Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost Wages

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dads-53, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Dads-53

Dads-53

My wife's taken us to a wedding ( not ours, that was 42 years ago) in LosVagas July 6th,7th 8th and 9th. Whats to do car related not wedding or gambling.
    Dad

2. squirrel

squirrel

I get to go to a wedding there at the end of july, my plan is to visit a friend. vegas sucks if you don't know anyone there.

3. synthsis

synthsis

you'd be surpsised how much there is to do out there if you don't want to gamble. a million different shows to see, buffets, etc. I was highly disappointed with Fremont St(aka- Old Vegas).

4. fuzzface

fuzzface

car museum at Imperial Palace.

5. DO NOT PAY TO GO IN!!!! Find a free ticket at the front desk. I go a few times while I'm out there for the weekend. I kind like to just people watch. I find a good cup of coffee, an out of the way place to stand and watch the goofys go by.

6. Go to Shelby's out at the racetrack. He has quite a collection. They run a driving school out there, too. Fun to listen to the circle-burners. Don't know if the salvage yards are still out by Nellis AFB, used to be lots of stuff out there, and you can watch the military flying hot rods do touch-and-go's.
    Go to Liberace's museum and check out his cars and costumes. Good for a grin!

Dan

7. Dads-53

Dads-53

Thanks guys. Will have a car so may just spend one day getting lost. it surely won't be hot there in July will it?
    Thanks again
    Dad

8. AS far as Fremont is concerned, the Prime Rib in the Fog City Diner at the Golden Gate Hotel is a good deal. Like someone said, find a coupon for the Imperial Palace Collection, they have a few custom bodied cars and Chrysler concepts in there, but bring a decent flash, the lighting sucks.

9. Dirk35

Dirk35

There is other stuff to do in Vegas beside get hammered and gamble? Im going to have to call BS on this one! I were there for a week, three years in a row........ never seen anything but cards, slots, liqour, and naked women. Good times!

Oh, if your going to hit a buffet, I suggest the Spice Market Buffet in the Aladin! Best Buffet I ever ate at! Second best was in the Paris.

10. pitman

pitman

Went there recently, and I enjoyed seeing the SoCal Rod shop, which was on West Desert Road, (I think) out beyond the Palms hotel. If you do go, walk out back and check out the three other shops doing custom work too.
    The collection at the Imperial palace is worthwhile. You can get a view easily of the mid strip from up in the bar of the Eiffel Tower, cost of a beverage. The Space Needle trip was a disappointment, it depends upon how much "promotion, interegation style surveys, and additonal charges you are willing to put up with!" In the same area w/SoCal was one of the finest Italian restaurants we have ever been to. The shows are likely to be good, but being on a budget we tried to do low-cost things and did enjoy seeing the place.

11. upzndownz

upzndownz

i always liked going out to the hoover dam and takin the tour if you're into modern marvels and awesome horsepower