Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early Wheel Co

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jusjunk, Jul 16, 2006.

1. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

If i remember right this came up a while ago on wheel mfgs but i couldnt find the post. Im thinking about changing wheels on my 32 to smoothies with caps and rings and i need a special offset for the rear and i see that early wheel will make em for me. Anyone have any good or bad things to say about these guys ?
    TIA
    Dave

2. Glen

Glen

I have ordered 4 sets from them thru the years. They have great customer service. I ordered a set for a car and he stated my measurements sounded off. He offered to send the wheels to me with his backspacing, if they were wrong he would pay the shipping back. He was right the spacing was perfect, my measurement was wrong.

3. Kurt

Kurt

I've bought a couple sets the last couple years and been very happy with them. I'm even getting ready to place another order here soon from them.

4. ~E~

~E~

I have dealt with him before- great guy- good prices- good quality.

5. extremist

extremist

Nothing but good.
    I believe he is semi-retired now and has limited his hours to a couple of days a week.

6. tisdelski

tisdelski

hi guys,

i bought a set from pete a while back and his service could not have been better.

one thing to remember is that his caps fit his wheels, if you have ford caps you`ll have to weld on a set of his adapters, also the wheels look just fine, but.. they aren`t exact copies of a ford wheel and it is a noticible difference if you are going to try to look like a ford wheel.

gary

7. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

40 K on a set of early solids,balanced good,no problem here ! Great guy to deal with,any back space you need.

8. evltwin

evltwin
    from Milford MI

I bought a set from Early Wheel Company and had no problems. I needed custom offsets and revervesed rear wheels.

I plan on selling the set on here as soon as I can get a picture.

9. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

Hey everyone! He is a very good freind of mine and he lives right down the road from me, He is the only honest wheel guy around, when you order they will be guerenteed shipped out the next day! If you are up this way at any time, please call to see his collection and have a chat with him, His name is pete vanaderstein and he is an old time hotrodder so he will help you out with anything you need! just my input! JG

tell him Jordan Graham told you about him and he might give you a deal!

10. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

11. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Had good luck with him as well. Wish he did 16 inch!

12. jdubbya

jdubbya

Great guy to deal with. I recently saw that he is semi-retired, and is only taking orders on mondays and tuesdays, but will have every order for the week shipped by wednesday.

13. stea

stea

Bought mine a couple weeks ago, ordered monday and received them friday.

A little tough to get ahold of now but keep trying, its definately worth it.

14. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I decided to bring this back up... I recently bought Early Wheel Company from Pete.. He wanted to retire and play with his collection of 32's... I am running the wheel business out of my hot rod shop.. Same wheels, turn around time and quality.. I also do 16's now and am open 5 days a week from 8am- 5pm pacific.....Sounds like a hair club commercial but.... I use to buy all my steel wheels from him....then I bought the company.... Jason.
    www.earlywheel.com
    805-772-7997 wheel phone

15. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Jason,
    I lost count of how many wheels I bought from Pete over the years. I always had nothing but the best customer service and perfect quality on every wheel, although some times I found myself BS'ing with Pete a little (lot) longer than I should have at work. haha
    Taking over that business from Pete you've got a tough a act to follow, but give it hell and keep that service going strong.
    Good luck with your new business.
    Keith

16. phat rat

phat rat

Well everyone deserves to retire at some point. I hope you do the business justice as he certainly put out an excellent product and service. I've got a pair of his chromes on the rear of the cpe that have over 60,000 on the and they still look nice

17. I'm pretty sure most of the aftermarket steel wheel outfits use the same center for their 10 lug hole wheels.
    (4 1/2" and 4 3/4" shown in the pic, not sure if they come in other combo's.)

They don't fit standard Ford hubcaps.
    You'll have to run a re-pro cap.
    Said cap perhaps best bought from the wheel outfit so you're sure of the fit.
    Nice part is, the re-pro caps come in most, if not all of the 48 & down style Ford caps.
    They have a smooth cap as well.
    The set I have on the 31 are nice quality.

Fwiw, the very nice Drake re-pro caps fit Ford wheels, but not the 10 lug hole wheels.
    Been there, tried that.

I'm wondering if the 49-50 Ford style stainless beauty rings will fit the 10 lug wheels?

Some folks don't like the 10 lughole wheels, but they're working great for my Chevy pattern front (Camaro discs) and Ford rear pattern nine inch.

Anyone have a single 10 lugger they'd like to swap for something?
    Due to my brilliant engineering skills - ok, I lucked out - I have room in the 31's trunk for a spare tire which I plan to carry.

About a 3" backspace and 5" - 6" wide in 15" would be nice, but the same basic measurements in a 14" wheel would work.

Attached Files:

18. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

C9, I have several wheels sitting around that you could use...customers mis-measure and such but I still try to make them happy and let them return sometimes depending on the situation....

druss32, I have already been talking to Ryan and am in the process os paperwork to be an Alliance vendor... I do already give guys a 10% discount when they mention the HAMB.... Jason..

c9, our parts all come from the same places...Some companies have spent lots of money on their own tooling to have some style centers stamped only for them... I own hubcap tooling to build my own stainless caps made from heavy gauge stainless then they get polished.. All this is done in California, not overseas..The quality is much better...

Jason....

www.earlywheel.com
    805-772-7997