Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Mad Mikey Accident

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mad mikey, Mar 20, 2021.

1. I just had a horrible accident with the coupe. I have installed a new racing transmission and pulling into my shop the throttle stuck and the car launched into the work bench and wall. The car has a bent axle, steering arm, the radiator pushed into the blower pully , the grill and shell are destroyed along with the vintage eelco tank. And other damage. The shop is a mess, work bench smashed, generator, shop vac, garage wall is pushed out, tools and stuff knocked off the wall, Major carnage. I have a smashed up head and face from hitting the control panel and top of the roll bar and steering wheel. I can not even look at the car and shop right now, feel lower then I have ever felt in years. I can hardly type this out. Its bad.

2. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Do you need medical assistance , thats number one...

Cosmo49, Lil32, Boryca and 8 others like this.
  3. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Holy shit! I thought I was having a heart attack just reading this. The only good thing I can see is that you're still able to type coherent sentences.

weps, Lil32, lothiandon1940 and 2 others like this.
  4. I think I am ok, Just banged up. Thanks for asking.

5. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad to hear Take care of yourself 1st!

6. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

You need to be careful when you bang your head! Take care of yourself first, the rest is just stuff!

Lil32, Blue One, The37Kid and 8 others like this.
  7. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Really sorry to hear about your accident. Is there anything that can be done that will help you?

Lil32, loudbang, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  8. That sucks.
    Take care of those injuries

Lil32, rbrewer, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Man, that was hard to read Mikey!!!
    Listen to J.A. you might think you are fine but give it a day and pay attention to how you are feeling, the rest can wait.
    When I was in my teens my neighbors' brother had a repair shop and this happened to him. The customers' 30 model a pickup with a small block and powerglide had no neutral safety switch and after a tuneup he attempted to bump start the truck from the outside.
    He didn't get hurt luckily, but his cement block building really took a hit.
    Feeling for you Mikey!

11. It can all be fixed! As long as you are alright! You should get checked anyway. Best wishes.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

Lil32, TFoch, belair and 7 others like this.
  12. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man Mikey, so sorry to hear this. Take some time to heal yourself physically. When you have the time, consider this as an opportunity. Not an opportunity that you wanted; but one you now have. You can't change the past but you can still make plans for the future. If you have insurance, use it. If you don't, then recovery will be slower but can still happen. What ever you do, don't give up on yourself or your project. We all make mistakes, big and small. We all suffer the consequences of accidents and things that are not our fault. What really makes us is how we respond.

Your Coupe is a really cool car and it can be again, even if a little different. God bless.

Lil32, Blue One, rbrewer and 6 others like this.
  13. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Dang Mike, I'm really sorry to hear, that's a shame. But it's all repairable. I hope you're OK.

Lil32, Blue One, rbrewer and 5 others like this.
  14. grumpy65

grumpy65

First up, take heed of the previous posts, and make sure YOU are ok.

Take a step back and get your breath back. Many here have watched and followed you along your journey with the coupe. You have impressed us all with your vision and capability. This is just the next step in the journey. An unexpected one for sure, but nothing you can't handle. You have already proven that you can do it. You've got this man. You will make it right. We all know you well enough to have no doubt about that...................

Lil32, Blue One, Spoggie and 6 others like this.
  15. go see a doctor....

safetythird, Lil32, Blue One and 11 others like this.
  16. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

The good news is you’re able to write about this. Keep an eye on yourself and hopefully there’s someone there to help keep an eye on you too.
    Any doubts: get yourself checked out.
    The car can wait. Confident it will once again be a beauty

Lil32, Blue One, TFoch and 5 others like this.
  17. get your self checked out , sorry it happened.. buy it all can be fixed in time..
    go take care of yourself to be safe...

pitman, Lil32, Blue One and 4 others like this.
  18. Damn that sucks big time. Glad you are OK. As others have said, take care of yourself first.

Lil32, Blue One, chevy57dude and 5 others like this.
  19. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Oh man! Hang in there Brother. You'll be be back stronger and the car will be even better.

Lil32, Blue One, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  20. Dude, that is tough to read. You have such a bitchen car, I feel ya.

Lil32, rbrewer, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  21. Tough to read, and feel bad for the setbacks you face. As many said, ensure your health is not one of the setbacks.

Sent from my SM-A102U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Lil32, Blue One, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  22. AHotRod

AHotRod

Holy Cow Mike
    I'm so sorry

Lil32, Blue One, rbrewer and 5 others like this.
  23. Sorry to read....god speed to recovery !

24. grumpy65

grumpy65

When you have made sure you are ok, make a list of what you need and post it up here. I'm sure there will be some help if you need it...

Lil32, Blue One, hotrodjack33 and 5 others like this.
  25. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Damn Mike, I'll reiterate what everybody else has already said, time to swing by the Doc's and let him have a look see, can't mess around with a smack to the noggin....everything else will work itself out. Look at it this way, you've got another spring/summer project now. It'll be a pain in the ass but you'll get everything back to where it was....if not better. Take care man.

26. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Go to the ER NOW!!!!!! Concussions are nothing to play with, nor is the possibility of a blot clot in your head! The car will be fine, as well as the shop stuff.

pitman, Lil32, Blue One and 10 others like this.
  27. Fordors

Fordors

The best advice has already been given, listen to it and get checked out. And do post what you might need, you never know what might turn up.

Lil32, Blue One, rbrewer and 4 others like this.
  28. Thanks everybody. Got checked, have a concussion . cut on head and bruises. I live alone so I have to check in on myself. Feel sick. Want to look at the car but can bring myself to right now. I will be needing parts , thats for sure.

swade41, Lil32, INVISIBLEKID and 22 others like this.
  29. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Take care of yourself first, the rest can be replaced, you cannot be. We all feel for you .

Lil32, Blue One, J. A. Miller and 5 others like this.
  30. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Well that sucks.
    Get yourself checked out
    Head and neck for sure
    You're going to need take it easy for a while.

Edit: I see you did get checked
    Now rest