Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 46-48 Dodge/Plymouth Glass Interchange

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Racingsnake, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Racingsnake

Racingsnake
    from So Cal

I have a '47 Dodge club coupe that needs windshield, door and rear glass. I know of a '48 Plymouth club coupe being parted out - will the glass be the same? I think the windshield and rear window will be but not sure about the door glass.

2. BJR

BJR

Is it all flat glass? If so any glass shop can cut you new windows.

3. Racingsnake

Racingsnake
    from So Cal

The back glass is curved. I’ve also found glass shops don't seem to put as nice a finish on the door glass edge as stock so I’d like to use factory glass.

4. goldmountain

goldmountain

Where are you from? If we are dealing with a Canadian Dodge D24, it all interchanges.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. gene-koning

gene-koning

I was just on www.bobsclassicautoglass.com and they list both a Dodge club coupe and a Plymouth club coupe, but the prices between the two are different. That tells me something is different between the two. Some pieces may interchange, but they are listed as different full glass packages.

I just got glass from them for my 49 Dodge pickup, the glass looks and fit perfectly. The glass was cut and the edges were finished much better then the local guy that used to do my glass, and about 1/2 the price as the local guy. I bought all new rubber for the glass from them as well. Price wise was a bit cheaper, or about the same, as other options. Check them out. Gene

6. Racingsnake

Racingsnake
    from So Cal

Thanks Gene, I’ll check them out.

7. George

George

rear window id different between the Dodge coupe & the 2 dr Plym sedan....Think the Dodge is a bigger car,

8. ras

ras

Hope this helps, dodge wshield.jpg ply wshield.jpg dodge back glass.jpg ply back glass.jpg the pictures are from my 1950's Flat Rate Manual. I also have no idea if Dodge & Plymouth would share part numbers on like parts.

9. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

all glass 1946 to early 49 dodge, desoto, and chrysler interchange........plymouth does not, it is smaller than the other three. Also the club coupe rear glass is different from the bizzy coupe even though it looks close it will not fit. So rear window on dodge, desoto and chrysler club coupes interchange, not the business coupes or the plymouth coupes.

Flat Six Fix likes this.
  10. Racingsnake

Racingsnake
    from So Cal

Awesome, thanks guys!

11. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

As Frankie E said, 1946 to 1949 1st series Plymouth and Canadian D25 Plym.bodied Dodge.
    Coupe Bodied
    Windshield flat glass
    Side windows including vent flat glass
    Rear window curved glass 1 type for club coupes, biz coupes, 1 type for seedans...

12. gene-koning

gene-koning

46 to the early 49 Plymouth business coupes (USA) have a flat rear glass. The club coupes have a curved rear glass, but its different then the curved rear glass from the sedans from the same years. Gene