Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Got her to start but won’t idle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Christie, Jun 6, 2020.

1. RMONTY

RMONTY

Rock on lady! Very inspiring....made me get up and get some stuff done!

loudbang and Christie like this.
  2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

If you catching someone looking that close, Ask what their intentions are. ;)

loudbang, 427 sleeper and Christie like this.

3. Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  4. Awesome! Get ‘Er done!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  5. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Run a jumper wire from the battery positive to the coil positive and see if it runs good..

loudbang likes this.
  6. rusty valley

rusty valley

cool v8 logo your bro made, what did he cut it out with? panels look great too, nice job

loudbang and Christie like this.
  7. He sells them on eBay but you can reach him on IG @Chuckt6 He does all kinds, merc logos, rca, the v8’s

loudbang likes this.
  8. IMG_0248.JPG

loudbang likes this.
  9. So I’m switching gears again and working on the wireless entry remote wiring to the two front door poppers. I’m completely lost once again lol. 61704767439__B335967F-E460-4194-8A4F-CD8AA79AE9F5.JPG this schematic may as well be written in Greek, makes absolutely no sense to me. ‍♀️ any advice would be appreciated. I have the solenoids already mounted, just need to wire it all. I’m not planning on using all of the wires. Just the unlocking directly to the two doors.

loudbang likes this.
  10. fresh hops

fresh hops

I would take some tape and label each of the wires based on the schematic. Your going to need to have 12 volts supplied to the poppers, make sure the 12 volts is fused. The system your installing will switch the ground to activate the door popper. I would think this 12 volts needs to come off the battery since you want to activate the doors without a key in the ignition. The relay that connects to the ignition switch looks more complicated than it is, you will need to identify the "on" and "start" post on the back of the ignition switch, Not sure why they want you to put the other red wire on the starter, I have never installed one of these.
    This is not that bad, what do you find complex? understanding the layout or identification of the components?
    You might want to lay out the parts in the same orientation as the schematic.
    Remember this is just a road map, no big whoop!

Christie likes this.
  11. There’s several things I’m confused about. One is , the blue/white and the green/white wires. What do those hook up to? It says lock and unlock.
    Also, the white and brown wires, are those going directly to the switch and then to the solenoids?

I have a switch installed inside the cab to open the doors. I’m confused as to how I would wire them all. [​IMG]

I wired everything as in that drawing I did, but the remote transmitter just makes a clicking noise when pressed, solenoids won’t activate

12. I bought this system so long ago that I can’t find any info online for it either . :/

13. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Your relay is wired wrong.
    [​IMG]
    30- Battery and feed for Button Switch if > (is solenoid getting ground from just being bolted in place?)
    87-Solenoid
    86- signal from Transmitter and signal from Button Switch.
    85- Ground

Ok. Note I've come to this based by your pencil drawing only.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Christie likes this.
  14. Which wires do I have wrong on the relay?

15. Yes, solenoid is ground by being bolted in place. Thank you so much I’m advance for your help!!!! I’ve watched countless videos on you tube and I’m still wiring it wrong ‍♀️I’m literally hanging on your next word on what to do next lol!

16. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Up dated my post so please re-review.

17. IMG_9212.JPG

Like this?

18. I’m confused because If I wire it this way there’s no connection to the solenoid from the button though

19. I wired it this way and nothing happened :(

20. DIYGUY

DIYGUY
    from West, TX

Try putting 12 volts to solenoid and see if it works. Are you using key fobs or not?

21. Yes, using the key fobs. The solenoids work fine with the buttons in the cab, it’s when I add that whole mess of other wires for the transmitter/key fob in, that’s where I’m completely lost. I actually went to take a nap because I got so frustrated lol!!!!

22. DIYGUY

DIYGUY
    from West, TX

It’s too dang hot to do much else!

Christie likes this.
  23. DIYGUY

DIYGUY
    from West, TX

Not to rain on your parade; but, those fobs will need to be programmed to work Specific insstructions from the manufacturer, do you have that info?

24. Very true lol

25. I do have instructions on here for the fobs. But I’m not sure if they need to be programmed. ?? IMG_9220.JPG

26. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

It is in the first instruction on the sheet. Under features. Good luck, Gary:)

Christie likes this.
  27. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Did button at least work?

28. So that means I need to wire it to the ignition and lamps/lights as well? IMG_9220.JPG

And I’m still confused on the two wires (blue/white and green/white) where do those go?

29. I did the wiring on the car, for the ignition, lights etc. but this is just so completely confusing to me. :/