Register now to get rid of these ads!

Oddball Vehicle Combinations:

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drive Em, Dec 15, 2007.

1. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

when i decoded the engine number on the 455 i built i found it came from a '71 f-85. someone ordered the big engine in the baby cutlass for some fun. i bet he had a blast with that thing in that tiny ass car :D

2. Nailhead

Nailhead

I think I know what car you're talking about. I'm pretty sure it was Fawn Beige with a cream top. Wifey wanted a four door and he wanted muscle. I'm pretty sure it was either in Super Chevy or Chevy muscle. I'll have to check, I know I still have that issue layin around here somewhere. Buddy of mine has a couple of 60's Pontiac wagons that were both documented factory 409 4 speed cars. I believe one was a '63 Dual quad and the other was a '64 with a single 4bbl.

3. klemmy

klemmy
    from Hobart,IN

my dad's last rambler was 1966 Rambler American 440 hardtop with the 290 V8, 2 bbl carb, auto, power steering and brakes. it was a mid year option. Two toned (light Aqua with a green top and green interior). My grandfather had kept onto it since the 70s i think and my dad sold it several years ago.been wanting to get it back sometime if i ever get the money [​IMG]

4. I thought you were talking odd ball. I had a 51 Olds with a 374 Packard, a 48 Plymouth 4 door with a 331 Cad, a 56 Ford with a 327 Chev, T-bird convertible with a 428 Cobra Jet built with a six pack.
    back in 57 there was a new Chev 4 door post with a factory injected 283 three on the tree. in 59 was a 59 Impala injected 4 speed car. have a customer with a 61 389 pontiac four door factory 4 speed car I might buy. I had a 67 Camaro in the shop while back v-8 3 on the tree bench seat car. worked on a 50 cad cpe de ville factory stick. got a local that bought a 65 Plymouth 4 door, the original owner ordered it with a single 4 barrel 426 Hemi to pull an air stream. they haven't been able to verify the factory ever built one but the numbers are right.

5. i had a 66 fury sport 383 auto in the floor .. all the ones ive seen before and after were all colume shifters

6. James Curl

James Curl

I have a friend who is converting a Dodge Challenger slant six, 3 speed collum shift, no power car into a 340, auto combo with power in a ground up rebuild, will not call it a restored car because it will not be original. He has built several clone Chargers and Baracudas.

7. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

Tman, There is a 57 210 4door hardtop sitting in a wrecking yard up here, factory Evening Orchid Color... i thought it was Odd...

8. My buddy and I bought a bunch of scrap off of a farm and one car was a 76 Pontiac Ventura with a 301 Olds engine,4 doors with power windows,bench seat with a manual floor shift and the tranny was a 5 speed. The tranny was apart in the trunk so I cannot say 100% it was actually in the car.Didn,t take long to sell the pedals and bellhousing at a swap meet.

9. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

My brother in law had a 70 Coronet wagon with 383/4speed and Super Bee front end....from the factory. The original owner got it because his son was in a wheelchair.[​IMG]

10. In 71 an F-85 was the same as the Cutlas S, just minimal trim and options. Olds sent my dad his choice in 70, he ran a stripped from the factory F85. Technically you could not order a car the way they shipped it.

11. Yeah man, they are! Think about the 4dr hardtop-top of the line model with the bare bones 210 trim-then option it back up like ours was. WTF?

12. Tony

Tony

I forgot a couple other's i've owned..Both not HAMB style car's at all, but strange for what they were none the less and i thought interesting.
    A 79 Malibu with 6 cyl, factory floor shift 3 speed and bench seat..and a 79 ElCamino 305 4 speed floor shift..
    Around here there were VERY few like these, maybe 2 Malibu's and one Monte Carlo of the same vintage that i knew of..
    The Malibu was a blast once i swapped to a 283 4 speed..the Elky i parted. When i sold the Malibu, i kept all the stick stuff and sold it with a T350..
    Still have ALL the part's from both.

13. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

kinda odd, but maybe not, i had a 76 or 77 olds f-85 2 door, odd fire v-6, 3 on the tree, black and white interior, seats had a 'checker board' black/white insert in them and it had 'radio delete'.

14. Drive Em

Drive Em

I have seen a few -'78-'86 "metric" GM cars like El Caminos, Malibus and 4 door wagons with factory 4 speeds around here.

15. Drive Em

Drive Em

I have the May 1999 issue of Chevy Classics and the Impala is in that issue. The wife insisted on a four door because of three small children, and the "three on the tree" because she had never driven a four speed.

16. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

The oddest I've seen is a 65 mustang with a factory bench seat.

17. tomslik

tomslik

i bought the 283 2bbl out of a 67 chevelle wagon that had a muncie 4speed,11" clutch and a 10 bolt posi....and not 1 straight piece of sheet metal;)
    was many,many years ago....

18. tomslik

tomslik

seen early camaros with a bench and a fold down rear seat, too!

19. tomslik

tomslik

might want to get ahold of me, i've got a pair of 340 torsion bars and rear springs from a 73....
    it got new ones with the 440 conversion....

20. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

There is a guy here in Pasadena with a factory ordered 62 4door BelAir with a 409Hp dual 4bbl, 4speed, bench seat setup in it. DOg dish hubcaps and all, a sleeper he used to wake other guys with for years.

21. metalman

metalman

This one reminds me of the 71 Plymouth Satelight wagon my dad bought when I was in high school, woodgrain and all. I was dissapointed till I realized it was all Roadrunner (including the dash) underneith. 383-4b, 727 torqueflight, 8 3/4 posi. A ball to drive + we could cram 12 friends in it.

22. I believe those 79 Malibu V6 standards were supposed to be exported to Iraq originally. That didn,t happen so they were sold here in North America real cheap.

23. turdytoo

turdytoo

A buddy in the Air Force told me they had USAF 396 El Caminoes in the Phillipines to help land U-2 spy planes but I didn't believe him until I saw them in Viet Nam. Base supply kept back up drive lines too.

24. Crestliner

Crestliner

A friend bought a new 62 Tempest, 4 cly, 4bbl, and 4 speed. It woud surpise you. Another bought a new 57 chey conv. 2x4, 3 on the tree, it would scream. Sold it after a few years, and the guy blew it up. Couldn't find the right parts to fix it, come to find out it wasn't suppose to leave the factory. One of their engine to be tested.

25. ls7gto

ls7gto

back up lights were a option in 64/65. both my 4 and 5 were optioned that way. the 64 was a heater and radio delete,manual steering and brakes, 389 3x2s, 4 spd 4.30 posi car. wonder what the origional ownwr had in mind...

26. How about a 1965 Chrysler 300 with a factory 4speed...???

Of all the MoPars I have ever owned, parted out, took parts off of in junkyards, and just plain looked at - I have only seen two examples of C-body 4speed cars.

27. 69 corvette, 427 tri-power, 4 speed, radio/heater delete, no power steering or brakes, 3.90 rear gear.

28. FOURLUG

FOURLUG

My old man has a 65-66 Chrysler Imperial 4 door green on green in green with a 426 and 4 speed, with no A/C,P/S or P/B. All the paper work says that is was A US Government car. It was the car that got me interested in "sleeper's". Dad would roll up to the light, this thing would just sit there and lope and when the light turned green we would jump through 2 gears and back on the brake for the next light. When I was 6 it wasn't the smartest thing with me in the car but, It was some of the best memories I have.

29. That IS rare...

no P/S in a C-body is rare too - but in an Imperial... VERY RARE

30. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

I am not sure what year it was. (65ish) But , my dad said he had a Chevy 1/2 pickup short bed with a 396, granny low 4 speed with the 3/4 ton axles with the 16" rims and tall tires. 4:11 gears, Posi trac. He said it would pin your head on the back window and smoke them in all 4 gears until you let off.