Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats your coolest piece of speed equipment?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Louie, May 12, 2005.

1. gasser

gasser

I got the intake and heads from two different sources, after which I found out that they were sold as a package. Difficult to find out information about them.
    The heads are two part castings.
    The 7 on the door is for the seven years parts collecting, so far....

2. Oh man Gasser, I love your car especially the engine.

Is it a V8 60? I've only ever seen that equipment on the 60's.

Did you sourse all the stuff over here?

3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

VS57 Paxton McCulloch blower. Pretty sure mine if off of a Stude 289. Complete setup minus the brackets. It's waiting for a radical kustom '57 Bel Air

Edit: 5/1/17, still waiting haha

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  4. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

here's the intake....everything else i'm saving for a whole post (coming soon)...

5. i got some Mark Spitts speedos I love them tee hee

6. my nicson intake for an early chevy 6

7. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Bluto's on vacation.....R&R after all this heart stuff. See you all at B'ville :D

The coolist vintage speed stuff is there and haulin' ASS

8. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

She should be good for 50 HP

[​IMG]

9. planemech

planemech
    from MA.

My oldest is a Cragar OHV for the 4 bangers with 81's. Great little engines!. John

10. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

I forgot about this. My uncle and cousin built this 4x2 cross ram about 20 years ago. I used to run it on my a coupe when I first got it on the road. It ran really good. My cousin drag raced with it on his car. Ran as good as a single 4 barrel at the time.. It has a really unique sound when you open it up

11. Nope. Those Halibrands...look at the little star thingy in the middle and how it lines up w/ the cut outs in the wheel, rather than the outer ribs between them.

Only pair anyone (including a bunch of wheel guys) have ever seen like that. Keith's uncle bought em' off an old salt flats racer back in the day, if my memory serves me well.

12. Maybe not too special compared to all the stuff on this post, but I just picked up this weekend a sweet Edmunds 2-pot intake for my 59A Flatty.

13. moose

moose

My coolest is a bunch of Plymouth stuff; Edmunds Custom head, Tattersfield 2 single intake, custom headers, Mallory dual point ignition, Magspark coil, and the kicker-- an aluminum flywheel that ran on a dirtrack car in the forties in SW Missouri.

14. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Currently it is this 8x2 Weiand Drag Star for my Lincoln 430. I've got the full Isky roller setup, valve covers, dual point dizzy, and some other cool goodies for it too. It should be in the car here shortly.

Hmm...I tried everything and can't seem to post pictures on the HAMB anymore. The lowest of my four settings on my digital camera is still too big for HAMB.

15. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Here you go brother, This has to be the coolest intake setup I've ever seen, This thing is just dripping with 60's cool. You got the munster coach beat by a mile. I'll save the rest for the finished product.
    Drew
    [​IMG]

16. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Thanks homey, I've got my "spare" lincoln 8x2 for sale if you need one! Can't wait to get this in that little car though. I'll post it up here including the build.

17. SnoDawg

SnoDawg

That is way cool it is almost religious as far as the church organ look...Does anybody else hear strains of Ingodda Davida??

Dawg

18. the dom

the dom
    from so-cal

my hilborn injection and pump for a 215 buick with documentation from hilborn sold to thompson enterprises may 15 1962 (15 days before indy) and the grant spalding flamethrower for the same engine...

19. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I had a set of KRW Valve Adjustment Spacers which I thought might make a totally crazy hi-rise manifold some day but I let a guy borrow them years ago and don't remember who it was now. These are 2 pairs of cast aluminum towers which lift the intake manifold up in the air about 8-10 inches so you can actually run the engine and check the tappet clearances. How nutty is that?

20. indyjps

indyjps

not vintage but a set of nascar pontiac small block chevy heads, outlawed by nascar due to extreme valve angle that year. a friend used these heads on a 434 small block and made 850 hp on the engine. my set flows better than his. and I just happen to have a clearanced, machined block, stroker crank, and set of pistons for this engine, just need to find the right rods.

21. RoyalCrown32

RoyalCrown32

My NOS Fenton 2x2 Rocket Olds intake manifold.

Attached Files:

22. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

My D&L accessory drive for my flathead engine.

Attached Files:

23. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

What is the gizzmo on the left?
    Not the Harmon or the Hilborn but the other thingy?

24. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

My Pontiac 'bathtub' tunnel ram intake.

When was the last time you saw a factory tunnel ram intake? Plenty of factory cross-rams were made, but this is the only tunnel ram that I know of.:cool:

This is a repro of the factory intakes that were used on the '63 421 Super Duty drag race engines back during the factory stocker wars. There probably isn't a better factory designed and produced performance intake than this one.:D

There's room for a 2-barrel idling carb with a 3-bolt base in between the two 750 Carter AFBs, this feature was eliminated on later factory versions of this intake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

Yo Baby,

"What is the gizzmo on the left?
    Not the Harmon or the Hilborn but the other thingy?"

Mechanical tach drive.
    On one of these years ago, I drove the dry sump scavenger
    pump there.
    Pete

26. Ive got an Edmunds 4x2 for my 322 Buick Nailhead that will go in the next project (A front engined rail, or a Anglia gasser maybe) I see someone else on here has one...maybe we have the only 2!!! never seen another, also lots of different engine adapters, several NOS ansen and JC Witney parts. A 39 Toploader with Linc Zeph gears (not re-pop). All pretty rare....especially here over the "pond"! Oh and I just sold my Dago axle and 46 Banjo (For 3k USD :)... )
    So time to start collecting some parts.

Have a "thing" for rare and obscure things I find

27. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

For the stovebolt this one is preety sweet.Probably going on the modified with a couple of carter yf's.

28. my hilborn stack fuel injection on my 392 hemi.

29. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

30. 50shoe

50shoe

Freinman (Freidman?) 2x2 for a flathead ford:

[​IMG]

Wish I had a tag for it....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014