Register now to get rid of these ads!

King's in Toms River

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by narducci, Mar 28, 2008.

1. narducci

narducci

Anyone remember King's drive in in TR. Actually was Kings Kustard at Hwy 37 and Hwy 9. A great hotrodder hangout in the 50's and 60's.
    I grew up there

2. narducci

narducci

Unbelievable,
    I thought someone on here would remember. Maybe all the rest are gone by now!

3. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

:DYhea, I was born there! I remember going there as a kid. Sometimes it would be with my aunt, she had a wicked Dodge Charger! I seem to remember King's had a orange and black checker pattern paint job? All that is there now is a jug handle. You drove up and they put the food on on a tray on your window, like Stewart's.

4. narducci

narducci

Yea thats the place. I grew up there too, go back every summer to visit the family, they still live on Gladney ave where I was raised. Toms River HS class of 1965.
    We used to cruise Kings and all the bowling alleys in the area. plus Seaside in the summer.

5. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Some things don't change. I grew up on Grand Ave, Toms River HS class of 81. We used to criuse to the TR Diner, Pine Barrens (woods parties), Seaside in the summer/winter, and also Asbury Park. My first car was a 65 Chevy Impala S/S.