Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical EMS sheetmetal

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 55onefifty, Dec 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 55onefifty

55onefifty

I did not call names, I stated to you that what you said on the hamb was not true and then you hung up on me. When the panels come I will take pictures and put them on the hamb. You stated you are sending me the panels to fix my problem, we will see when the panels show up. Ether way hanging up on a customer is not very good service and just plane rude. I have all 4 body patch panels, inner cowl repair panels, rocker panels, and tail pan all bought from you. I think I have been a good customer. It seems to me the 529B panel is wrong. The kit says the panel should be 526A. The right thing I think to do would be to send me 526A.

2. Budget36

Budget36

That’s what I asked earlier. So seems maybe just a wrong part was sent?
    If so I’m sure had your called and said” I received the wrong part, I wanted a 526a but you sent me a 526b” the issue would have been resolved.

3. 55onefifty

55onefifty

It should have been that easy. I sent pictures just like they asked, I said I thought the panel was the wrong panel. When the panels come we will see. It should have never got this far. I am just an average person with average skills trying to build a nice car in my garage. I spent $250 to get a nice kit to make a nice repair and when I try to resolve the issue I get hung up on. My post was to let other home builders know about my experince with this company.

4. The point is you don't even know that it wasn't that easy because you don't have the new panels they sent yet to know if they will solve your problem but still decided to jump online and whine anyways.

5. Budget36

Budget36

So let’s back track a bit. From your first post you had a 4 inch gap -as you have shown. So you called EMS and they then began the process of sending you a panel. Is that correct so far? Or what am I missing?

I’m just trying to piece this together, from your original post you seem upset, that’s fine if this has been a long drawn out issue. But it’s not fine if Monday was first contact about the issue.
    Feel what I’m saying? What we are reading from your posts things seem odd. So how about you clarify things, and maybe we can get the full story?

6. ems customer service

ems customer service

that will be investigated tomorrow , I took mr Marvins word he was working on a 39, instead of taking time to call up his invoice, a short fall on our part which affected the solution.

7. You call me or anyone on my staff and act as you have here, you will promptly hear a dial tone, treat the guy on the other end the way you want to be treated and problems can be resolved without trashing a great company that I know will go out of their way to correct a problem.

You have been offered replacement panels . what's the problem?

Beyond that, it would be very simple to make a 4" filler panel. HRP

8. Budget36

Budget36

I’ve needed a 4 inch filler panel my whole life.
    Wait, I’ll stop now;)

9. I’d cut a strip and keep welding. Could have fixed it faster than a phone call.
    Aftermarket patch panels are a crap shoot.
    The floor looks good in the pics. If that got ya within a 4 inch strip, I’d call it a win.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  10. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Everyone needs to look at both sides point of view . First , there are threads on here about panel disappointments. Secondly, you pay for a panel , you shouldn’t have to add in a 4” piece . As to HRP’s recommendation of simply making a 4” piece and as we all know heat is the enemy of a flat panel , the OP would have to weld two sides and two ends . How is that a good idea ? Now from the suppliers view point , they are human and hopefully the correct panel is being sent . Not just a filler panel . Everyone needs to pull back on the reins a little bit. I am sure the OP is let down by receiving the piece and then cannot finish the job as he intended. Anticipation and time loss of doing the job and moving onto the next thing can breed stress . Anyone ever been there ?

11. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Oh , eager to hear the explanations . :D

12. I can fix it faster than a HAMB post.
    it sucks when crap happens.
    But when the cure is easier and faster than being upset, I take that route. I’m not holding up a build on a 4 inch strip of flat sheet metal. I can weld it without causing any major issues.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  13. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Doubtful. There are hundreds of satisfied EMS customers on this board.

You appear to have created your account just so you can complain about an issue that you did not even give the vendor enough time to resolve. This reflects more poorly on you that it does on them.

14. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We all do, sir. We all do.

15. No his account is so he can sell parts in the classifieds or ask how much something is so he can sell it in the classifieds.

16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Even worse, and now this.

Truckdoctor Andy, 427 sleeper and X38 like this.
  17. badshifter

badshifter

To me this post is about the experience of dealing with you.

18. Rusty J

Rusty J

To EMS: I want to say THANK YOU for making great panels which makes my project such a GREAT experience to work on. Your parts really worked well for my car - and it's a 39 Chevy! Yep, I'm satisfied. Cheers!

19. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

But he is not you .:D He stated he wanted to make a nice floor job. Cannot blame the guy for what he wanted to do . And paid for . You plan your build out and you have in your minds eye the fit and finish . Everyone is different. :)

seabeecmc, kidcampbell71 and 5window like this.
  20. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I am done with this but…..:) anyone here would in a similar situation with buying a part and not getting what they wanted , wouldn’t be running around with a smile on their face .

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  21. twenty8

twenty8

That is true, and EMS may well have sent the wrong parts. We just don't know the full story yet.
    I will say one thing. A major contributing factor to an acceptable outcome in these situations is how the problem is approached, by both sides. Accepting that mistakes happen, and giving people a reasonable chance to rectify problems before hanging out your attitude and going off half-cocked would have maybe made for a smoother journey.

gimpyshotrods and 5window like this.
  22. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Well the only gripe I have with EMS is that they don’t produce parts for the ‘32 Ford or ‘46-48 Buick’s...

I have, regretfully,a brother in law, who is very bombastic and likes to demand stuff from those who have “wronged” him and is usually never satisfied with the outcome. I never get angry, am polite and courteous, and usually get satisfaction. My son says I could return milk to a cow. Heck last spring I convinced a traffic cop to squash a speeding ticket moments before we went into court and yesterday convinced a parking enforcement officer to not give me a ticket! Being nice works...

Perhaps the biggest problem in this situation is that somebody’s working on a Chev!

23. twenty8

twenty8

There is a term for it. It's called respect...............not so common these days though.

24. Lol. He has a nice floor. Needs one simple piece. The time he’s invested in complaining that simple piece is finished.
    I’ve never used EMS because I like my floors with more detail or the limited vehicles they service.
    I have no clue what that last sentence has to do with anything

25. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

With respect to all who have posted here, I have dealt with @55onefifty and found him to be fair and honorable in his transactions. I have not needed the services of EMS but from what I have read on this thread, they seem to be equally fair and honorable. In this instance, the only problem on the part of EMS is sending the wrong part and they are rectifying that mistake. Perhaps 55one fifty should have toned down his rhetoric but, it's obvious that there are circumstances here that the rest of us don't know. Maybe there is a timeline for the project and this is putting him behind. In any case, there are those among us who seem willing to pour gas on the fire for no reason and that's wrong.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  26. Like 99% of all conflict, seems like there has been a miscommunication. EMS is going to double check the part numbers sent to see if they were for a 38 or 39, make it right if it's wrong, and we're all going to hug it out and go about our day. The end.

alanp561 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  27. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe its about time to close this thread and let the OP and EMS work thinks out without anymore drama. Then one post to update on the solution. JMHO.

28. 5window

5window

Yes, I. too, feel this is due to be closed soon. It is too bad, but I think with a little patience, this could have been a "I ordered or got the wrong part but EMS quickly made it right" thread.
    Way too little patience and understanding around today. Still, it may work out and I hope it does.

alanp561, twenty8 and gimpyshotrods like this.
  29. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This thread should have never been opened in the first place. Doing so was dishonorable and disrespectful.

If the OP and others are dissatisfied with the reactions that came from the OP's comments, now is the time to take my this as a teachable moment about how to conduct yourself in public, and what to not do in the future.

In this great nation you are free to speak your mind without (government) interference.

You are not, however, free from, or exempt from consequences and judgement as a result of what you have said.

badshifter, 5window, egads and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.