Register now to get rid of these ads!

San Antonio HAMBERS: Cruisin scene sucks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Saoutlaws_Gotti, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

man what the hell is the deal here in San Antonio the cruisin scene sucks

went out to Biff's on Topperwien (sp) this past friday and it looked like a new car dealer ship with a couple far and few between Rods

whats the deal here guys where is everyone cruising ?

Like ive said numerous times before im more than willing to help get something started.... i can not beleive with all the cars and clubs here no one is stepping up to the plate to help out with this

Yeah Kingpins, Los Shifters, Push Rods, Barrons, Gear Grinders and all the others out there im callin you guys out lets get together and find a cool ass cruise spot and promote the hell outta it and get something where everyone can get together and have a good time as well as something we can ALL be proud of

C'mon guys get at me guys lets do something

2. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Cruising was banned a few years ago!!!

-Jason

3. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

the fact that gas is 15 freakin bucks a gallon probably ain't helping.

The Barons typically show up for these types of events...when they're not busy building thier cars, that is...

Austin's Little cruises" seem to be coming together nicely. The Dog and Duck thing continues to grow, and the Saturday Morning deal at the Barber shop was cool, too. but it's never what you hope for, either. Patience, Mains...it'll get there, you just have to remain consistent.

4. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

BARONS, one "N"...
    I don't like cruising, I really don't wanna be surrounded by a bunch of streetrods.. Plus we as a club with the Kingpins have our own "goings on"...
    If you fell like it sucks, well then you do something about it, we thought all the San Antonio car shows sucked, so instead of bitchin' we threw our own show. Isn't first friday good enough????? It is for me....
    Like Arlo says there's plenty of things, just means you have to drive, we drive to Austin when we can, ask Arlo we break down all the time...

5. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Oh and my opinions are mine solely, not the Clubs...

6. Gman0046

Gman0046

Same problem in Louisville, KY. Went to a supposed cruise Saturday night which consisted of sixty year old plus Gold Chainers and their overweight old ladies sitting alongside their new Corvette's as if they just finished building them. It's not just Corvettes its PT Cruisers and Tuners. Louisville must be devoid of HAMBer's, as I can't remember ever seeing any posts from the area.

It used to take you 2 hours and a tank of gas to make a cruise circuit....J.Milner. Now a cruise in Louisville, KY is in a Home Depot parking lot listening to 50's music.

I don't believe Street Racing even exists in Louisville.

7. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

all opinions expressed here are the opinions of Chucklehead al, and Not the Barons C.C, however, should these opinions be in favor of hot chicks wrestling in Maple Syrup, Vegetable Oil, or ...anything, his opinions will be those of the Club. and Furthermore, should those opinions be in favor of Hot Guys wrestling in any of the above mentioned fluids, Chucklehead al will be Buried next to the last guy that came up with that goofy shit behind Christians shop.
    addendum. Due to the increasing number of complaints, if Chucklehead Al says it, he pretty much speaks for the Club, unless it's some screwy shit about U.F.O.'s and Anal Probing again, in which case, he's kinda out there on his own. Black Helicopters, however we will agree with, because we've seen those thing, maaaan. They're out there...swoopin around...Addendum to the last addendum...Lux Blue is not (nor will he ever be) A Baron, because he's a big creepy fucker and he avoids San Antonio like the plague, Except to come down and see the Barons. The opinions of Lux Blue are his own and in no way related to the Barons C.C., other than he occasionally works on thier broke down stuff when they are going to or from any one of the numerous Car related events they attend annually.Which is a bunch, so many in fact that once they figured out there was an "open month" in the daed nuts middle of summer, they planned thier own freakin event. and they make you drive to it, drive around, then drive home. it's a car thing, Dig?
    The opinions of Lux Blue are the opinions of Crushproof L.L.C, 'cause he owns that craphole, and doesn't care what anybody thinks, The Barons are alright. and they smell pretty good too, for a bunch of Essay's from the S.A., which is a pleasant departure from the norm.
    (Cause the Great White Cracker known as H.R.H. can get pretty Rank from time to time, Dig?..don't let him bother your Cape Sleeve. but it may have been me.) and to finish it up with a pretty Bow,
    Quitcherbichen, and do somethin' about it.

8. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Don't some of the rodders go to one of the Pig Stands every Friday night anymore?
    San Antonio, like all military towns, has always been a hotbed of old car activity going all the way back into the 40s!
    Fayetteville, NC, same thing. (Wonder who got the Packard Darrin Roadster under the tarp at the body shop off Old Bragg Road?)
    Columbus, GA, same thing. (Wonder who got the Zephyr Coupe with the multiple coats of housepaint poured over it as a preservative which was on blocks down by the river?)

9. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Spurs Fever.

10. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

I thought the crusin scene in SA was the Bun and Barrel on the old Austin Hwy, on NE side of SA? It was about fifteen years ago when I lived there. Thanks to the SA clubs who came down to CC for the Memorial Day Fun Run. It's always good to see ya'll representin'.

11. johnny boracho

johnny boracho

we like doing our own thing because "rods" with power windows, tilt steering & goofy tires just aren't cool.... we drive our cars on a daily basis and getting all bent out of shape about no one "cruising to the hop" just seems pointless. So i dont see what the big deal is all about......and Arlo smells pretty good too!!!

12. smith32

smith32
    BANNED

sounds to me like ol Gotti has the good idea

*****Hope No One Get Offended By This But If The Shoe Fits You Gotta Wear It *******
    what the fuck does it matter if there are street rods, lowriders, kustoms or even you rat rodder guys

this just sounds to me like a bunch of Typical HAMB p***Y political BS.... my traditional rod is better in my stupid opinion then the ol guys street rod

if it wasnt for us ol guys (Been Driving a '32 since '52 ), you youngstas wouldnt even know what the hell rods were all about
    so dont go dissing the guys who started it all just cause we have moved on to bigger and better (safety and comfort) ways

San Antonio does indeed need a good cruise spot and one person can not do it alone, but Gotti boy you got our help/support and you know exactely who WE are.......

13. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I have NEVER heard anyone say thier Traditional Car was better than anyone elses Street rod, only that they are DATED, just like 70's street freaks, or Boogie Vans.

Personally, I like CARS. there is something to learn on every one built, be it a good thing, or a bad one, the experience is there. Street rodders did a very good job of building some very cool stuff...but sometimes, this stuff needs to grow.

as far as "politics" or whatever is concerned, it pretty much says what this place is all about on the first page.

"Spreading the gospel of TRADITIONAL Rods and Kustoms to the world"

not very political if you ask me.

14. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

your deep lux? I like it. thanks for the tour of the crap hole ! saterday.Casey.

15. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

It was cool seeing you Casey!
    I actually managed to get that entire dash built, painted, and installed!

it looks like well...a race car dashboard. boring, with alot of guages.

you missed the good times when I tried to take a pinky off with a scotch-brite disc. ha! my pinky nail is buffed smooooth.

16. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

it would come off a lot faster with 36 grit ! hahah. can I call you mister smooooth pinky?

17. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

It's makin it hard to pick my nose...the boogers won't stick to it!:D

18. 55 on bags

55 on bags

i say san antonio and austin should have a once a month cruise to san marcos i think that will be cool what yall SA and ATX think find a good spot in san marcos and lets do it

19. steel_rod

steel_rod

pretty good idea that way luling lockhart and all the small towns that have hambers can get together pretty good idea for a dumb ass 55 on bags

20. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

San Marcos? Hmm...lemme ask my boss. He ain't a car guy, but we're on I-35N and our parking lot is decent sized. I also got a buddy down the street whos a hot rodder and a SMPD, maybe he knows of some place. I only make it to SA once a week and it's during the week after work. I remember hanging out at Alamo dragway for test-n-tune and also Perrin-Beitel on weekends, but that was like 15 years ago. Pig Stand, Bun & Barrell, etc were always fun.

21. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

The heck with standin around a parking lot. Let's meet up in Marion and run 'em.

Do they have test and tune nights on Friday or Saturday?

22. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I think the law profession is missing out-that some regular Daniel Webster shit there!:D

23. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I need to do this again for real, perferably not half way to Dallas...

24. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Amen.

-Jason

25. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

You missed the whole fucking point. Safety and comfort??? You need to read what I said, if your "SON", yeah I know that's your "SON" if he has a better idea than what is going on, then he should take into his own hands and create something. And if you don't like the "politics" of the HAMB then maybe it's not the place for you... Good for you that you have a 32 Ford and that you've been a street rodder since 52. Willie and Duece Roger both have a good thing going every first friday of the month. So be creative and come up with something instead of sitting on the sidelines. And you talk about moving on to bigger and better things, then why did you build a flat black rat-rod with radials and red wheels and try to fit in, if you've been doing it for years????
    Please do us all a favor keep the drama out of here? Gotti if you wanna do something just come up and tell us about you're idea don't call us out on this message board homie...

26. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

ok wait a sceond here

it sounds like the whole point of this post has been missed completely im not calling you out as in a bad way im calling you out in a per say cry for help, Willie And Roger DO Have a cool thing going on over at Acapulco every first friday. im just sayin it would be nice if there was something like that every friday and im telling you guys that i would be more than happy to HELP organize something but nobody seems to want to do anything...... But yet when they all get around in person its like damm i sure wish there was somewhere to go cruisin and hang out

hey alex and anyone else i may only be 30 but i been doing this hotrod thang along ass time now, shit im a 2nd generation roddder and i have no problem with organizing things but everyone here knows it is not something one person can do alone

My Dad use to throw a thing similar to Barrons Reliablity run, way back in the day (Willie can vouch for it) it was a huge success and every year the turn out was better than the last but the problems arose that no one wanted to help out but definately wanted to ask when the next one was ......
    calling you guys out is not in a bad way but a way of asking for help, hey you guys dont wanna help, thats cool no big deal there
    ive heard nothing but good things about the Barrons, "they are supportive, they show up to our stuff everytime" and so on and so forth, so i just figured if i asked real loud and clear you guys might have responded and we can all come together and get something rolling that we can ALL be proud of

I mean Fuck thats what i thought this whole board was for to unite and sped the so called Gospel

27. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

And what i think my pops was trying to stress to you guys that talk so much shit about the Street Roddders

is that you shouldnt react so harshly towards them, yeah i know there are alot of fat assholes out there that have more money than brains and pays people like me and my pops to build then very high class gold chain style rods

but then there are alot of them out there that do have these so called street rods that had/built/drove cars just like the ones we youngstas are playing around in today .....

My pops drove a candy apple green 32 3 window all thru high school that was severly chopped and channeled, fenderless, big and lil bias ply whites and so on and so forth.. and he has never had a vehicle that he didnt build.... My dads white 32 3 window that he currently owns has something like 100,000 miles on it since being built it has been all over the united states (and we are not talking about on the back of a trailer) to various shows

my lil truck was built by my father some 25 plus years ago for my mother to cruise, and here it is in 2007 still on the streets damm near exactely the way he built it
    yeah it has different tires, a different motor, disc brakes instead of spindle mounts but its still around and still just as dependable (i wouldnt hesiate to jump in it on the drop of a dime and head to paso and not even look back )

theres not to many guys out there that can say that, but i think the point was just because a guy drives a street rod with power windows and tilt he is some different breed or an asshole or whatever

and besides the guys that we are talking about with more money than brains dont even drive their cars out on friday night to begin with so i dont know why that even got brought up in the first place i despise these guys just as much as the next cause i sure as fuck didnt build my ride for it to sit in the garage and go to SHOWS and win a trophy (hell i drive my model a pickup as a daily every day of the week except for when it is raining severely and my dad drives his 32 pickup everyday of the week period) i built my shit to drive.

hell my sedan has only been on the street since feb and the very first place i went to in it (Roundup) i backed it out into a rain storm to go

i know lots of people who dicided not to go or didnt take their rod cause it was possibly gonna rain the next day(saturday), but not me i drove all the way there in pourin ass rain with no top and no windows

28. For one us "youngstas" are whats keeping hotrodding alive.
    Secondly you said "san antonio does indeed need a good cruise spot and one person cannot do it alone." Well I have to tell you your wrong! Last summer I started the Alcapulco drive inn first friday cruise deal. For the first friday cruise we only had 5 cars come out then next first friday 15 cars showed and so on. Look at it now. So one person can do it. All you have to do is stop talking go out there and put in work, and get the word out. That what I did.
    Third, and as For you bragging about "Been driving a 32 since 52" like if your the king of 32's, I speak for my father, hes been driving a 32's since the 50's also, but his all have been steal to this day.
    ***** I hope you dont get offended by this but if the shoe fits wear it.*****

29. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

WoooHooo!!!

My dad was a hippy. He drove a toyota land cruiser, it ruled. I called him and asked him what to do , and his exact response was...

"How the hell should I know? I'm not a hot rodder!"
    then he asked me if I could diagnose his new explorer over the phone. I told him it was the flux capacitor, and he asked me if they were expensive.

point being, who cares. I am proud that Hot Rodding exists, but it has also been known to skip a generation. aside from bitching about anyones version of "the scene", what are YOU personally doing to change it to more of your liking?
    it CAN be done by just 1 motivated person- ask Sciflyer72- he pulled the Dog and Duck thing out of his rear, and he's been a Rodder for precisely 15 minutes now. so, if a guy with heart and drive that is "green" as hell can pull it off in a town not known for it's rodding prowess, what is your excuse?
    Me? I go to the events, most everyone knows my shops doors are always open, and Saturday is "home builder" day where I do little more than fix my own broken stuff, and give pointers. it's my own little "park and hang" every saturday. I don't know, mabey I'm not as keen on standing in a parking lot as I should be, especially since every time I am actually there, I end up talking about africanized Bees, horse racing, and the color of pudding, but not much about cars. however, when I am anywhere else, cars it is.

I agree we should load up, go to seguine and do some racing.
    THAT'S traditional rodding, and about as much of the "scene" as I can really get into right now. as for the rest of it, I'm kinda burnt.
    I like shiny stuff, but I am sick of watching it sit still.

30. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

us youngstas are whats keeping this alive

and there aint no king of 32's its just there aint nothing better than a 32 except maybe a steel one..........lol

just sayin that not all the guys that have moved up from a rat rod/traditional rod (whatever todays new phrase for it is) to a nice luxurious street rod with all the amenities he aint some fat pompuss gold chain show rodding asshole that is gonna nit pick a ride to death and shouldnt be judged as one

anyways enough of the stupid argueing and childish bickering that this site is so know for ...... this was just a post asking for help from the local rodders and clubs to get a good weekly cruise spot goin.......if you wanna help or have suggestions then please step forth and say so .....