Register now to get rid of these ads!

53/54 chev tell us the new repo you need

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ems customer service, Feb 3, 2008.

1. ems customer service

ems customer service

we are going to tool up fornew repo panels for the 53/54 chevy, tell us the parts that you would like to see first. post pics of your rusted panels it helps use to know how far to go.

2. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

beltline patch panels would be cool

3. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

the panel that goes behind the rear bumper beneath the decklid. they are always rusty.

4. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

How bout 1/4 panels from the trim holes on down? All one piece front to back.

5. I'll second this.

6. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

does anyone make a replacement grille and teeth?

7. gnarleynick

gnarleynick
    from ____

whole quarters

gearhead9663 likes this.
  8. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

9. customcory

customcory

The very last body support that goes across bottom of the car and the panel above it, the one that the rear most body bolts go thru accessible thru the trunk. Also the rear inner quarter panels in the rear.:D

10. I'll see that and raise you a front splash pan that goes in behind the front bumper! I am having the worst luck finding those!

11. luckys8ba

luckys8ba

1/4 panels and front splash pans

12. ^^^^^What those guys said!

13. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

Front valance panel, rear valance or splash pans. 2 door door bottoms from outside then under and to inside bottom of door (u shaped) Inner fenders both sides. There are some people already making rocker panels and front and rear floor pans but mabe they need some competition. Thanks. BOBBY FORD

14. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

front splash pan for sure.... Rear pan would be nice, and another vote for rear quarter from the trim line down.

gearhead9663 likes this.
  15. vicksrods

vicksrods

quarters,door bottoms and the piece below the deck lid.

16. There are several companies that sell replacement panels for various parts of these cars, but no one has full rear 1/4 panels. If you could repop those, you'd have the market cornered. A full tailpanel would also be nice. Nat. Chevy sells right and left side repair panels, but they're 2 pieces and they don't include the lip around the lower deck lid opening.

17. Terry

Terry

18. slamdpup

slamdpup

yes inner fenders..or i would like to see some inner fenders for us low,chevy folks..for stock suspension or mustang2 clips

19. Tcoupe

Tcoupe

Definatly full quarters, rear inner quarters, door bottoms.....oh and bumpers would be freaking awsome!

20. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Front fender corners (under the headlight) So you can use a '53 grille in a '54, and vise versa.

Maybe some raised floor sections to clear notched frames on bagged/heavy dropped cars.

21. Kurt

Kurt

22. The Wrong-Un

The Wrong-Un

Try these: http://www.thehotrodgirl.com/1953chevy.html

I'd like to see door bottoms made. I've been searching but come up with nothing, unless anyone knows different. Lower sections for wagon tailgates wouldn't be a bad idea either. This is mine before repair.

[​IMG]

gearhead9663 likes this.
  23. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

For sure a front splash pan! Those things are hard to find, not too expensive but still take awhile to find, full rear quarters are a must, and beltlines are a must. Oh yeah, did I mention good prices, good customer service, keep'm in stock and resale accounts for those with licenses!
    -Anthony

OH YEAH! CHEAPER PRICED 54 AND 53 GRILL TEETH, ITS MURDER WHAT THEY ASK FOR THOSE!!

gearhead9663 likes this.
  24. i think its great youve come looking for input! these guy have pretty much nailed it for panel/body repops. keep up the great work.

25. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

Another vote for rear splash pans. I don't know if they are currently repopped but trunk floor pans would also be nice preferably without the spare tire well.

26. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Yeah, the trunk pan including the channel that is completely gone in mine, right up against the back edge, where the latch striker is, and the piece that is just below the decklid, outside, from 1/4 to 1/4, not sure what that area would be called but it is pretty far gon e as well.

27. Any plans to get into the trifive chevy business?

28. Gerg

Gerg

I agree with the door bottoms inners for the rear quarters and with everything else

How about the front fender headlight sorounds? mine are completely rotten

Also wanted to extend a huge thanks for asking the community thats just awsome

29. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

One piece bumpers, The front body mounts that attach at the firewall, and perhaps front splash pan.

30. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I could use:

The lower half of the rear quartes on both sides. From the door to the tail light. It would be great if they included the complete wheel opening.

[​IMG]

I'm having to try to rebuild the back part of the wheel opening and the lower rear quarter.

I was looking at the quarter patches for the 49-52 chevy's they are just the right shape and start at the right places.

The only thing I saw that I didn't like was that the corner from the door jam to the body wasn't as crisp and the factory corner.

Also the inner and outer rockers, front floor pans, door botoms, front splash pan, the trunk pans and the little strip of the trunk that butts up to the bottom edge of the trunk door.
    It is a flat channel that runns at the back of the trunk. All of those would be great. I'm sure there is more that people need though.