Register now to get rid of these ads!

Impala Paint Ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magnet, Jun 2, 2008.

1. magnet

magnet

Hey everyone, i was blown away with the paint on the "Toast Bird" at Rust Revival.. got me thinking about my 62 impala... I started visualizing scallops and panels in my head..

Anyone got pics of early 60's cars with scallops, flake etc etc?

[​IMG]

2. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

3. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

4. DrJ

DrJ

it would be real easy to turn a 60's car into an "Air Circus Stunt Plane" with the wrong scallops, so give it a lot of forethought.
    Panel painting like on the Tbird is a safer way to go although I have a hard time trying to look at that car because of the dead wrong looking "Gansta Whitewalls" on any post-'61 car.

5. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

better talk to the boys from Los Boulevardos, haha, they got that shit dialed.

6. magnet

magnet

I hear ya..

7. tommy v

tommy v

yup:cool:

8. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Heres some of my car, don't know if it will help. It's a 64 and it's a wagon but might give you some idea's.
    It was nice talking with you and hearing the story on your 62 at the Rust Revival. Very cool car. Gary

Attached Files:

9. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Hell yeah, very cool wagon, Gary - He should be able to get some ideas from it....

10. magnet

magnet

Yeah i think the trim line and the lower body crease are the key effects and the scallops and panels have to align and use those features. Which makes it tough to do.. because that trimline is so high.. and forward facing scallops are just plain weird to the eye.
    Also the top of the car and the side of the car dont have a hard division sometimes.. where there isn't trim or a hard body line..

HHmmm maybe thats why the usual custom paint on a 62 is solid body color and flake white roof.. accenting the crease lines in the rear roof section.

did a google search on 62 chevy and custom paint.. got zilch.

Thanks for the links so far.. slowly forming some ideas in my head..