Register now to get rid of these ads!

Indy 1962 Motorama THANK YOU!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassedbaker, Feb 13, 2008.

1. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

The Road Rockets Car Club would like to thank EVERYONE who participated in this past weekend's 3rd Annual Motorama 1962. Without all of the great people and outstanding vehicles we would have never been able to make it the success that it was! There were so many people who worked very hard to make this show what it was, most importantly all of our friends who showed up to display their cars, some traveling as far away as St. Louis!

A special thank you goes out to John Cooper for all of his hard work, Jim Linder from Bubba's Hot Rod Shop for providing the decals for the show, Dan Huffman for running the drive-in movies, Oil Can Harry for his wonderful Stoutfield slide-show, John Welsh for designing and building our 8ft tall traveling People's Choice Trophy, Alan Mayes and Ol'Skool Rodz for their support of the show, and Bill Bronson for bringing out his 1952 Indy Motorama "Give Away" car, it was certainly a special treat for everyone!

A special thank you also goes out to all of the Indy Drag Racers who showed up to participate in our Memorbilia Dispay; Wayne Jones, Paul Davis, Phil Hobbs, Chuck Witmer and Pee Wee Whitaker! They all had a fantastic weekend catching up on old times, some seeing eachother for the first time in over 30 years! They all also had fun standing for pictures and sigining autographs!

We would also like to thank all those who participated in the Pin-Striper's Panel Jam who raised money for the Soap Box Derby.

Also we would like to thank all of the HAMBers who participated in the Meet and Greet at the Road Rocket tent.... the decals were fantastic!

Another BIG thank you goes out to the Cincinatti Auto Replicas Model Car Club for setting up and sharing their passion of model cars!

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS goes out to Mike Lanning of Kokomo for winning our People's Choice Award with his awesome/outstanding/beautiful 1951 yellow Mercury Custom!

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS also goes out to the Push Rods for showing up in force and taking home the Club Support trophy.

Once again, we the Road Rockets could not have had a successful show without each one of our friends coming out on a frigid weekend to have a great time! The entire room was filled with great traditional rods, hot rods, customs, gassers, dragsters and Indy cars, along with GREAT PEOPLE!!!!

Don't forget to mark your calendars for the 9th Annual Road Rocket Rumble being held 19-21st of June at the Clarion Waterfront Hotel, it'll be three days of outstanding fun! Visit www.indyroadrockets.com for more information or call Tom at 317-244-8271!

2. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

NO-NO THANKS YOU GUYS FOR MAKING THIS AVAILABLE!!!

Lookin forward to the Rumble!

Heard you had old school automotive seminars scheduled for fridays activity. at the rumble???

WOW a 60's style ignition seminar, cant wait ! Heard the instructor was a guru or something like that !!!:confused:

3. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

i had a killer time. thanks for all you guys did.--monzadood

4. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Congrats to the Road Rockets for a successful show !

5. dennisk

dennisk
    from Indiana

Thanks to ALL the Road Rockets for a great time and a great show. Looking forward to the Rumble. :)

6. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Thanks guys. You guys out did yourselves again. Hannah and I had a great weekend hanging out with our friends. See you at the rumble.
    I gotta see this old poop ignition guru...bet he looks just like Jim Lindner!!!:rolleyes::p:D

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I heard he was real dreamy.....:cool:

8. It was a terrific show and an even better time being part of it.

9. pullinlines

pullinlines
    from indy

The Panel Jam Ended Up Raisin' Right At 4200.00!!!!!!!!!!! The Charities Are Colbourne Place Gleaners Food Bank And The Soap Box Derby. I Would Like To Think Tom And Naomi For Helpin Me Thurs. Nite Cause I Was Not Well Enuf To Be There!!!!!!!!!! Lit'l Bill

10. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Hey Billy, good to see you are on the hamb now. Thanks for the panel jam. I picked up one of Jerry Carrs monster toilet seat lids and a few pinstriped panels from the other guys there. Good stuff...now I need someplace to hang it. Garage decoration!!!:D