Register now to get rid of these ads!

53/54 chev tell us the new repo you need

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ems customer service, Feb 3, 2008.

1. I know 49-52 tailgates would be hot too. I need one right now. Bad thing is the inner goes as much as the outer. So the whole thing would be nice. Probably not worth the tooling however...:rolleyes:

2. JAM

JAM

I'm doing a wagon right now and the dog leg (section from door jam to r. wheel opening) on these things are always gone. I would buy them right now if I could.

3. Big Tony

Big Tony

I 2nd Terry's deal on the bumpers.

4. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

more 4 door parts. i know they're not "the cool one" but there's alot of us that have them. like inner and outter rockers.

5. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

I would like to to see you make the INNER bottom rear 1/4, just below the gas door.
    I replaced the outside of my 1/4 with an EMS panel but no one makes the inner part.
    here is a pic. of my home made replacement panel, I did not have a bead roller at the time of this repair, you can see where the bead stops, that where my patch starts.
    this is the drivers side looking back toward the bumper.
    sorry about the crapy pic.

thanks,
    David

[​IMG]

6. atomickustom

atomickustom

I don't have a photo, but I'd also vote for the rear 6 inches of the trunk floor.
    My trunk was solid as a rock EXCEPT the part where it dips down at the very rear of the trunk and attaches to the body under the lip. I spent a lot of time welding in little bitty pieces of metal to make it whole again, and it would have been easier and quicker to just slice out the old one and put in a new one.

7. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

I second this, And How about the little radiused sections under the windows under the belt line.

I know I need a patch on mine for this

8. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I second that!

9. ems customer service

ems customer service

tell use more baout what you mean by belt line panel we do not understand, put answer in disscussion so evry one can commet please

10. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

This is the section I was talking about Ive seen it rot out on a few diff belair models with the extra window stainless that is good for trappin water,

[​IMG]

11. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

Another replacement patch I would like to see

[​IMG]

Thanx Phil

12. cretin

cretin

I second that one ^^^^
    and rear corners below the tail light, I couln't find and and had to cut one out of a junkyard car. But the one I cut out has small rust holes so I have to patch my patch.

13. ems customer service

ems customer service

thanks for the inpuy guys keep it come'n pics of your rust really help us lot, a panel to small or to big does not do the job correctly

14. ems customer service

ems customer service

15. ems customer service

ems customer service

16. Any plans to get into tri-fives?

17. ems customer service

ems customer service

no not really, but we said that about 50's car and look what happened

18. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Here is one more thing I'm sure a lot of us could use. The bottom edge of the car below the trunk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Not Pete hit that on the head. That rear panel, front splash apron between bumper and grill, and full front fenders would be dreamy. You might even be able to do an insert die set to make 53 and 54 fenders from the same core stamping tool.

I'm also on board with the 4 door cars. Rockers (I'd show pics but I don't HAVE any!) and quarters.

The Cali one piece bumpers are the rage so I'm sure you could sell the heck out of those at a good price.

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I glad to say i dont "need" any of these body panels. But you never know. with all these blind drivers today..well i dont want to jinx myself.
    i would like to see the panel under the trunk lid behind the bumper too..the picture above danimals post.
    This is the only place on my car that has any possibility of something going on, but entire quarters sounds good, maybe even new door skins and 4 door ones too. Inner fender wells?..complete front fenders...

21. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

Nat chevy Has these patches

22. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I've never been to happy with the quality of the panels that they sell.

23. DeVille472

DeVille472
    from GA

For the love of god please make front splash pans... metal behind the front bumper... i got 2 cars needing them and there HARD to find. And stuff for 4 door cars too..

24. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

ya know what..now that you mention it DeVille472..my front splash pan is kinda krinkled..and not very straight..
    It would be nice to put a new one behind that nice chrome bumper.

25. DeVille472

DeVille472
    from GA

Exactly dude... I got one bent and one rusted at the mounts.

Id order 2 immediately.. and got a friend who would would pick one up too.

26. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

What they all said but for 49-50 would be great!!!!! Especially rear quarters and front fenders.... PAUL

27. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly

I'd love to see the complete door and front half of a quarter including rear window reproduced....making it easier to make a two door from a four door. If you could also do that for Merc's (49-51) that'd be great too.

28. 1954HCCA

1954HCCA
    from LA

I hope the whole quarters are reproduced.Along with rear splash and trunk floor areas.

What about body mounts?

29. famous59

famous59
    from dallas, tx

i agree

30. ems customer service

ems customer service

not pete , thanks for photos, they are on the list of stuff to do, looks like front of rear 1/4 will be first, along with front toe boards , and rear floor pans, the last 2 are close to 49 chev so we have a lot of tooling design & process work kind of done so these will go very fast,

splash pans are 53 & 54 the same physically or do they differ in design only ned info on front and rear

thanks guys