Register now to get rid of these ads!

Baddest movie car of all time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by graverobber63, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Blutarski

Blutarski
    from o.c.

i would have to say the car from the movie "Bullet"

2. WILLIEJP1969

WILLIEJP1969
    from Iowa

Must be an Iowa thing, I agree those are the best two cars ever!

Jim

3. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

the lincoln from Moonshine Highway

4. WILLIEJP1969

WILLIEJP1969
    from Iowa

5. Nightshade

Nightshade

The 1950 Merc used in Cobra (with Sly Stallone)
    Car built by Eddie Paul

[​IMG]

6. moparvetern

moparvetern

Grease had alot of cool cars.
    the beach movies always had cool creations incuding a roth car or two and an ivo multi engine digger.
    and the bullit mustang had to have a built motor just to keep up with stock hemi........ mopars just rule.

7. 401HLWD

401HLWD

I thinks Pete Fonda started out with the Impala in Dirty Mary Crazy Larry. I was a kid when it first came out and still remember it. The driving is so badass in that flick. Deathmobile too! :D

8. can´t remeber the movie´s name,but starred kevin costner,a bunch of guys going to pick up a bottle of dom perignon they hid earlier,the 59 caddy they´re driving is getting the front end ripped of,and replaced by som IH truck sheetmetal,that´s about the funniest car I´ve seen on tv,haha.
    beverlyhillbillies model A ford monster truck is pretty cool to.
    if I had to choose one,it´d be the 41 williys from hotrod,I´d kill to own that one.

9. The producers of that piece of trash should be beaten with a baseball bat.

10. Fandango.

11. Mutt

Mutt

As Wingnut said, somebody did. You must have been looking at pictures instead of reading...:p

I erased the picture after a few months to save bandwidth, never dreaming that new guys would start dragging up old threads like they have.

Mutt

12. lowburban

lowburban

That Willys completely ruined me. I never got that car out of my head. Anyone know if you can buy that movie anywhere. I need to show my wife why I am how I am. THen the yellow 55 in Hollywood Knights and the motor in the coupe with all the dueces.

13. How about this one?
    Rolling Vengance Poster.jpg

14. RacerRick

RacerRick

The black 68' Charger RTs in bullet had stock 440-4brl and an automatic. They even put smaller tires on the charger to try to slow it down.

The mustangs had built 390's and they were all 4 speeds. Steve McQueen did about half of the driving of the stangs. A major problem was that the stangs were literally falling apart during filming due to the pounding, while the stock chargers were rock solid.

15. RacerRick

RacerRick

It had a 428 in it according to the movie. lol I own it.

The 57' Chevy in the original "Catch me...if you can!" (1988). 427/4spd car...nice.

The 70 Charger in F&F was actually a race car. It had a built 383 in it, a big stall converter and 5.13 gears, and ran 11's. They did a test of it in one of the mags. It was the only car in the entire movie that did better than high 14's!

16. bigd_207

bigd_207
    from MO

torino

Attached Files:

• 837.jpg
      837.jpg
      File size:
      50.3 KB
      Views:
  17. It ain't a car, but I think the Peterbilt truck in "Duel" is pretty bad-ass. It's covered in brown grease and has a piece of railroad track for a bumper. Looks nice and evil.

I always had a soft spot for the '68 Charger in Bullit, and the '69(?) Charger in "Dirty Mary & Crazy Larry", and the cool flaming Mopar in "Christine".

It's one thing to have a cool car appear in a movie, but it's another thing to make the car seem like it's the star of the movie. In those movies, the car is the star of the movie, so those are the movie cars that stick out in my mind.

My favorite scene on American Graffiti is when he pulls into the shop late at night to uncork his headers to get it ready to race -- that's when it sounds like a real hot rod. :cool:

18. CHRIS 57

CHRIS 57
    from Upstate NY

Milners coupe, and the 55 from 2 Lane Blacktop are 1 and 2. But this 57 from Tales from the Crypt is Bad Ass!

Attached Files:

19. lttlelindsey

lttlelindsey
    from So. Cal

How bout "Christine"....cause that damn car did it's own body work!:D

20. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

My vote is ................

Steve Mcqueens mustang, in BULLIT, and the Camaro in Gumball Rally, Milners deuce coupe......thats all i can think of for now.

21. gridley

gridley

Mad Max/The Road Warrior

22. i think the camaro from Aloha Bobby & Rose is bad ass, but then again i was raised around bad ass camaros so i have a soft spot for them! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. RatBone

RatBone

[​IMG]
    I know , not a car but still cool

24. gridley

gridley

Wait,Wait.
    Batman Returns "The Tumbler"

25. One of the koolest car movies ever!!!!!!!!!!! KING OF THE MOUNTIAN...no shit the vette rocked the house...and hoppers 56 f-100 was the shit also.........gotta love 70s street racers:D

26. Rodmania

Rodmania
    from Norway

What's wrong with herbie? ;)

27. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

HAHAHAHA! Ain't that the TRUTH.
    I have an article about the filming of the Bullit chase scene.......that poor Mustang never had a CHANCE!:D

Batman Begins car was cool, 917 Porsche's in LeMan's RULE, but THE baddest is/always will be CHRISTINE........

The black '67 Camaro in "Better off dead" was pretty cool too......(I LOVE that movie:) )

28. ChopperOlli

ChopperOlli
    from Finland

I do like this 36 Dodge in Roger Rabbit...

[​IMG]

-Olli

29. anybody see OUTRAGE with the killer Nomad???????