Register now to get rid of these ads!

" Yellow Belly Dragstrip "

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirty2, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Dirty2

Dirty2

Guys !!! This is 2008 isnt it ? Things change, I did ! If you dont have anything to say pos than keep it to youself. I took my daughter there and left after night . I have been to yalls neighborhood and it has crime also. This is DFW. From what I have gathered most of the problem people have went to Kennadale. We were jst trying to get a race place close to the DFW area that had some history that you could run what you brung with out paying a lot of money. Oh well if yall are scared than we will go and have a blast !! and check our lugnuts and our back .

2. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

Cool. E.C.

3. talisman

talisman
    from Texas

LOL, exactly what I was thinking when I saw the thread title. "Wow, and he made it home and is alive to post about it?" :p

4. The Shocker

The Shocker

Ah, hello i was trying to back you up Danny.I already said i was in.I always wondered what it was like to get stabbed or shot.I cant wait .I have good health coverage from my employer ,so lets gas up are hotrods and do it...

5. Big Dad

Big Dad

fwiw

It is Yello Belly ..if you try to google it or ..

6. What a cool looking racetrack. Up here we need all that roof over a track, not the bleachers,since we get so damn much rain!:rolleyes:

7. CaseyB

CaseyB

where about on Irving Blvd is Snuffbox? I live about 3 blocks from there. I could roll by and stick my camera over the fence and get a shot.

8. JD's 32

JD's 32
    from TX

I think, and this is just .02 if y go and mind your own buisness people generaly will leave you alone, get drunk and poke your nose where you shouldn't then trouble starts. Am i invited?

9. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

I always thought that would be a great place for a Hot Rod show and Run-4-fun. The place has real old feel to it....... its not that bad of an area ... its right by all the junkyards in Grand Prairie few blocks off loop 12

10. Rusty

Rusty

Thanks Mark, Still working out the details for the race/ show

Rusty

11. Rusty

Rusty

You know you are, I will let the dates out hopefully in the next few weeks

Rusty

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I cleaned this thread up a bit... Some of you fellas need to watch your mouth... Racial crap doesn't fit in here...

For the record, I've been to Yellow Belly a few times. So long as you are all about drag racing you'll be fine. Great people and a good place.

13. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

Looking forward to hearing something on this,......... let me know if I can help out

14. lrseclipse

lrseclipse
    from Dallas, TX

I steer clear of that track for all I've heard of people being shot and stabbed, but If you say they've cleaned up their act, ill definatly have to check it out

15. Too Old

Too Old
    from Texas

The Pipkins still have their trailer and truck parked at Jackson & Compton streets in Irving. I haven't seen the old car run since the old Circle dragstrip days but have seen the newer Chevy run at the Motorplex a few years ago. It's still brown and still Snuff Box.

16. Larry T

Larry T

Well, I know the question is over 2 years old, but I believe O. L. Nelms originally built Yello Belly. And the story I hear was that he wasn't interested in what the dragstrip made moneywise, he just wanted the proceeds from the consessions.
    Larry T