Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration How many members create albums on their profile page?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Oct 16, 2020.

1. rc57

rc57

2. Stogy and mgtstumpy like this.
  3. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I did before Ryan made it easy to load photos directly to a thread.
    Used to be off site photo storage,
    Then album storage here.
    Now I just load direct.
    Still have lots in my albums.
    Haven't added any to it for five or six years.
    They are kind of window into a few specific years for me.

Stogy, mgtstumpy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

5. Stogy, 41 GMC K-18 and Speed Gems like this.
  6. Great stuff, Danny. Cool shot right here..........2 legends.:) masonshotrods2010008-1.jpg

alanp561, mgtstumpy, wicarnut and 2 others like this.
  7. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

@lothiandon1940 Is each image it's own album? because i thought it was only one. Guess i better go watch the tutorial @Stogy posted.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No you can make several albums...I've actually not ventured into that myself as I've only loaded the one pic...

9. .............You can have multiple images in each album.:)

mgtstumpy and Speed Gems like this.
  10. triumph 1

triumph 1

Same here, it’s been a long time since I’ve added any pictures to my albums. it’s definitely easier to just upload new pics to a post.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. 48stude

48stude

This is GOOOOOOD!!!!
    [​IMG]

12. I have created three recently. I like the idea and will be creating more as I go. I Have a lot od artistic car images that will form part of a very large album.

I will also create one from my father's cars that he had over the years 30's, 40's and onwards.

wicarnut and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Only a couple of albums

14. Your '64 Thunderbolt Recreation is outstanding! Love it.

mgtstumpy and scrap metal 48 like this.
  15. adam401

adam401

Ive got a few albums on my page mostly older stuff. Check them out! Now my pictures usually go to Instagram. Im adamw401 on there

wicarnut and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. wicarnut

wicarnut

Don't know who stated on here, But I like it, "No Pictures, It Didn't Happen" I always check for albums on profile page of a poster when comments are made, stupid/negative type. IMO it gives you an idea who's talking, a real hot rodder/car enthusiast or just another keyboard asshat. I have albums on my page and I enjoy checking out other members history/pictures. I like this HAMB deal and the picture threads are my favorite, next being sharing life's adventures, lot of interesting people here. Everyone Have a Great Day !

17. I have some albums on my profile page but like a lot of you, I kinda forget about them and don't add much. But I did make an edit on one since this thread reminded me that there are albums...

18. I have 19 albums, some have as few as 3 images others like the 1954 Ford Ranch Wagon build album has 400 images. HRP

19. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  20. I'm surprised that so many members are not using all the features Ryan has designed into the site, the Jalopy Journal/Hamb is more user friendly than many of the other sites combined. HRP

21. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

No albums. Never look at anyone's albums. I find a lot of old cars and every time I post a picture I spend time explaining that....no they are not for sale...no I won't give out the owners name and number...no i don't have anymore pics...no I'm not going back to get more detailed pics of vehicles not for sale. Could be me. See my tag line ;)

Blues4U and scrap metal 48 like this.
  22. You, sir, have an impressive collection of photos and an even more impressive collection of experiences. Thanks for sharing.

lothiandon1940 and mgtstumpy like this.
  23. ..........So very true, Danny. You can literally spend hours discovering all that Ryan has built into this site. I have good friends who won't get on here because they say that they can't find anything. I tell them that you have to spend a little time exploring the place to really appreciate it. After 13 years I still find things that I didn't know about.

24. I've got some shots of my rides from the previous century.

bowie and lothiandon1940 like this.
  25. ...........Like this one! Looks like a great '40. 422898-1351649362-92dc5e2d86e55a134b9ec23263435466.jpg

Stogy, wicarnut and partsdawg like this.
  26. It was a great '40 'til I decided to pull the flattie and put in an Olds and hydro. All downhill from there.

lothiandon1940 and triumph 1 like this.
  27. Perhaps I'm some sort of heretic, but I've been called worse. I've chosen to document the building of "The Judge" on an independent photograph platform that has truckloads of options...from image sorting to font selection to description editing to on-site photo editing, etc.,etc.,....

I found it also very convenient to either send links by email or posting on this site or any other site for either my entire collection of over 2,000 photos and videos or just a part of the site in any of the 53 galleries.

And yes a huge percentage of my 49 Ford Coupe would be called "off topic" and most likely would be scrubbed off. I have everything from grandparent's pictures to how to fix a toilet flush valve to visiting a friend's chicken and beef Farm to designing pole barns with 3D CAD software. But 90% of it is related to building the car over the last 8 years.

Here it is:
    https://49fordcoupe.smugmug.com/

And for the record I have learned a lot off of this website over the years also.

OzMerc39 and lothiandon1940 like this.
    lothiandon1940 likes this.