Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Hallock Windshield Frames

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jhtrlake, Dec 17, 2020.

1. jhtrlake

jhtrlake
    from Michigan

Has anyone used the OBrian Truckers version of the Hallock windshield frame for a model A? I read that it is the Steve Sellers molds but wanted to see if anyone has used and what is the fit and quality.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. J2X

J2X

I tried a Haddock but found it took too much fishing around to hook it properly

kevinrevin and panheadguy like this.
  3. h8to wrk

h8to wrk

I have been interested to know if anyone has used them. Thinking about it for my 31 roadster.

4. rustisgold

rustisgold

IMG_2389.JPG
    My windshield is from sellers, I had 2 of them and they both fit the car differently. Based on this I’d say that most likely no 2 frames will be exactly the same figment wise. I will however say that I’d way rather deal with O’Brien than sellers- I didn’t have the best of dealings with sellers

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. I’m wanting to fit one of these on my 34, would need to be modified of course. I don’t see it done often. I think it would be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

High test 63 likes this.
  6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I have one for my ('glass) '29, it's a VERY nice piece. No doubt it'll require massaging of the base to fit your cowl, and the cowl made to fit the frame, after you trim the w/s stations and riser off. The body for my car had been shaved and a new cowl top had been made and glassed in, to fit a wood buck for a Hallock style frame that came with it. It's a beautiful piece, I took it to a local foundry thinking I'd have several made and sell to pay for one I wanted to use, but the cost was half again what one cost from O'Brien Truckers.
    Every body will end up being slightly different I suppose, depending on how you shave the top of the cowl. There's plenty of material in the base of the frame to allow some finessing.
    My cowl, made specifically to fit the buck, of course didn't fit the new frame, it seems to be a bit "flatter". I hogged out the corners of the Hallock, to get it uniformly close, and built up some glass on the cowl to make a little reveal to blend to the base. It turned out really nice, and I think ties the two together.
    I'm going to weld the two halves of the frame together, although they fit beautifully as is, and right now are held together with tapered head machine screws through the glass channel. IMG_2436.JPG IMG_1374-2.JPG 638A6335-33B8-411F-B25B-BF089234351F.jpeg

High test 63 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. If you can weld aluminium I think it would be possible to fabricate one from 3mm plate. I made a mock up in 3mm ply for an OT car.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

A Boner likes this.