Register now to get rid of these ads!

68-72 Chevy Truck Pics Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimmyM, Jun 2, 2008.

1. I've got offered a trade on a 71 Chevy truck that I'm really considering and would love to see what yall folks have done to these things. To get me some ideas and opinions on which way to take the truck if I do trade for it. It's a long bed which I honestly like because it's different. Pictures,ideas,opinions and such would be awesome and get my mental thoughts flowing in the right direction:D

2. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Multiple boards devoted to that.

3. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

I would be more interested in talking about your '41 Dodge pickup....

4. BadLuck

BadLuck

Me too.....wrong board for that year of chevy.....:)

5. heres an idea, yeah ive seen some "hot rodded" trucks of those years with whites and steelies and flames blah blah......i almost baught a fully restored 1970 chevy longbed.....5k...350 too. but, if i had gotten that truck i couldnt take it to most of the car shows that are 65 and earlier cars only, so im still in the hunt for a 50's chevy pickup, not a bucket of rust but a driver i can do work out of and throw stuff in the back, simply install a small chevy engine i have, wide whites, 56 olds caps, drop it 4-6 inches and call it done... the 68-70's chevy's are kinda....well, not hot rod trucks, lots have that brown and chrone trim, and the whole" farmer" look. PERSONALLY, just my opinion, they look good as a lifted up redneck mud truck, i had one, but was an 83. sold that real fast hahah. the style of these trucks just looks best restored and driven, but whites of any kind, and flames, just dont work i think. they are good work trucks, but i walk right past them at car shows and dont even look, i dont care if they are bagged and flamed, with a 572 blown big block, id rather look at the 50's early 60's trucks. more hamb friendly too.

my 2 cents.

pick up an older chevy, that way you can post pics on here and take her to car shows.

6. aceuh

aceuh

7. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

68-72 are some of my favorites. Good luck with it if you trade.