Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you listen to in your garage?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 41 C28, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Mostly Owwwwwwww, Son of a !!!!!!!!!

2. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

Either Country or i blast my Sirus and listen to some Old School Punk Rock or Just Punk in general.

3. PG

PG

Band of Horses, Matt Pond PA, blindside, any good tune to keep me wrenchin.

4. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash. The big three.
    That or Dibbs Preston/ Big Sandy.

5. A LOT OF SWEARING AND CUSSING,BECAUSE OF FRUSTRATION!!!:confused:

6. iPOD & Earmuffs remedy this and will save your hearing!;) LOL

7. 85-percent

85-percent

WPLR New Haven CT Sunday mornings 8-10 AM Little Steven's Underground Garage.

Discovered the Pretty Things "All light up" there. spiffy tune. I'm amazed groups like these have existed since mid 60's and they were never on my radar, ever! Like discovering a live Tyrannasaurus Rex in your backyard or something!

I've worshipped Frank Zappa since 1971, but only get radio in the shop.

Been listening to www.pandora.com on the computer. Apparently you can tweak the playlist to match your musical tastes.

-90%

8. Johnny99

Johnny99

90.7 FM public radio station in Everett WA., Saturday mornings, starts with 1920s flapper music, kinda weird but at least its something different. Then it goes into bluegrass. Then it takes off with guitar themed stuff, rockabilly, old country, classic rock, blues, great garage listening. They used to have a show called music with Mosckowitz, lots of funny tunes, kinda Dr. Demento like. But sadly the fellow who DJd died, [Mosckowitz passed away shortly after retiring from his teaching job] If you are in the N.W. give it a listen. John:)

9. Searcher

Searcher

I play music the most at work in the KW.
    This week it was Hendrix and Marty Robins mostly. I hardly listen to the newer music out there.

10. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

If you think that rock peaked years ago and only listen to the classics, you might listen to some of the great new progressive rock.

Lately I've been listening to the "Fear Of A Blank Planet" CD by Porcupine Tree. Their site is at http://www.porcupinetree.com/

There's a good, commercial-free progressive rock station called Morow that you can listen to online at http://www.morow.com/

If you want to get caught up on where jazz is going, Soma FM's Sonic Universe is a great station that you can listen to at http://somafm.com/play/sonicuniverse

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

11. Classic rock, mostly. I do listen to some of the new rock, since that is what my kids listen too. Some of that ain't half-bad! I listen to Talk radio on AM, too...depends on when I'm out wrenching.

12. HELLMET

HELLMET

classical music bethoven, motzart it calms me.

Nitroholic likes this.
  13. greenmachine53

greenmachine53
    BANNED

1800 watts of nothing but OLD country. Cash, Jones, Haggard, Williams, you get the idea..

Reman likes this.
  14. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Sirius octane
    With a irish whiskey back

15. MERRELL

MERRELL

the voices...they just wont stop!!!!

29A-V8 likes this.
  16. Allan Songer

Allan Songer

Non stop hard bop. Been on a Jackie McLean binge--mostly the mid-60s Blue Note stuff. And lots of Joe Henderson and Kenny Dorham too as of late.

Jazz--the only music that makes any sense to me.

17. luvzccr

luvzccr

johnny cash is all i listen to. the folsom prison concert and san quentin will get me through the day, that and some yelling and cursing and dropping of tools on my foot :D

18. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

I've always been a Classic Rock guy. But lately I got this thing with Hot Female Artists. Try KT Tunstall, Natalie Merchant(10,000 Maniacs) or my favorite, Corrine Bailey Rae. That'll get ya motivated. Oh, and I don't give that skanky Winehouse the time of night. Puke! Just my 2 :eek:B

19. I work in the garage only at night. All I hear is the stay or neighborhood cats fighting with my cats, and coyotes howling in the back pasture and field. Other than that, the neighbor hood and the garage is silent.

20. Horan

Horan

i don't have a garage i do most of my work in my driveway but usually listen to punk or hardcore.

21. Bash'n'Weld

Bash'n'Weld

Radio Hauraki = Classic Rock

22. orbit

orbit
    from NE IL

I usually burn the podcasts from garagepunk.com onto CDs and play those in the garage when I'm working. Good music for relatively little expense.

I like 'Savage Kick' and 'GaragePunk Surfcast' the best.

http://garagepunk.com

23. novadude

novadude

This past weekend, it was the 4-CD Rhino Box set: "Nuggets: Artyfacts from the psychedelic era 1965-1968", set on "repeat". Good mid-60s garage band stuff. :)

The weekend before, I was on a Turbonegro & Hellacopters kick.

24. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

Gwar!!!!!!!!!!!

25. N312RB

N312RB
    from Burlington

hell ya!

26. KATFISH

KATFISH

27. PACHECO

PACHECO

Long Gone Trio (T-V8 - coolest hot rod song), High Noon, Frantic Flattops, Hicksville Bombers, Lazy Jumpers, Road Kings, Two Timin Three......any of the 50's Sun stuff, Gene Vincent, George Jones.....nothing like some good Rockabilly.
    Social Distortion and Rev. Horton Heat are a must also.
    Misfits, Circle Jerks, Dead Milkmen, Fugazi, Bad Religion, Dead Kennedys, Exploited, Minor Threat get a good rotation also.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  28. Jet engines from the local A.F.B. and the airport, hail and tornadoes, flood waters. neighbor's lawn mower, neighbors disagreements, missus calling me in the house to do home projects, 40,786 birds living in the tree just outside my garage door but mostly 99.9 FM oldies.

29. banjorear

banjorear

I'd advise this box set (or get it from your local library and burn a copy)

Roots N' Blues : 1925-1950 The Retrospective. 4 discs of great American roots music. Live and raw like it should be. Good stuff.

Also getting some airplay:

White Stripes: White Blood Cells, Get Behind Me Satan & Icky Thump
    Stoogies: S/T & Fun House
    Hillbilly Hot Rod & Automobile Songs: Comp CD
    Best of Radiohead
    Dead Kennedy's: Fresh Fruit and Rotting Veggies
    Primus: Best of...
    The Who: Maxium R&R box set and My Generation delux ed. CD.
    Muddy Water's & John Lee Hooker: Any CD
    Cars Movie Soundtrack if my two boys are in the garage with me.
    Funny as hell to hear a 18 month old boy sing, well mumble, Life Is a Highway by Rascle Flats.

30. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm in a bad section of Baltimore.......we listen to 9mm s and police helicopters.....and whatever tool is running.

nunattax likes this.