Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP- fake soft top available?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by reichart90, Feb 20, 2007.

1. reichart90

reichart90

Alright alright alright. May sound crazy to some of you guys haha... buuut, my dad built a "milner" car. everything is real close to the real one except it has 3 dueces instead of 6 and the car is FIBERGLASS -i know that word makes you guys cringe and vomit and stuff haha but anyway... he wants the roof to have the soft top look - whereas the Downs fiberglass body he used has a solid "filled" roof. Does anyone know a company or resource that makes or distributes the vinyl top kit that simulates a real one? i know i know i know... it may not be a real hot rod - but definietly a really cool car!

thanks for your help
    Tim

2. MENACE

MENACE
    from PHOENIX AZ

Rod And Custom Did An Article On Just That Id Like To Say
    Mabey A Year Ago. Try Checking There Web Site All See If I Can Find It When I Get Home From Work Later

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Juliano's used to sell a kit for that.

4. reichart90

reichart90

I actually did see that on there website and called them about it. The kit is not made for a filled roof but an original roof but they said it could be modified. Its actually universal.. which this whole idea that its made this way doesn't surprise me. Thought there would be a more simple version... this could be a last resort though. Any other imputs?

Thanks again for the replies.
    -Tim:)

5. reichart90

reichart90

6. reichart90

reichart90

7. i see no reason why the julianos kit couldn't be used on a filled roof , except they tell you in the instructions to pop rivet the outer rail down...i wouldn't on fiberglass. i'd use some small screws , maybe 6-32 with nylock nuts on the inside , and just snugg them enuff to hold it

8. Squablow

Squablow

If the roof kit NEEDS to have a roof hole, then cut a hole in the roof. I thought the car in the R&C article had a filled roof at one time. It's doable and I think it would look nice.

9. dv8

dv8

This should be your first choice, not a last resort...The julianos kit is basically exactly what you are looking for, in fact, I've seen it used on more filled roofs, that unfilled.

And the coupe on AMERICAN GRAFFITI had 4 carbs not 6....