Register now to get rid of these ads!

35-36 Fords

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dooley, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Coupe de CAB, I can't make it to Paso this year. Maybe next year. I will be at So. Cal. open house on the 15th and then the Fathers day roadster show on Sat. There's quite the history on your 35 down here. The old owner, Joe, also had a 35 roadster with a cad. engine but I heard that it's sold as well. I was keeping track of your car with the people who had it, good to hear you picked it up. Mike

2. why does that one look familar ? was that down it la area from a pawn shop......i think i've seen it before (posted here).

3. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Thanks Mike:)
    yes, it's in good hands up here in Norcal and i'm taking care of the coupe very well! JIMA here on the Hamb gave me the lowdown on the '35 and also some other cars that Joe had once owned.

I may have to lower mine a bit ... ala (weemark) style, he's got a good way to bring it down some inches without cutting anything using (Riley Autos) mono-leaf set-up:) sounds like a good plan and it will make the stance look much better as it sits now.

[​IMG]

I also obtain some nice set of rear skirts i want to put on someday as they need some work done to them first.

sorry you can't make it to Paso this year. Hope to see your ride someday in person.

1oldtimer yup, that's the one!

Rusty Rod your 36 rocks, love the chop on it.

adventurer your coupe is lookin good, good luck on it, love to see it when it's completed.

best wishes,
    CAB

4. a little newer, kinda burned out for few months (went down to working on it maybe 1 day a week). started beating the grill into submission.

Attached Files:

5. Berky

Berky

I don't know how many inches have been removed, I got it like that. I think it was about 2 1/2 to 3". I will have to find out next time I see the previous owner.

Mike

6. Berky

Berky

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Mike,

The 36 is still running a flattie but I am going to pull it apart and go through it before I fire it up. I will probably be at the Village Idiots in my A once I get it on the road in the next few months.

7. adventurer

adventurer

Thanks for the interest. This is my first rod, even if I have been buying all rodding magazines since 1973.....when I was 15 years old.
    The 35 will be built in a traditional way, black, www tires, chrome reverse from Stockton, Hemi 354 from a boat, with 4 carbs and stock chromed valve covers, bench seat in black and white leather, four speed GM trans ( all hot rods are manual trans), no air ride, no pwer windows. My only trouble is that I bought a frame with indipendent front suspension, but have later changed my mind and would have prefered to have a dropped axle. At the beginning of the project, I wanted it equipped with a BB Chevy, auto trans and AR Torque Thust. Now it's Hemi power all the way.Best thing is that the IFS will be hidden by the fenders, and will have a better handling on our narrow and bad roads.
    As for now, I am installing all the suspension stuff on the frame, the engine is at the machine shop having new cylinder sleeves installed ( sea water is very bad for engines, was all rusted on the inside) .
    Everything is very slow as for every small missing piece I have to order from the States and wait for delivery etc. Will post some new pics as soon as it sits on its own wheels.

8. Rob, What's the story on this, is it running and where did you find it? Looks like a good prospect. Mike

9. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Great new posts! About the only thing I've done to mine in the past year besides drive the piss out of it, is new master cyl and all new brake lines after mine got smashed from one too many rumble seat rides, and a nice shiny chrome rear bumper with bumper guards that I put on this past weekend.

10. Chad, let's see it. I dig your car. Mike

11. uncle buck

uncle buck

Dooley , Here are a couple pics of my Briz supplied bumper brackets MVC-022S.JPG

MVC-023S.JPG

12. myke

myke
    from SoCal

13. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

A friend in Florida just bought this one....

Attached Files:

14. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Uncle Buck, Thanks.
    Great stuff guys.

15. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Thanks Mike

Here is a pick from the Power (Boat) Tour on monday...

[​IMG]

16. Chad, I have a 36 Ill. license plate laying around. I'll send it to the shop when I find it. Mike

17. Gabacho_LBC

Gabacho_LBC

Here is my cousins 35-36. Plan on sticking it in the hamb classified section sometime in the near future.

Attached Files:

• 35-36.jpg
      35-36.jpg
      File size:
      6 KB
      Views:
    • 35.jpg
      35.jpg
      File size:
      5.3 KB
      Views:
  18. Ya have any more pics.? Looks nice. Mike

19. Gabacho_LBC

Gabacho_LBC

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Here ya go!</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Attached Files:

20. Blitzmädl

Blitzmädl

Here´s mine ! ...cruising around in good ol´germany.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. 58Lincoln

58Lincoln

Here are some progress photos of my 36 3 window. This car will be a serious driver.

TCI chassis with mock-up small Ford and AODE trans., Rock Valley 20 gal. S/S gas tank with in-trunk filler and EFI fuel pump.

Putting the body on the new chassis.

Almost all the sheet metal back on.

I had to wack the stock firewall a bit. I have new Bitchin firewall and floors to install.

I got the front sheet metal to fit pretty good also a new Walker radiator with A/C condenser.

As it sits, waiting for the metal work.

Yesterday I picked up 3 really nice fenders that I bought from a guy in Missouri. Lucky to find them!

I'll post more photos after the metal guys go to work on it.

Attached Files:

22. Here's a pic of my '36. Right now it's outa' service while I build a 327 to go back in it. I wore the 350 out.

Attached Files:

23. Sanders

Sanders

24. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Here's ours. Not done yet and already I'm changing wheels and tires! Just ordered Gennie wheels and wide whites.

Attached Files:

25. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

26. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

OOPS! mine again

Attached Files:

27. ratrod0

ratrod0

35 ford vic

Attached Files:

28. Chris 50

Chris 50

A few shots of mine at the old place. Once I get my new shop finished, I'll get back to work on 'er.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

29. Searcher

Searcher

My 35 Tudor,
    [​IMG]
    and the mouse under it's hood.

[​IMG]

30. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

OK here are some shots of mine in the parking lot at work today.