Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Need help to identify these vintage wheels. Thanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nebraska gin, Jul 2, 2020.

1. nebraska gin

nebraska gin

2. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

#2 are Keystones....#3 are pontiac rally...#5 are buick road wheels not 5 on 5"...these are for Skylark and smaller Buicks

3. #1 is Radir, and #4 is Magnum 500 by Motor Wheel. The Magnums in this style were typically used by the OEMs, primarily Ford and AMC.

4. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

I was looking into the #4 wheel set. They are odd in that they are all painted the same in that they look like they were designed to run a trim ring. I think AMC and Mopar used chromed version of these wheels. So I'm thinking they might be Ford use originally. Check the bolt pattern and let us know. I bet you theyre 4 1/2"

5. There were multiple versions of these. Some used a trim ring with a chrome center, some had painted centers with trim rings, some were all chrome. AFAIK all the trim ring versions were OEM applications, the all chrome versions could be OEM or aftermarket as Motor wheel did sell them in the aftermarket. Ford, AMC and Mopar all used a 4.5" bolt circle so that really doesn't narrow it much...

6. RADER, thats the original spelling. The new company just played off that. These wheels were also sold as Mickey Thompson and JC Penny among others. I ran some 14s on my 54 chevy for a while. Dad had them on his 56 in 1964

7. nebraska gin

nebraska gin

I have a mp bolt template and the bolt pattern is close to 4 1/2" but not quite none of the circles f

8. nebraska gin

nebraska gin

Wow, you guys are good!! Thanks for the information. Its hard to find out what they are worth if you don't what they are for sure.

9. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

There is a lot of information stored in HAMB’ers brains. Everyone here is more than willing to share it

Tman likes this.
  10. We also have over 20 years of data here. Now that you know you can use the search and go down that wormhole!
    Sent from my SM-J337V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

1)Radar/M/T / Radir . Radar before the others . Riveted aluminum centers to steel hoop. 2)Keystones3)Pontiac rally wheels4)Debating Ford 5))Buick . Dang thought I posted earlier. Forgot to hit the post button . :oops:

12. nebraska gin

nebraska gin

I have went down so many wormholes trying to sell what we have collected for 30 years - it sure is much nicer and faster to hear all of your advice. :) I'll check out the search tho.

13. Basically - pre 1969 were the solid chrome wheels - after 1969 would come the chrome trim ring on most makes in the 14" size. The exception would be the Ford 14 and 15 inch of 1969/70 and up to I thing 73/74 in the 14" size - BUT - they would have Ford stamped into them on the back of the rim.