Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Thieves

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mopar362000, Jun 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mopar362000

mopar362000

Have i ever told you about how much i hate thieves.Shop was broken in .About 30000 im parts and tools.mack toolbox is now empty.2 generators 55 chevy and whippet radiators.local salvage yard says they crushed 5 aluminum intake 8 holly carb msd ign.4 complete dry sump oil systems
    All my indicators.everything gone 40 year collection of parts and tools.just venting

2. Damn, Bro. :eek:
    That sucks.

1Nimrod, loudbang, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  3. Rand Man

Rand Man

Nobody likes a thief. I was recently scammed on some car parts. I tracked down the guys family and finally got my stuff. Good luck on finding your stuff or justice.

nunattax, kiwijeff, verno30 and 6 others like this.
  4. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I'd like to catch one in the act!

jimmysweden, 1Nimrod, 6inarow and 5 others like this.

5. Brutal. Roanoke looks like a relatively small area ... did the scrapyard have no idea who dropped off the car parts?

1Nimrod, loudbang, Deuces and 4 others like this.
  6. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear it. That's quite a haul.:mad::(

A perfect example why gun control is a bad idea.

7. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

To bad the yard crushed your stuff,{so they say].They dam well know who the thieves in your area are.

1Nimrod, kiwijeff, 40FORDPU and 19 others like this.
  8. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Why would any salvage yard crush what was apparently valuable parts? Doesn't make a lick of sense to me! And they surely know who brought in these parts as salvage, they should know them at least because they should require ID to sell this type of parts!

10. Country Joe

Country Joe

Hopefully they were caught on camera somewhere along the line. Just this Saturday, I had someone take $100. Out of my debit card account. Had to cancel and get a new one.

1Nimrod, rbrewer, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Most likely because they figured it was stolen from the get go and if they tried to resell it they would get nailed for possession of XXXXX$$$$ worth of stolen goods rather than XX$ worth of scrap metal.
    I've got a buddy with a scrap yard who won't buy anything from anyone who does not have a vehicle with a license plate and a valid ID. Not even a 1/4 lb handful of stripped copper wire from the bicycle boys.

12. rotten ron

rotten ron
    BANNED

They want your stuff. I hooked up a simple motion detector alarm in my garage. Open the door an a alarm goes off (loud). The whole set up was less than 50 dollars. My neighbor has his 60 pound pitbull sleep in his garage.

13. rusty valley

rusty valley

scrap yard I deal with, photo of vehicle on the scale, and a valid drivers license or ID or you dont sell there. Valuable stuff (to me) is in the pile every time I go there. they dont care, it all goes in the shredder and you cant buy anything. If it really looked like a load of just good stuff, as in stolen, they would probably take note of it, but mixed in with real scrap it would just go on the pile. sorry for your loss. Bad guys are everywhere nowdays

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  14. mickeyc

mickeyc

The parts recycler (junk yard) I worked at as a young fellow reverted
    into a scrap buyer in later years. I often picked up a few extra bucks
    doing fabrication and repairs on equipment for them. One day I
    came to the aluminum area and saw a worker fellow knocking
    Stromberg carburators of of an intake manifold to make it suitible
    for the clean aluminum box. The carbs went in to the dirty section
    due to the steel context in each unit. It was all just scrap to be recycled
    for profit. I was able to save items when I was around at an opportune
    moment. I did score some goodies over the years.

1Nimrod, fauj, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  15. There are some really stupid businessmen out there.

16. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Keep venting. I would be highly pissed off, myself!

1Nimrod, Mark Hinds, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aluminum and carbs to a non public access scrapyard is just aluminum and carbs...recyclable metal...sad but true...very few are probably gearheads, more over looking at aluminum and other metals as dollars by the pound with no sympathy for history really...much like the scum that steal and pilfer it...always lock your doors keep the windows covered and keep the Garage Doors closed...keep prying eyes looking elsewhere...

I hope there is a silver lining here...:oops:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  18. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

If you steal , cheat or lie. You are no good to society. And you are part of the problem.

1Nimrod, bchctybob, kiwijeff and 10 others like this.
  19. People rail about 'gubmint regulation' but here the only thing you can get quick cash for is aluminum cans. Anything else, photo ID and they mail you a check...

20. A little off topic, but they just busted some guys near Seattle with 800 catalytic converters!! Hope the can find out who the prospective buyer is too!

21. Roothawg

Roothawg

We had a local car dealership on the main highway that lost 150 catalytic convertors on a Sunday afternoon. All brand new cars.

fauj, loudbang, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  22. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow - hopefully you will find ID on the creeps. - much harder when scrap yards work with the creeps

23. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I’m so sorry , I hate a stealing common Bastard ! I could rid the world of these Bastards , and sleep like a baby . I’ll give you anything , I’m not using just ask . Don’t steal it and let me catch you . Soft food will be in order for a bit in your low life that is remaining .

24. SS327

SS327

I call bull! No way the scrap yard did not know that stuff was valuable. What really happened is it got hid or sold until the heat is off. Then one day poof! Out it comes and you can’t prove it’s yours.

25. rusty valley

rusty valley

I call bull on your bull!! Have you ever been to a scrap yard? This spring one day there was tools all over the ground at the dump site. No, not snapon's, but all scattered around was sockets and wrenches, and amongst all of it was the hardware collection. New nuts, bolts, washers of every size. Like maybe grampa died and they just clean out the garage and haul it in for a couple bucks. I've seen new electric motors on the motor pile, and new hydraulic cylinders, etc, etc. Its a shame really how wasteful our "affluent American" life style is . The guys at the yard don't care, its a job period. They claim they can not get the goods either, but I will call bull on that! They have goodies stashed all over the yard but they are somebody, and we are not

26. The company we deal with does not care what comes in.
    It’s all metal
    It’s all junk
    It’s weight
    With a value

they do take down your drivers license and license plate.
    Every time you drop off.

I’ve seen everything from massive coils of aluminum sheet product , new copper pipe , new large copper water valves
    Electric motors
    Bins and bins filled with newly machined parts .

Shit, we drop off full and complete , most times running forklift !! Some times 4-5 in a 40 yard bin.

it’s not the yard to question why this is scrap, to them it’s scrap.

Blame the thief who stole it.

We did have a few years ago some douche bag steel a bunch of bronze flower erns from a cemetery amd folks questions how they could end up in a scrap yard. The guy at the yard explained how the city has dropped off complete statues in the past!!

so again. This sucks balls and the thieves who stole should get skinned with and electric wood plainer staring with their cock n balls.

but it’s not up to the scrap guys to ask why .

27. rusty valley

rusty valley

I agree with all of the above, except the running forklifts should be dropped off at my house

safetythird, fauj, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  28. Sorry for your loss.....

29. Your too kind..........They wouldnt get a soft food pass..................

1Nimrod, 73RR, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.