Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. kornfedlifer

kornfedlifer
    from Phoenix AZ

Who's got one...Don't be shy..

My latest addition 1962 Econo pickup ...Paid 600.00 rebuilt the carb and have been enjoying it for six months...

[​IMG]

DuaneBallard, chop job and murpa like this.
  2. What a cool ride,any future plans?

3. 53 special

53 special

cool truck where are ya? you can't get a rusted out s10 for 600 down here, I wish I could find a deal like that

4. fast_46

fast_46

I hope the guy from around here chimes in, it's got a twin supercharged 428 in the box (zoomies and all) and is finished in what looks like bare metal cleared over. Pretty neat lookin'

5. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i have wanted a pickup for a while for my daily..

6. tjm73

tjm73

I really have a thing for Econoline pickups.

You could go so many different ways with that.

7. haring

haring

HAD one.

Sold it in 2003.

[​IMG]

droppedstepside likes this.
  8. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Had one many moons ago... Here it [and I] am in the late 60's.... I still love those things.

Attached Files:

1940Willys and droppedstepside like this.
  9. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Hi, I have a '61 5-window pickup. Has tghe six/three speed. Has a header with duals and most of the options a Econo could have. It has the fresh air heater, the fibreglass dress up panel for under the dash, the twin factory mirrors and the '65 trim with ribbed insert. It is a real good worker and the 17 year old paint still looks real good. Oh, have five spoke mags and Big 'n Littles. Send me your e-mail and I will send you some pix.

41 Dave

10. van_zombie

van_zombie

I got a little later model Econoline
    [​IMG]

11. This one was at the HAMB Lauau last year. Saw it again at the GNRS. Really nice. Don't know if it belongs to a HAMBer.

Attached Files:

12. studhud

studhud

I had a van and a pickup wish I still had the pickup! They are weird but cool. Ever seen Winfields Pacifica? I saw pics of it at his place weekend and was talkin about copying it?? Someday maybe. LTR Dave

13. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The deluxe trucks had a wide chrome strip down the side and trim around the windows, I believe.

14. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Got a 62 Club Wagon, and no pic's right now.

15. FONZI

FONZI

The one Bob posted belongs to my Pal Tony of A to Z Autobody. Super straight truck!

FONZI

16. Preikster

Preikster
    from sk, canada

"I hope the guy from around here chimes in, it's got a twin supercharged 428 in the box (zoomies and all) and is finished in what looks like bare metal cleared over. Pretty neat lookin'"

I assume that would be mine... I don't know of two many around here that fit that description.

The truck was originally my uncles. When he passed away the truck was headed for the crusher. It was already 'chopped' but was very poorly done. The top had fiberglass cloth to correct the misalignment on the top and had aluminum panels pop riveted on side to patch the rust.

I patched the bondo cracks, shot it flat black, and drove it for about a year with a hopped up 300 six. I was continually harassed about how it desperately needed a motor in the box.

I gave in... I fabricated a 4x2 frame and slid it inside of the stock tin frame. The motor I originally used was an 390 I had kicking around the garage. I couldn't afford a V-drive so I improvised and used a cast iron gear to gear transfer case. The motor is directly coupled to the transfer case with a single u-joint. I replaced the leaf springs with my own ladder bars and flipped / narrowed a 9" with discs for the rear.

I drove the truck (still with 1" of bondo) around for a year. The bondo/fiberglass/aluminum panels were bugging me so I stripped the truck to bare metal, re-chopped it and built new panels for it. At the same time I stumbled across a 428CJ and fabbed up a twin blower set-up for it.

So far the transfer case has held up and I have twisted up some axles in the 9". So far so good.

The bare steel is not perfect, I just kinda liked the appearance. It is a pain in the ass to maintain, I only wax it to keep it from rusting. The top of the box keeps rusting from people at shows leaning on it. I think it is time for some paint.... any suggestions?

- Craig

Attached Files:

17. Rik

Rik

I have got a 65 Econoline
    Previous owner installed a 302/C4 combo
    I would like to make my shop truck out of it
    Bag it , some kind of sixties wheels but I have no idea about the color I should put on it

Rik
    [​IMG]

18. P-p-p-post the pics here!

Thanks,
    Kurt

19. scottie

scottie

not quite an econoline but im in the uk working on this

[​IMG]

scottie

20. kornfedlifer

kornfedlifer
    from Phoenix AZ

I'm thinking swede green with a black roof.. Maybe some five spokers???? Rhinoline the bed. This one is still stock with three on the tree and a 170 inline 6. I found it in Reno and towed it back to Phoenix. It had been sitting for four years. I was shocked when I poured gas in the carb and it fired. I haven't had to do much...oil was clear and the plugs were good,rebuilt the card, cleaned out a couple of rats nests, and scraped four inches of dirt from the bed. I love this truck

21. hemi

hemi

I have a '65 Supervan that I bought and haven't touched since. It was an Easter Day Janitorial service van with one repaint. It's been parked since the 80's with a bad transmission. I was to radius the fenderwells and drag race it.

Attached Files:

22. motorhead748

motorhead748

I had a 67 about28 years ago. It had the long body. I put a `70 351c in it. With a couple hundred pounds in the back it was not difficult to do wheelies.

23. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I have a '65 Econoline I just bought at Wal-Mart.:cool:

Attached Files:

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

Here's my 65 panel. Right now it has a 170, but is getting a 302 HO next weekend... then the body work begins...

[​IMG]

25. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

i love those things I have wanted one since before i could drive.

26. Yeah, seek professional help, you are insane! That thing is bad ass, how about some close ups of the drivetrain?

27. Cool, what is it?

28. You may not like a black roof in Arizona unless you have A/C...a white roof would actually look cool with green.

29. scottie

scottie

its a 1964 ford thames, it was a panel van until the previous owner cut the rear off

scottie

30. Me

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014