Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage EVENT CANCELLATIONS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 12, 2020.

1. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

I read this on “Pews Place” but can’t find any conformation of this cancellation. Where did you find the information?

2. 40Vert

40Vert

It’s on the LA Roadster Club facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.[​IMG]

GlassThamesDoug likes this.
  3. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Thank You for the info. I will pass it on.

4. I didn’t know it’s been going on that long, that’s a few years before I was born. I’ve been going to that swap since the 00’s, sadly it’s pretty small now.

Man, I miss swap meets.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  5. jnaki

jnaki

“For the second time in four years, heavy rainfall sent pieces of California's iconic coastline tumbling into the Pacific Ocean and shut down sections of the famed highway in the area of Big Sur.”

Hello,

Several years ago, the rainstorms played havoc with the California coast. The awesome scenic coastal highway 1 that runs along the big sur coast was damaged and closed for quite some time. Any events in and around the area had to bypass the giant slide into the ocean.

This past week’s powerful rainstorm almost the same thing. It washed away a giant “V” section across the highway, closing down the north south traveling. It is called the Rat Creek Slide.
    upload_2021-1-31_7-48-9.png
    The old slide was larger and this time, the road is closed, but no one knows when it will be reopened. So, the Monterey Coastline to the North and the cities will possibly have some events, but this scenic road trip portion will have to be altered to the inland freeway to go North or South. During the pandemic most events have been postponed until further notice. If 2021 is better than 2020, then we are not out of the problem as yet, so most events will still be closed. Masks or not…
    upload_2021-1-31_7-51-37.png
    The slide is right around the Limekiln State Park and just South of the famous cliffside restaurant, Nepenthe. That is a must for anyone traveling North or South during any time of the year. This year, you will have to get to Carmel/Monterey and drive South, because of the current road closure and slide.
    upload_2021-1-31_7-52-14.png
    SF Chronicle

Jnaki

Our coastal northbound road trips had always included the Highway 1 through this coastal area since 1950 and 1960s . It is 1000x times better than taking the inland freeway. But, if it is heights that are some hindrance, then drive North. Going South the cars are on the cliff side and the drop off is just a mistake away. See below.

upload_2021-1-31_7-52-47.png

6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The 64th annual GSTA rod and custom spectacular held in the coliseum at the Mn state fairgrounds has been postponed until April 9th & 10th, 2022.

GlassThamesDoug and Speed Gems like this.
  7. The 2021 Early Ford V8 Swapmeet at The Fitchburg Mass Airport has had canceled. Looking forward for 2022

patmanta likes this.
  8. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  9. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Well as a vendor and trying to stay upbeat through all these cancellations, There are a few swap meets I have scheduled that are still listed going on:
    Feb 20th 1 day Mopar only meet at Franklin County Fairgrounds in Hilliard Oh (mostly off topic stuff)
    March 6-7th 2 day swap meet at Stark County Fairgrounds in Canton Oh (Mostly drag and race car stuff)
    March 26-28th 3 day Spring Turkey Run at Daytona Speedway Florida (again not like Hershey, but don't be so picky)
    April 8-11th Charlotte auto fair at Charlotte Speedway (decent event for older stuff)
    April 21st-25th Spring Carlisle.
    Hey, keep your chin up...it will get better (I hope)

Tomb66 and jim snow like this.
  10. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

Predictably, March 7 Pomona swap cancelled. next scheduled for April 18

11. dave agosti

dave agosti

Is the 2021 Piston power show in Cleveland cancelled?

12. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Yes. At this point the 2-day AACA swap meet at the Carroll County AG Center in Westminster, March 26-27 is still a go. They have been holding flea markets in this building this winter; and with Covid numbers trending down and vaccinations increasing, let’s hope this event is not shelved again. Fingers crossed.

alphabet soup likes this.
  13. southerncad

southerncad

Portland Swap Meet Cancelled as of yesterday, rescheduled for April 1,2,3, 2022! Sad but not surprising.

14. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

All of these cancellations across the country is sad. Hopefully be able to still go to a few this year.

15. Luke S.

Luke S.
    from Ocala, Fl.

16. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

IX Center closed down, so yes the Piston Power Show is cancelled.

17. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Charlotte April Auto fair has been cancelled.

18. paul nervo

paul nervo

Well that sucks. We were hoping to move forward this year. Thanks for the update. I hope Run to Sun still goes on.

19. RetroPetro

RetroPetro
    from Jersey

23rd Annual Metro Petro Collectors Show is on- outdoor vendors only this year due to imposed restrictions. Metro postcard 2021 a.JPG

20. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Where did you see this? Their website says it's still going on, I just contacted them about space availability and they said nothing about the event cancelled April 8-11th?

21. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Oops guess you are correct, went to AACA website after I posted this and YES Charlotte April event IS CANCELLED...I stand corrected

22. chuck Pisconski

chuck Pisconski

Ty-Rods Spring Swap Meet at Stafford Springs Speedway in Connecticut has been cancelled.

23. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just heard yesterday...Salem NJ (Cowtown) swap meet postponed.
    No new date yet.

24. young51

young51

Both the Goodguy's Spring get together in March and the Summer get together in June have been cancelled in Pleasanton. Alameda County is planning to use the fairgrounds for vaccine distribution according to GG. They also cancelled their planned March Del Mar show and moved it to later in the fall.

25. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

26. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

The AutoFair has been cancelled. The Hornets Nest Region is holding the antique car show at the Embassy Suites nearby to the track.

27. Many mandates on businesses in Texas are rolling back starting March 10th. I'm not sure how this will affect the return of venues like outdoor car shows and swap meets for the coming season. Local counties and cities could still impose some restrictions.
    I've heard that Mississippi is doing similar rollbacks.

28. I just cancelled an upcoming trip to TX. What is the Gov thinking?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    ahshoe, MMM1693, jnaki and 3 others like this.
  29. ahshoe

ahshoe

Just got confirmation today that the All Ford Spring Swap, sponsored by the Mid Ohio Ford Club, in Columbus Ohio has been cancelled.

30. ozzman

ozzman
    from orange, ca

thanks for the info:(