Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you want for your car when you are gone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBBad2dabone, Jun 5, 2007.

1. BBBad2dabone

BBBad2dabone

OK this my first thread so I thought it should be light. Anyone have plans for their car once there gone? I’ve heard people say they want it buried with them but never heard of it really being done. I want my car to keep runnin’ the road with me in it. I want my ashes put in the Moon tank on front. It’s willed to my daughter who is 30 and been driving a 64 satin black leopard flamed Caddy for the last 5 years. McPhail already labeled the tank so all she has to do is melt me down and pour me in. I hope she is eligible for AARP before she gets the coupe but who knows? She knows I’m serious and asked “but dad what if I run into someone and you go everywhere?” I told her I hope she’s not hurt and it will be OK cause I always wanted to go everywhere. :D Let’s hear what you want for your car when you are gone…

2. wvenfield

wvenfield

I doubt I have my current car then. Whatever I do have I imagine one of my kids will get it or the wife will sell it to remodel the kitchen.

Either way it affects me none.

3. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I Want My Wife To Take Good Care Of Them And One Day For My Kids To Love Them As Much As I Do.

4. cretin

cretin

dont remeber her name but I did see funeral pictures of this rich lady who was buried in her car. I want my ashes put into it somehow or my skull molded into the dash

5. BBBad2dabone

BBBad2dabone

Wish I'd thought of that. Could keep an eye (socket) on the kid as she's haulin ass in my car

6. i want my wife to sell it,fast. her new husband will already have my wife, he ain't gettin' the car too.

7. squirrel

squirrel

interesting question, two years after a friend died they're still trying to figure out what to do with his cars!

I really don't care, but I expect my relatives/friends will.

8. BBBad2dabone

BBBad2dabone

Yeah, family and friends mean the most to me but of what belongs to me the scooters and cars that I have built are what I have a say over. The point is you need to say something to someone now cause who knows when it'll be too lat to stop all those arguments.

9. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Good question, my wife said IT's WORTH HOW MUCH when I told her what I wanted to insure it for. I can see a BMW (puke) in her future. I do hope however, that my 15 year old daughter keeps it.

10. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

I heard a great one at a swap meet the guy said when he dies, he wanted to be creamated and mixed in with a gallon of bondo and spread on his 51 ford so he could drive around with it after he`s gone

11. flathead48

flathead48

Once I'm gone it don't matter, it won't affect me. I just inherited my late uncle's 63' Buick Riviera, I'll prolly pass em on to a deserving family member.

12. Haha. Thats pretty good:D I don't think I'd want to know.It would probably piss me off no matter where they ended up.

13. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

LOL, What are you talkin' about?!
    We're goin' out together! :eek:

14. atch

atch

one of my daughters wants clarence. says that she wants it, even if her sister gets everything else.

15. F1James

F1James

Hadnt thought about the cars but turn me to ashes and send them to the doush powder factory with instructons to run me through one more time.

16. rixrex

rixrex

She was one of the West family women and she was buried in her Ferrari near San Antonio...one of my old friends passed on and I realized I was the only one who knew where several of his Packards were stashed, various paint shops and garages, he had Oldtimers/Altzhiemers and I think he had forgotten about a couple..I tracked them down and got them back..my nearest surviving relative is going to sell off mine and give the money to the Boy Scouts and Animal Defense League

17. ray

ray
    from colorado

for all i care, they can be sold to a production outfit and blown up in a movie.

18. I'd want mine to go to my nephew,because he's also on the HAMB.At least then i know it would be in good hands.:rolleyes:

19. plumpcars

plumpcars

Well luckily my 15 year old daughter is really interested in the car so she gets it. Actually asks me plenty of questions about the whole scene so I think she's a good 'un!
    By the way Bad....How will your daughter get new front tyres for yours once she wears them out? Have to get my daughter to send some over from the U.K! (Now there's a pretty cryptic comment.....)

20. slamdpup

slamdpup

kinda of scared to leave them to my 13 year old son he already wants me to take off the WWW and out on billet wheels..(noway)..and i dont another dude driving my shit i would have to give this question some thought..

21. Terry D

Terry D
    from NY

I bought some cars from an old lady once whose husband had died and she couldn't part with them.They had sat there some 15 years and kids had broken in to the old building,stole the keys,smashed some windows,plus the roof leaked.The cars were a mess,what a shame.I have titles to each of my cars in a folder with what $ I think they are worth,which I update from time to time.My wife knows to sell the cars after I wake up on the wrong side of the grass.

22. BBBad2dabone

BBBad2dabone

You dont think I bought only one pair do you?

Attached Files:

23. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

My wife says she will keep them ... :)

A fellow co - worker/friend and I were talking about this a few years back and he said " I am not much into dating white women ... but with a couple 32 Fords as a dowery ... your wife would be a real catch " He was a African/American and a real car nut.

Sadly, while he was 10 years younger than I , he was buried about 6 weeks ago ... heart attack :(

MAYBE a HAMBer will keep the Deuces running for her :)

24. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Mine will be a future barn find for somebody. We figure that a two day auction will get rid of all of the "stuff" and proceeds to local charities.

25. I had to think about this recently when my wife and I made a trust. All of my old cars are now in the trust which would be left to either my wife or my two boys if both of us were gone. My wife says she would keep them for the boys, but what they do with them is up to them. As much as I have lived/breathed cars for most of my life, they are just cars what happens to them after I am gone is not much concern to me. Although, I do hope my boys want to keep them.

26. mustangsix

mustangsix

My cars are a big part of my life, but they are just cars. When I'm gone, what I hope my kids will do is sell them to the highest bidder so that my family can enjoy things that they love, like I loved these machines.

But I don't expect that they have to maintain these vehicles as some sort of legacy. That's an unfair burden to anyone who doesn't love the hobby like I do.

27. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

this is strange ,i took my daughter (8 years old ) out for a ice cream in my ford ,out of no where she said that she would drive the car when she gets older.didnt say after you die ...but i got the idea... i was very happy in a weird way....

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I hope whoever gets Big Olds next, whether by me selling him or dieing, will continue to drive the snot outta him. It's what he deserves.

I also hope when folks see him years from now they walk up to the driver and ask "Hey, is that HRLC's old car, the one she called "Big Olds'? Whatever happened to her??":D

29. I told my wife to sell the Buick for as much as she can get and take the grandkids on a cruise. But my grandson and his Dad said no just keep it in the family, and that was what I wanted to hear anyway. After your gone who cares, your in a better place....... well maybe. Rags

30. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

You remember that scene in The Karate Kid where Mr Meagee [sp]
    tells the kid to pic out a car for his own. There's several lined up to choose from. That's what I want my family to do. Just pick one, and drive the wheels off of it. But never sell it. I'd give anything to have a car that my dad drove when he was young. I would not care what it was.

Doc.