Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cut my finger off today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5wbomber, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

Yep! thats right, using my stomp shear and snap* goes my right index finger!!!!!!!!!!!! ran to the car,passed out,went to E.R and go to surgery in the morning...................my roadster runs though:rolleyes:

my finger is done. -jordan

id post a pic but you might wanna puke:(

2. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

DAMN. Can they reattach it? That's an important finger.

3. Now thats Hot Rodding!! Thats earning the right to drive your car!

Klaus

4. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Wow. Sorry man:( I guess this could be considered the ultimate sacrifice to the car gods. Here's to a smooth procedure. Good luck!

5. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

damn dude!!! That sucks..kids these days.

6. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

not something I expected to see when I signed in...

thats shitty dude, those shears eat fingers like nobody's buisness!!

I hope you have a quick recovery

7. Ouch... that hurts!
    Hope all goes well in surgery!

-Shiny

8. Low

Low

this thread is worthless without pics :D

9. BigChief

BigChief

Sure....its all fun and games till someone looses a finger!

Get well soon!

-Bigchief.

10. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

Good luck with the surgery!

11. now youv'e chopped it!!!

How ya gonna channel it

Ouch

12. BadLuck

BadLuck

And he still is able to get on the HAMB and type!!:D...

13. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

tuesday is the last film day for my show too...........itreally hurt man,be safe with stuff out there.....

14. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

ya left handed it sucks..................bad:mad:

15. Exactly...:rolleyes: Sorry it happened.

I cut the end off 2 of my fingers and they got put back. the only thing still attached was the knuckle skin. They put them back on and hooked up all the wires. they work OK now, well better than nothing.

You might have to wear a guitar looking thing on your hand for a few months.
    Good luck with your surgery!

16. Make sure you keep it in a box, Jordan. Then when you want to give someone the finger, they can take it with them.

Seriously, sorry to hear it.

17. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

Damn man that sucks, sorry to hear that jordan. at least you lost it working on a hotrods. I almost lost my finger to a lameass tilesaw once. You can still flip people off.

18. autobilly

autobilly

Sorry to read of your accident, guess that's the blood part of " blood, sweat and tears".
    Your latest sacrifice to the Gods of Speed.
    What a dedicated HAMBer you are 5wbomber, even after such an injury, you still made time to post.

19. BadLuck

BadLuck

As long as you can still shift!:D....hopin' for a speedy recovery for you..:)

20. HAHAHAHAHAHH THATS THE GREATEST POST I'VE EVER SEEN!!!! I'm sorry to hear that man, at least youre good humored about it.

21. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Quite sorry to hear about that. I used to be an X-ray tech, and I've seen injuries like this many, many times. One thing I'm not understanding - a shear would give a clean amputation, especially if it was a quick motion. This is the kind of injury that lends itself best to surgical reattachment, providing the finger wasn't crushed in the accident. Are we understanding that they are not going to try to reattach the finger?

-KK

22. Mooseman

Mooseman

that must have really hurt

23. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

Geeze..and you seen so content with it

24. Muttley

Muttley

25. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

Sorry to hear of your loss. I Lost the tip of my toe last week, due to an infection, [and old age] my doc and I got tired of messing with it. I miss it but then I dont have to see the little stub missing all the time, as with a finger. Don,t want to make light of it, just a little light hearted commiserrating with a fellow amputee. Fingers are more important than little toes.

26. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

It's sorta irrelevant now, but does your jump shear have any hold downs/elephant feet and a safety guard? I'm assuming not. :(

Sorry to hear about that for real. I've cut myself a lot in my lifetime and almost lost a index finger once (not from fabricating) and my mother cut her middle finger off with a table saw of all things. Hope you heel up quick. I also had a cousin blow his thumb right off when he was messing with pipe bombs in his youth.
    If this ever happens to anyone, DO NOT put the finger on ice directly. Put the finger in a ziplock bag with cold water only. Get another bag and fill it up with ice and put the water filled bag in the ice bag only. Move it (the water bag) around once in a while so it does not sit on the ice for a long period of time. You would be surprised how long a finger can be attached if you do not damage it any further after the accident.

Again, Good luck with the healing and hope it can go back on smoothly with no problems...

27. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

the elephant feet grabbed my hand when i jumped on it, i curled my fingers up and that finger wasnt fast enough,it sheared my finger at a 45 degree angle behind the nail i looked down and saw the damage,i was very calm about it and told my dad lets go to the hospital,grabbed a rag and when i got in the car i started losing vision and passed out,i was kinda bummed i passed out(felt like a bitch), a freind who was there with me and my dad, stayed and found the tip 5 min later and brought it to the E.R but they said its useless and threw it out. the surgen says he's gunna try his best to get it back to what it was, now i cant even drive my damn car or work on anything but, im gunna keep my head up and do what i can............watch the tv show there will be the x rays!!!!!!! thanks for the support everyone! it makes me feel good!!! -jordan

28. People have been telling me for years that I could be just 10% better if... Index finger.. dang, sorry to hear that. Me, middle finger, I flip people off all the time and they're none the wiser.

29. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

well it sounds like you didn't lose the whole thing, so that's good!

a guy at the printing press I worked at got his finger caught in a roller and it popped off like it was glued on. also, my uncle was doing carpentry work for this really old guy and he left the old guy alone briefly and when he came back he had cut off all his fingers with a bandsaw.

30. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

I wouldn't worry about that at all, it's just your body trying to take over to help itself. Just take it as a lesson learned, I've done my share of damage when I started welding at 14. When I damaged my finger, it got highly infected and it almost had to get cut off ,it was that bad and that was 100% my fault. Keep it as clean as possible and do not give up at all.

Also on a side note, do a little research on the meds they might give you or have a good talk with a doctor. My mother was prescribed a oral medication that has permanently messed up her equilibrium up to this day.

Heal quickly and get back to banging those gears as soon as possible...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.