Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best place for 9 inch drums/shoes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nixer, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Looking around for new shoes and drums for my 9 inch. I wasn't sure if there were any Alliance vendors selling any, but if you know of a good place to get them, please let me know.

it is a 11 inch drum x 2.25 width brake shoes.

thanks,

tok

2. john56h

john56h

This is not what you are looking for, but is related. DCA Fabrication specializes in parts for Street Stock oval type cars, but they make a nice set of racing backing plates to adapt smaller GM 9-1/2" brake drums to the 9" Ford rearend.

Look here:
    http://www.dcaracing.com/cat_9inrearend_2.html

3. phat rat

phat rat

Have you tried to buy them locally? For instance, NAPA, Car Quest, or a small local parts store. Ford 9" stuff is not rare, I've been able to buy all that stuff local.

4. tok, dunno if you have Carquest back therre but thats who I use. I am happy witht he brakes and shoes I got from them for the 54 and the T.

5. tomslik

tomslik

yeah, it was what I was looking for though....i could kiss ya....but don't hold yer breath;)

6. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

7. yekoms

yekoms

Tokyo, I got mine from Larry at Shaw's Speed Shop in Collegeville, PA. PM me if you need to get hooked up with them. Smokey

8. john56h

john56h

No kiss necessary....that's why I put it up, you never know who else is reading these threads.:)

9. sawzall

sawzall

why cant you get them right up the road at pep boys?

10. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

He tried...but the pimply kid on the counter needed to know if the original car was Air Conditioned or not and Tok didn't answer fast enough.
    The parts computer went into lock-down...

Game over...:(

11. If you know what they came from use rockauto.com, I found the size your talking about for about 16.00 regular, 24.00 professional grade from raybestos, I used a 65 Ford Galaxie 500, with a bigger engine. The thing is there is images so you can compare the image to your actual shoes.

12. hey thanks guys. I will look into some of the places around here. I have gotten the run around on some things, and your comment about the pimply kid is about right. Seems like I can find the shoes pretty easy, but the drums I can't seem to find.

I would like to get both at the same time, with no hassles.

ps, sawzall, got the drivers side 95% finished.

tok

13. speedway sells a complete kit, it seems they all are around the 300 dollar mark, but figure in shipping, then the local parts store price is competitive
    here's another place too http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/04.asp

14. XxStirCrazedxX

XxStirCrazedxX

Perfect time to upgrade to discs lol sorry im a disc type guy ;-)

15. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

all the shops which sell 9" axles sell a drum kit for big bearing axles - here are at least 10 places off the top of my head who would be able to sort it out for you.

dutchmanms, curries, so-cal, speedway, rockauto, summit racing, jegs, moser engineering, strange, rileyauto, ebay to name but a few

16. i should have put more info in as well...65 merc rear, small bolt pattern.

I think I may be able to get everything from rock auto as well.

thanks guys,

tok