Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help Identifying Flathead Intake

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by TShelton, Nov 10, 2020.

1. TShelton

TShelton

I recently bought a large lot of shoebox Ford/Flathead Ford parts and this intake was in it. Can anyone identify it. It doesn't have any numbers or a name stamped on it. It appears to be old but I would like to here some input to what it might be. I can't seem to find a picture of one online that is the same design. Being really flat and boxed in with the carb mounts spaced so far apart.

Attached Files:

Tim42 likes this.
  2. arincee

arincee

Kind of looks like an Edmunds. The name on these was on top between the carbs. It wasn't cast on the intake. It was more like engraved into the aluminum. It doesn't much polishing to make it go aw

3. Tim42

Tim42

Looks like a Edmunds .

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Needs a side mount Generator instead of the stock center... a few more buck back then. Not tall but the carbs were better centered over the block intake ports. Some extensions can stick them up if you want. Personally I like that style... but then again I don’t own a flathead.

5. dadsdreamcar

dadsdreamcar

Speedway has a powergen alternator that's shorter to work with the "super duel" intake design. I will concur, it looks like an Edmonds to me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. 42merc

42merc

Edmunds, race style, with 4 bolt carbs.