Register now to get rid of these ads!

Somebody shot my shop dog!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OHR281, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OHR281

OHR281

Ya, you read that right! Last night we get home from the 4 hour drive home from the Ft. Worth GoodGuys. Literally In the driveway when we pull in is my shop dog, Axle, looking at us bleeding all over the damn place. My wife is a veterinary technician and looks at it not sure if the holes in his legs are bite holes from a dog fight or what. Upon further looking we realized they were bullet holes. Probably a 22. His rear leg has two holes through and through. a front leg looks like it got grazed.
    The bleeding stopped and my wife gave him some medicine, and we decided to wait til this morning and she would take him to work with her then. THe wounds did not look bad enough to constitute taking him to the emergency vet. (they are damn expensive too)
    She called me this morning after they did the xrays and the leg that got shot shatered a couple bones but will not need surgery. And then they found another bullet in his ass! it fractured his hip. as long as he stays calm for about 4 weeks then he will hopefully heal up without surgery.
    I am a dog lover, and my shop dogs are super nice and don't hurt anyone, especially Axle. they do have a habit of playing in neighboring property with other dogs though. We are sort of out in the country with rednecks in a couple of directions. And one new neighbor that is known for shooting dogs. He is the one we think did it. Funny thing is he has a Lab that come over through our gated property and barks at us.

2. MBL

MBL

Sounds like you need to introduce the new neighbor to your sack full of door knobs.
    Tim
    MBL

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Dude. I'm sorry to hear that. When it comes to dogs I have a soft spot. I can't imagine what type of souless piece of shit could do that, they deserve to be shot back. I hope the little fella is allright. God bless.

4. guiseart

guiseart

Man, that sucks... want me to send my cat over?
    [​IMG]
    Seriously, hope your pal gets well man.

5. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

man sorry about your dog!!!!! Both my husband and i are great animal lovers and i have worked in a veterinarians office for 12 years. Someone that does that to an animal is a sick individual. I vote for the knobs in a sack. Hope that he will be alright.

6. GrantH

GrantH

I don't know what I would do if I found Cali shot, (my boston terrier) or hurt at all. Dogs are amazing animals, it sucks when stupid people get ahold of them (your neighbor, not you!). I would call the animal control people about his black lab acting with "agreesive behavior". Also, contact the authorities about possibly searching his home for a small rifle. Shooting a dog usually isn't much less than beating a person. If not worse. I would definitely look into "the law".

7. tjm73

tjm73

God damit that pisses me off. Hope the dog is doing ok and gets better fast.

If you have a good idea who did it, call the cops. My conversation to the cops would be you take care of it, because next time I take care of it...permanently.

Animal cruelty laws are often more strict than people on people laws. Get the county or state humain society (often part of the municpality law system) involved. They would love to punish the piece of shit. And I like the animal control complaint over "aggressive behavior". Get video then complain. But don't bait the dog into coming and barking at you on your own property.

Or maybe you can get lucky and the guy will come on to you property in the dark and you can "accidentally" shoot him while protecting your property.

8. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Only a coward would do something like that.
    People that hurt any animal are the lowest for of scum.
    I won't post here how I would react if that were to happen to me and my critters...

9. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Fuckin' guns are for pussies. That's messed up.

10. Nailhead

Nailhead

Nah, phone book. Won't leave any marks... er...evidence. Hint : use the Yellow Pages... Sorry to hear about your pooch. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Todd

11. I am an animal lover as well. This pisses me off beyond belief.
    Find out for sure, who did it, beyond a shadow of a doubt, PM me, and tell me when you're going to be gone again.
    There's a special place in Hell for animal abusers.
    By all means, do what you can, to find out who it was, and try to get the problem taken care of legally. If that fails,

12. 22rdstrguy

22rdstrguy

Sounds like you should bring over some "Lab Stew" to the Old Rednecks house as a peace offering!
    But seriously hope your pup is going to be O.K.
    Kim

13. if you have a bullet and heard the dude shoots guns - I'd say the cops have enough to check for the gun that shot that bullet. If he is crazy enough to shoot a dog - who knows what else he'll shoot at

what an asshole.

14. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

You can spit on me, mess with my kids, flirt with my wife........... but do not ever and I mean ever......FUCK WITH MY DOG!!!!!!..........I hope your friend gets well....sorry to hear about it.

15. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

I support killing the fucker that shot your dog. Animal abuse is about the worst form of crime imaginable in my oppinion. Best wishes for Axle's speedy recovery.

16. Dude, I don't even like animals and I think that's horrific. Want me to get all Beantown Mafia on his ass??

17. GrantH

GrantH

Axle is a bad ass name by the way haha. What kind of pup is he? Sounds like a sheapard or lab name?

18. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Hope your dog recovers and your neighbor gets hit by a bus, greyhound bus!

19. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

I hope that bastard gets some street justice exercised on his ass!!! Best wishes to you and the pup. By the way, my shop dog is also named Axle! He is a great dane and takes up as much room as the car!!!!

20. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Oh my...................

I can't imagine what I'd do. It would probably result in me being in jail though. Shooting my dog would send me over the edge.

Hope Axle's OK.

21. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

Man I don't know what I would do if some one shot my dog, luckily where I live in the county we all have dogs and they play together so we all end up feeding each others dogs alot!!

22. 55project

55project
    from Phila. Pa.

I would make sure his dog wouldn't return home one day,, only because he is coming to your house barking at you on your property..

You could always take it to a local taxidermist and send it back over as a head mount..:rolleyes:

Hope Axle is doing better.:)

23. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

should we all assemble for a "hamb meet and beat" session at the fucker's house!!!!!!! If so im in

24. Fytclub

Fytclub

Thats f'd up, I hope whoever shot your dog dies painfully and slow.

25. last g-man

last g-man

Texas law mandates sever fines/jail time fir this shit -CAUSE THE ASS HOLES DESERVE IT! follow up if ya have the evidence before the fucker shows up drunk shootin' at you.

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Damn that's jacked up! I hope you find the ass who did it. Since I was a kid, I've always had a dog. Man, reading this chaps my ass! You REALLY need to find the asswipe who did it. There's a special place in hell for people who screw with animals.

27. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

My suggestion would be find the bastard, bind him in some duct tape, wrap him in some barbed wire and roll him down a hill. Only thing I can't settle on is whether the wire should be tighlty or loosely wrapped. Then let the neighborhood dogs great him at the bottom of the hill.

28. BinderRod

BinderRod

If you find out your neighbor shot your dog BEAT the living shit out of him. There is no excuse for anyone to shoot an animal unless it is in attack mode. I love my dogs and kinda like my cats.

29. 32chevysedan

32chevysedan
    from Texas

Dude, thats very shitty of who ever did that. We would have a very big problem when I found out who was responsible.....

30. Roothawg

Roothawg

I think I'd change his name to Lucky......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.