Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Williamsburg, VA: Need help locating truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by boy_named_sue, Jun 8, 2021.

1. boy_named_sue

boy_named_sue
    from Dayton, OH

My buddy is trying to track down his late Gramps’ old 34 Ford pu. Evidently owned by somebody near the Williamsburg, VA area, found pics (attached) on Instagram from a year ago. Please message me if you know anyone who might know the owner of this truck just so we can get them in touch. He’d love to see it again.

grandpa’s name was Phil (note “Phil’s 34” still lettered on the tailgate)

Attached Files:

2. @TomT lives in Williamsburg and know a lot of guys.:cool:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. boy_named_sue

boy_named_sue
    from Dayton, OH

Thanks Gary!

Just Gary likes this.

4. Always hit the "full image" button before the "post reply" button 1186B0D5-96D2-4939-B104-125A429B3363.jpeg

Hamtown Al likes this.
  5. That way, we can actually see your pictures! 2079C096-16B8-4B93-AD72-60032A4F6E13.jpeg

6. Sweet truck by the way..............Don.

warhorseracing likes this.
  7. boy_named_sue

boy_named_sue
    from Dayton, OH

ah, thanks Don! that's MUCH better

Just Gary and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. CycleTech

CycleTech
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Was just in Williamsburg last week. Did not see that truck. Wish I could have, nice truck.

9. I will check around.

10. boy_named_sue

boy_named_sue
    from Dayton, OH

thanks for the help!

11. Even though the pictures are from Downtown, the owner could have been just visiting CW (Colonial Williamsburg) that day, or lives in one of the surrounding counties. I meet with a few of the local old car guys on Thursday mornings, so if still in the area, they will know. It was not at the local rod show a couple of weeks ago.

12. perk03

perk03
    from VA

I live in the Williamsburg area and attend a lot of cruise ins and shows. If I see it I will let you know.
    don

13. Hamtown Al and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. I am on it - if it’s the same truck my buddy Johnrodz owner/builder of the VA HAMB Special has done some Flathead work for him. I will contact John tomorrow ....

15. Between perk03, TomT, and I and our contacts, if that truck is around we will find it and the owner.

16. boy_named_sue

boy_named_sue
    from Dayton, OH

You guys are the best. Thanks so much! The HAMB for the win yet again:cool:

Just Gary and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Naw. Wish I had. Those Willie boys will find it I hope... or at least a lead or two.

Patience is a virtue... I kept the communication link open with a daughter of the original builder of my 32 cabriolet and after two years or on and off exchanges; I got a call and was put on speakerphone with whole family for some great history!! Sure made my day. Found out when changed body from 3W to cabriolet(1950) and a friend shared his role in starting the Deer Park drag strip in Spokane, WA... never know what will discover but it is almost always pretty interesting.
    Hang in there.
    I'm still calling, or trying to call, another fellow who supposedly knows the whole story.
    Opportunities!!:D

18. I spoke with the owner and he may have reached out to you all ready here in the HAMB. Johnrodz did know him and gave me the info to contact him ....

Hope it all turns out well .....

Ford52PU, pprather, Just Gary and 4 others like this.
  19. boy_named_sue

boy_named_sue
    from Dayton, OH

O wow that was quick. You're the man, TomT. If we are able to make it out to Williamsburg for a car show we'll have to meet up! We owe you a pizza.

20. DRolston

DRolston

I spend most of my time on Ford Barn. Should check the HAMB more often.
    Phil's '34 pickup is in good hands in Williamsburg. It is my wife's barn truck. She let me use it to haul the flathead that johnrodz built for me from Jimmie's Engine Service in Lanexa to my garage. The only thing I have done to it was to narrow the front end (replace control arms) to fix tire rub, and add a cigarette lighter plug-in to the seat support as a place to charge a phone. It runs like a champ. Let me know how to get in touch with the interested persons. Ford Barn would be a better place to contact me, as I am on that site every day.

21. Sounds like a good ending. I'll let the guys I contacted know it has been located.

22. boy_named_sue

boy_named_sue
    from Dayton, OH

A happy ending indeed! Thanks for reaching out DRolston! My buddy said he’ll send you a message on Ford Barn. I guess he spends most of his time over there too. Thanks everyone for all your help! Cheers!

Ford52PU and lothiandon1940 like this.
  23. Sometimes this place just amazes me.:)

boy_named_sue, GordonC and Just Gary like this.
  24. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A little more than 24 hours to find it! Amazing place we have here!