Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Trip Support

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lindross, Mar 20, 2008.

1. We're purchasing San Diego Joe's killer Valiant and driving her home from San Diego, CA. We're flying out April 9th and will be in transit for 4-5 days as we make our way back to Indy. Thought it would be nice to round up some HAMB'ers who have or know of good shops or support along the way just in case of something going wrong. So throw your shop up here, phone number, etc... We'll be traveling thru the following cities along the trip home.

Yuma, Phoenix, Flagstaff, Albuquerque, Amarilo,Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Springfiled, St. Louis, Terre Haute.

If you're along the way chime in and support some HAMB'ers if needed. We have no doubts that we'll make it home problem free, but it's a long trip and anything simple could happen.

Here's our trip Googled.

Thanks for your support,
    Scott and Jim (GMC Bubba)

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

LOTS of HAMBer's along your route. Call me if you need help along the way, night or day, and I'll put a post up right away.

734-673-6930

3. Plowboy

Plowboy

Well, I ain't along the way for you but if you decide you want to go up to I-72 to I-74 and across and see the "Shed of Dreams" give me a holler.

I have a trailer though.....

4. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

I'm just outside Springfield on 72, more than willing to help if needed. I got a truck and trailer available 24/7.

5. That's the kind of spirit that makes the H.A.M.B. the "community of kindred souls" that it is. You are to be commended, Denise.......Don.

6. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

If you guys break down on the west side of Indy, give me a call!!!!:D:D

7. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

if anything happens between st. louis and indy , my truck and trailer is available.(you buy diesel and moon pies)

i hope you guys have a nice safe trip.

8. raven

raven

I'm near Kansas City, MO.
    If you need some help, I'm onlly a couple of hours away.
    r

9. Plowboy

Plowboy

While you are at it, when you go through Independence, MO can you stop off at Warbozz's place and get me the 8 carbs of mine he won't send back.

10. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I'm more worried about the plane ride out there than I am about the valiant on the way back.

An electrician once gave me a valuable piece of advice before I went skydiving for the first time. He said that if anyone ever tries to throw you out of a plane keep an extension cord in your backback instead of a parachute. He said the parachute might not open but the extension cord is absolutely guaranteed to catch on something and hang you up.

11. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

hahahaha....damn thats funny and soo damn true!:D
    damn arron, i figured you would have got your carb shit worked out by now! that sucks!:(

12. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

if you end up near Tucson, give us a yell.

13. gas pumper

gas pumper

I could send you one of my AIR HOSES. That always works for me. I got one that can tie itself into a knot all by itself:D

Frank

14. we are all here in Phoenix and ElPalcko has a fully staffed shop.

15. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Denise is like HAMB AAA. You'd better put her on speed dial. There isn't many she doesn't know. 6 degrees of HRLC! She knows someone who knows someone who knows you!

16. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

If you guys end up driving through northern colorado and have any problems give me a call. Got access to a full dealer shop. 970-402-5587

17. LIVE IN republic MO JUST SOUTH OF I 44. 417-732-6987. JUST WEST OF Springfield.

18. jalopyshots

jalopyshots

If you are looking for cool places to stop the old King Gold Mine in Jerome, AZ is a good place. Has tons of old trucks and machinery.
    Pics can be seen here. http://www.dynamitedave.com/places_jerome.html

the city of Jerome is a tourist trap and has lots of little shops for your wife.

19. jalopyshots

jalopyshots

20. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I have a trailer in St. louis if needed.

21. Make sure to take a stop in Oatman, AZ. If you're lookin' for a piece of ass it's definately the place to go (hehe). Seriously... Google it and check it out.

Also, if you have a stay over in St. Louis on a Thursday night, ge a hold of Monsterflake and/or King Chassis. Thursday nights there are always good for hanging out at Creative Customs.

22. Wow, the power of the HAMB is awesome. Thanks for the info guys and gals. We'll plot ya along the map plus we got a new wireless modem card for the lap top so we'll be able to post the story of our journey.

Too bad we can't take Denise with us to write our story since she's so good at it. :D

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You can, you just have to convince my boss to give me the time off.:D

24. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

we are in wellington texas 100 miles east of amarillo

stop by or call if you have any trouble.

800-798-2581

25. BTT. We're flying out Wednesday this week to pick up our new Valiant. We'll keep the post updated along the way. Thanks for all the support, PM's and numbers. Maybe we'll run into some of ya along the way.