Register now to get rid of these ads!

The oddest car body, engine combination you've ever done,seen,been in?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rixrex, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rixrex

rixrex

In high school my friend Mark drove around one of those old swoopy XK120? Jaguar roadsters. Eventually we wore out the six cyl. and had neither the money,access,or knowledge to repair it. His father donated his running 59 Edsel to the project. We took out the 361 V/8 and shoehorned it into that Jag. It hauled ass and cornered!.....rixrex

2. Last year I parted out a 76 Pontiac Ventura 4 door...it had power windows,301 Olds engine and a 5 speed transmission.Weirdest car I,ve parted out yet......

3. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Old Buford belonged to a kid I went to high school with

An olds 425 swapped into an early 60s ford pickup, with the power seat and rearend out of a buick. Olds-buick-ford = Old Buford. Your standard decrepit old farm truck with cragars and a huge CB antennae

Was riding in a friend's 77ish vette going about 120mph coming home from a football game. Old Buford passed us like we were parked.

4. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

In high school-mid60s- a friend, the son of the local salvage yard owner, dropped a (as I recall) 401 nailhead in a early 50s jeep- can you say "poppawheelie"

5. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

1 Ton 41 Diamond T with a 440 Mopar and a punch button flite.
    Would fry the livin' bejeesus outta them duals.:D

Saw a COE White Coke Truck at "Holleys Drive In" (Okc) with an Allison in it and zoomies that would lite all 8 of 'em up.:eek: YeeHa!

6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Hemi in a VW.......?

7. phil

phil

1966 rambler calssic with 403 olds from a delta 88

8. Haunted Ken

Haunted Ken

A guy back in Flint stuffed a smogger 472 caddy motor into a brand new Delorean..... this was like in 1980.....

9. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

401 Nailhead in the back seat of a corvair.
    The thing FLEW!

10. snap too

snap too
    from lost wages

Not by choice but by necessity , I stuffed a 331 Hemi and a Cad three speed into a '50 Olds coupe to drive back and forth to school. No , it wasn't really fast and the Olds guys hated my guts but it got me where I needed to go !

11. A guy I used to work with had a couple of strange ones:A Deserter(Meyers Manx copy)on a VW pan with a Buick aluminum V-8 .And yes the front wheels were hard to keep planted on the ground.

His next one was even stranger:A Datsun pickup with Jeep $WD running gear and a Mercedes 190 diesel engine.

Without a doubt one of the weirdest was a radical custom 55 or 56 Crown Vic(it was hard to tel;so much work had been done to it)with a 350 Oldsmobile diesel in it!

A long time ago in Danvers Massachusetts a guy had a 55 Chevy with an early Olds mounted in the rear with the rear axle flopped over and running a chain drive.Wheelie city!

Here's a pic of a not all that weird one:A Triumph Mayflower with a small block Chevy in it.Went like stink in a straight line but didn't stop for shit.

Attached Files:

12. jetmek

jetmek

my memeory might be a little sketchy, but at the CARBS clubhouse in ct one BADASS austin healy dragcar with a nasty injected 327 had photos of it in action back in the 60's

13. jetmek

jetmek

i have to take that back...the oddest has to be that P-57 chevy thing that was at the GNRS a couple of years back...57 chevy with a v-12 allison painted to look like a wwII era fighter

14. S.F.

S.F.

a 40s studebaker 4 door that was turned into a flatbed truck with a late 30's caddy flathead in it, now that is just plain wierd....found it in a old junk yard I heard about way out in the middle of no where here in southern Ohio, he wouldnt sell it. Looked like it was converted for farm use.

15. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

there was a BMW isetta comp. car in the sixties. A local guy has a tube chassisied Geo metro hatchback with a blown and injected fuel big block runs low 8s and is fully streetable has it at almost all the local shows

16. S.F.

S.F.

Not a car, but I saw a 40s 8 N tractor with an 8 BA flathead in it once.

17. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

well the '71 455 i have sitting on a stand waiting to go in my '84 delta88 came out of a '79 cadillac seville...still wondering who, why and how that got in there.

the other one is this lifted, blown chevy BB karmann ghia...

[​IMG]

18. JimSibley

JimSibley

My 1969 vw bug with a 2.9 ranger v-6

Attached Files:

19. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

that's actually one of the mills i'm thinking of for my diamond t:D

20. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

A buddy built a 63 Triumph Spitfire with a ported rotary out of a Mazda RX7. It had a Datsun 280Z rear on coilovers. It ran High 13's at 105 mph through the 1/4 in 3RD GEAR, and It had a 5 speed! It would rev to 9,000 rpm without breaking. Dump it from 5th to 3rd going 55mph and it would light up the tires and lay a patch of rubber 100ft long. It cornered like it was on rails. It was like driving a gokart with a large CC motorcycle engine in it. It was a great car to beat the crap out of.
    The same guy now built a bitchin traditional steel Deuce 5 window... talk about 2 completely different cars!

21. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

From the mecca of oddball engines/bodys, B'ville : Inline Jimmy 6 powered Camero.

Attached Files:

22. some i've owned
    455 olds/transaxle in 65 corvair
    215 buick in sunbeam alpine
    400 pontiac/400/12bolt in 64 VW
    454bb/350/12bolt in chevy Luv truck
    327/muncie in 66 ford galaxie (just cuz)
    current one: 59 morris with hipo 302/c4/9"
    Some were scary fast. Some didn't handle or stop well, but wasn't looking for that. Just did them because I wanted to.

23. How about a 1989 Nissan 240sx with a Flahead V8 in it.

CBB

Attached Files:

24. yyyup!thats differnt awright!
    R.R.

25. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

I was friends with a guy in H.S. that had a 350 Chevy powered Triumph TR7 with a 12 bolt rear...strangest looking car I ever saw...but I think it ran 11's...wonder what ever happened to him...or the car...

26. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

I think we have a winner here!!!;)

27. Ok, how about a 1959 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite with a 478 Stage 5 Chrysler HEMI, 700r4 trans, '92 Corvette Front and Rear independent suspension.

CBB

Attached Files:

28. I had a pinto for years and when the 4 banger quit, the guy from a near by garage put in a small v8 out of a Mustang II? The car always had problems after that...however I would get out of tickets because '...nobody would believe me if I gave a ticket to a Pinto doing 100mph! Slow this piece of sh*t down' as I recall the policeman saying to me.

I helped a former girlfriends dad rebuild her car, a 2 door chevette, that he squished a chevy 350 in, and then sculpted the body and frame around. I am not sure where he got that idea...but she never got to drive it much...he was always out in it. I believe the phrase is 'Stupid fast'.

These were odd to me.

29. I was at a small high school car show years ago and there was a mid 70s Chevy pickup there with a Detroit 4 Cylinder diesel complete with blower. I think it was a 3/4 ton. The guy said it go 22 mpg and would tow a house off it's foundation.

30. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

My Old Man had about 4 beaters he used for work cars. He would get them cheap with blown motors and put the same 307 Chevy turd in them. The motor wouldn't die. He ran that thing for about 13 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.