Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else building old dodge/plymouth other mopars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayfarer, Nov 6, 2003.

1. The_Monster

The_Monster

A 42 Dodge business coupe?
    [​IMG]

Sweet lookin wagon back there! whats the story on that?

2. skooch

skooch

I also have a 42 plymouth. I thought it was a business coupe cause it has no backseat but it's a 5 window. I'm told they're pretty rare because of ww2.
    Makes a bitchin taildragger!

3. jaco

jaco

Hey 2bottle. Here's a couple more pics of the 30 per request.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

It's a 58 Rambler Cross Country wagon with factory air,tinted windows,ps,pb,and even a trailer towing kit. The original 194 inline 6 with the optinoal 2brl carb has been machine shop rebuilt,and has about 300 miles on it. It has 3 on the tree with overdrive.

It needs a luggage rack,a little bodywork,paint,and a new owner. Rides and drives good,or did back when I had license plates on it.

Interested? PM me with your email address and I can send you some photos of it.

5. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

That's a pretty cool looking shorty.

6. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

Has nothing to do with WW-2 Your Plymouth IS a business coupe. Plymouth business coupes were always 5-window coupes until the 1949-50 models came out. The Dodge,DeSoto,and Chrysler business coupes were always 3 window coupes.

BTW,if you compare the profiles closely,you will notice your Plymouth 5 window business coupe has a different roofline than the 5 window club coupes (Club Coupes were the ones with back seats). The back glasses and rubber are even different.

7. skooch

skooch

Thanx for the info, I meant that 1942 cars in general were rare because of the war. As for the roofline.... it's all chopped up now!

8. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Here is a mercifully un-detailed shot of my '57 DeSoto Firedome 2dr HT project and my never finished '57 Plymouth 2dr wagon.

My dad is kinda like a Mopar - he's old and sort of rust colored. :D

[​IMG]

9. Ledfut

Ledfut

Here's mine. Just finished it last fall.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      44.8 KB
      Views:
    EVL401 likes this.
  10. bzt

bzt
    from venice fl

some bitchin rides in this thread, ive got a soft spot for the underdog of the car industry that is mopar.

i dont have any pictures yet but i cruise around town every day(because its my only car) in a 54 dodge coronet 4dr with stock ride height, took the side trim off and leaded in the holes, almost stock rebuilt 53 241 hemi with three deuces and stock cam, original 2spd auto that i rebuilt, stock breaks. and im very surprized at how well it handles i can stop much better than i thought old cars ever did, ive avoided a few senior citizens pulling out when they shouldnt have. and on top of it all my 13 gal fuel tank lasts about two weeks. im stoked and i love my car.

11. autoartistry

autoartistry

Here's my 49 Dodge Coronet I built last summer.Sure wish I would not have sold it..
    Mike

Attached Files:

12. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

We only have two women in our club, Silhouettes Kustoms and Hot Rods, and both of them are building MOPARS.
    Doreen drives a '50 Plymouth Wagon that is all Plymouth from the 318 to the custom seats.
    Then we have Sarah"Cherry Baby" and she drives a '53 Dodge more door.
    I think she said it is sitting on a late model Lincoln frame running a 318.
    Her and her boyfriend pulled it out of a field in Idaho after the farmer said she could have it.
    I'll attach some pictures of them and fellow Silhouettes member Jamo's '29 Dodge.
    Then a picture of an old '47 Dodge Sedan.... sharp!

Attached Files:

13. mrbob

mrbob

I have a 1926 dodge brothers 4 door on a 32 chevy frame. My friends said the body won't fit on the frame. hahha to me to go glass an I said if it any steel it aint real. They are mad at me. boo hoo. I have a 350 eng with a 350 tranny and a 87 TA posi rear end. This project is for sale today 11-13-08 I have more pic if interested.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  14. Yankeyspeed

Yankeyspeed

I just got my 40 Plymouth with a SBC and 2X4s running again. The linkage is screwy. Man it sounds sweet :D

15. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

I HOPE THIS IS OLD ENOUGH....:rolleyes: THIS IS MY '36 CHRYSLER

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

52RAM108 likes this.
  16. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

I own a 32 Plymouth p.b. coupe. (17 years )

17. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

Pleeeeease put up a pic. One of the coolest looking cars EVER. Ford guy don't get mad, but I like them alot better that a 32 Ford. I think I have 2 doors for a 32PB.

18. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

Flatheaded,you better take another look ! I don't think they ever made a 32 Plymouth 5 window, The first half of 32's looked like 31's they had a flat grill shell,oval rear window,second half of 32 rounded grill shell square rear window.

19. 29essex

29essex

They did make a 32 5 window coupe. They were bodies made and designed for the 33 year but some were sold early in 32. They were the 33 body but had 32 front sheet metal. We used one back in the '60s for a race car.

20. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

Which is the only really important thing.

21. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

Damn,that ought to work out great! Good power and decent gas mileage at the same time.

22. curtiswyant

curtiswyant

I know! My '49 Coronet with the stock flathead is the quietest vehicle I own! :D

23. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

The first car I ever bought with my own money was a 38 Chrysler Royal. I was 14,and paid 20 bucks for it with a title. Had a couple of stuck valves and I got a older cousin to help me pull the head and unstick them. Once we did that it ran so quiet you could see the fan turn and not hear it run.

24. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

Chrysler also had a 33 Plymouth coupe body on a 1932 6 cylinder chassis in late 32. I can't remember what letter Chrysler used to designate this series in 1932,but as far as I can find it it was only the 3 cylinder cars.

25. 1934dodge

1934dodge

I have 2 mopars a 1958 plymouth savoy 4dr with a 354 hemi, and a 1934 dodge truck! I love all cars but mopar is my favorite!

Attached Files:

• ply1.JPG
      ply1.JPG
      File size:
      115.8 KB
      Views:
    • new2.JPG
      new2.JPG
      File size:
      92.4 KB
      Views:
    • h22.JPG
      h22.JPG
      File size:
      71 KB
      Views:
  26. FredK

FredK
    Member Emeritus

I got a few :D

Attached Files:

27. terrafirma66

terrafirma66
    from tampa fla

just doing the tear down on a 47 one ton duallie....resto no chop chop the next one though will look like this but have the usual front clip and the like done to it.. bed is off now so the rear raised about three inches from that merciful act..better profile to it now I say..[​IMG]

52RAM108 likes this.
  28. terrafirma66

terrafirma66
    from tampa fla

say what is the paint code on that or is it custom?