Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration THURS/FRIDAY Early Art Deal....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chazzin

chazzin
    from butler,ga

man the stuff is looking good everyone, heres some stuff from me
    the bike was built by little jay at groundfloor customs in dothan,al (www.groundfloorcustoms.com)
    adn the doors and stuff are also in dothan at ken's pro colors

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cecce

cecce
    from Sweden

Very cool stuff as usual. Love the bikes Robin B, and the doors chazzin, fun to see the ideas used in another "medium" than usual.

These are a pair of posters that I had printed some time ago. Pictures doesnt do them justice as they are printed in black on top of a basecoat in silver or copper metallic respectively. Not very shiny, just enough to tickle the senses. Theres some scratches in the glass that are visible in the pics. Couldnt get the pics without the scratches.
    Hope you’ll like 'em.

Attached Files:

3. TBonez

TBonez

kool........gotta start some where. I'll post some of my first stuff 'n we can really laugh. Check out the great tutorials on Sketchkult's stripers page. Any questions PM me 'n Ill try ta help.

4. misfit36

misfit36
    from new york

here is my first contribution to the art show. it was done for a recent retiree from my firehouse. its hard to see the coors cans draggin'.
    [​IMG]

5. misfit36

misfit36
    from new york

this place is such a great place to learn not only wrenchin but also art. gotta love it.
    tingler-im really diggin those monsters. halloween is my favorite holiday so im super excited about the halloween show. great job everyone

6. zombie

zombie

jeff, cool stuff as always. jigger, i love those wagons. chazzin, i think that is one of the coolest tanks ive ever seen. polock, this is one of my favorites from you. dutch courage, way cool. great work from everyone as usual. here is a new one for oz. he's building a 63 bird for cow palace. it should be parked with our r&k buick at the show.

zombie
    [​IMG]

7. rollie

rollie

.....the rumour is true, I do have a wooden head... got it at an antique store for $10. then striped it up ...the eyes are cut out of a magazine

Attached Files:

8. 53burb

53burb

Zombie. Amazing as always. Better than a photo. KNUX!

9. customcory

customcory

You are absoulutely correct. I didn't see it until you told me! I been looking at pics of those motors and my mind was telling me four pipes so .....eh.... kids, don't do drugs when you are drawing hot rods , all right? This one goes in the blooper file.Back to the drawing board.:eek:

10. zombie

zombie

cory, i forgot to mention your cool ass design this week too. im really like'n the color.

zombie

11. Bullington

Bullington
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

No no that drawing is bad ass! I just lust over my Cadillac flatheads. One is going in my Tudor as we type.

12. How many guys have actually run the pipes out of the top end like that anyway? I think I've seen a couple vintage examples but I'm not 100% on that.

Zombie, is that the Maltese T'bird or what? I really dig the side spears and subtle scallops. Did the owner graduate from 'Darts'-mouth??

Got a couple more for this week. The fist one is an example of a first draft sketch. I'll goe over this one in graphite for the next step then either call it quits or go on to recomp it large then color it or scan it and color in photoshop; (The true cowboy Cadillac?)

[​IMG]

This next on that got lost in the shuffle. Inspired by an early morning dream, this '53 Crestline Vicky has recieved a mild chop and simplified stainless side trim to compliment the floating grill. The front bumper is th cars middle grille section. The roof would be polished/buffed stainless with some kind of satin clear sealer on it.
    Blah, Blah, Blah,...

[​IMG]

13. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

This one was a problem child, as it, as usual gave me a hard time. It started out as a whole different set of colors. Just got done with it this afternoon.

Tingler love the shrunken head.
    I have been wanting to get something like that on my horn button for my truck.

To all... you never cease to amaze me with what comes out in the art show.
    You cant tell really in this picture but there is a layer of old car magazine pictures and ads fromthe 50's barely peeking through the yellow.
    [​IMG]
    20"X28" Acrylic
    B Ramirez

14. Bullington

Bullington
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Cadillac Flatheads ran 3 exhaust ports on each side out of the top..I have a few in the shop as we type... I will take some pics and ad it to the art post here in a bit

15. rollie

rollie

...........some late model striping

Attached Files:

• CP4.JPG
      CP4.JPG
      File size:
      44.4 KB
      Views:
    • CP5.JPG
      CP5.JPG
      File size:
      56.7 KB
      Views:
    • CP6.JPG
      CP6.JPG
      File size:
      73 KB
      Views:
  16. rollie

rollie

...a 36 roadster I striped, a 37 cabriolet I striped, a Chev truck I striped & lettered , and a neat old custom the same guy owns I thought you'd all like to see

Attached Files:

• AW1.JPG
      AW1.JPG
      File size:
      79.4 KB
      Views:
    • AW3.JPG
      AW3.JPG
      File size:
      68.4 KB
      Views:
    • AW5.JPG
      AW5.JPG
      File size:
      104.7 KB
      Views:
    • AW4.JPG
      AW4.JPG
      File size:
      67.6 KB
      Views:
  17. customcory

customcory

Good start Mr. Norwell!
    Awesome pinstriping TBonez, chazzin! GaryC. , loookin good as usual, thanks for the kind words. Flyingpolock, thanks man. Jigger...Mark, thats some neat stuff, you have been busy!Thanks.Zombie, I learned a little bit from you on my latest , on the pavement shading, but your style rules. I like how you do the tire sidewalls too. Bullsac... having 4 pipes on the caddy motor for me was like drawing 56 chevy side chrome on a 57 chevy, its so obvious after your done. This was like not seeing the forest for the trees, or pipes in this case. I'll get over eventually!:D

18. HIDDEN

HIDDEN

Another new piece from me this week. Wow, thats two weeks in a row.

[​IMG]

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

My jaw always is on the floor every time ZOMBIE puts something on here. Nobody has anything that looks like yours man. You really have your own thing going on. Really nice work everyone.

20. Thanks, now that you mention it, it was a Caddy flatty in The Birth of Hot Rodding where I saw this. I'm, obviously, not much of a motor head to make such an obvious DUH!

21. WAY COOL,Coby...

22. zombie

zombie

thanks knux, and jeffrey. i really appreciate the compliments. coby, are you gonna have these for sale at the hotrod reunion? im gonna need one. wheres thats damn carartnick? i havent seen him for the last few weeks.

zombie

23. Congested

Congested

Jeff Norwell, paging Jeff Norwell,

Another awsome art display, except, once again, I scroll through and hope to see mine, and again, it isnt there.............

ITS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that's taken longer is the guy building my '32 frame.
    Anyone have experience with Gordini's Garage?

Congested

24. VOETOM

VOETOM
    from MO

Jigger, I recognize that wagon!
    This is for our friend in Texas, Zumo. Do you recognize this logo which now adorns the shop?
    Ryzart, Horse head goes on shirts soon. Check out color!
    Tom

Attached Files:

25. RYZART

RYZART
    from NJ

Polock, Norwell, Sinclair, Hidden, Zombie, Chazzin WOW !!!! Awesome stuff !!!! All you guys rock !!! Some striping and silver leafing on some Harley saddlebags and 2 illustrations. Thanx for looking.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. RYZART

RYZART
    from NJ

27. VOETOM

VOETOM
    from MO

Ryzart, here is what the official logo will look like! We are really excited to see it on the shirts. the smaller embroidered one will be slightly less detailed.
    Hamb has gotten us wife drawings, shirt logos, shop signs, and soon, Robotics Team logo! What a site this is!
    Tom

Attached Files:

28. duffman

duffman

Jigger, I think anyone who has spent any time playing with Pontiacs recognise that wagon, unless I'm way wrong the owners name is Jim and VOETOM would that be...his son Tom? (VOE as in vacuum operated exhaust) By far two of the nicest people I've had the opprotunity to meet in this Hobby.
    duffman

29. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

Here's a quick acrylic on cardboard I did of Pete Flaven's coupe after going to the Alter Boys show in Worcester, Mass a couple weeks ago. Would've posted it last week, but busy painting.

Jonny

Attached Files:

30. You are correct, sir. It shall become more clear when done in color., Tom I'll repost that picture of your li'l Mrs.

[​IMG]

...and you can have one too if....... the price is right!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.