Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Tri-City Rod & Custom lost a member last night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 18, 2019.

1. So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. We are in a similar situation in our club. Guys in their 80's, still playing hard. Hopefully we will reach that level in life. Only God knows.

2. This pandemic has turned the world upside down, Brenda is a florist and we have been aware that the funeral homes restrict people from gathering and paying their respects, there are no funeral processions so we are not to drive our old cars to pay tribute to our friends/family. HRP

5ed7d6980bd98.jpg

chryslerfan55, 65pacecar and oldsjoe like this.
  3. tofords

tofords

Sorry Danny sounds like a great man

4. I don't know how to attach the slide show video but Andy had some nice cars. HRP

Video slid show

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. Our ranks are getting thinner every day. Death, while hard, is part of the great circle of creation and part of the Lords plan for us all.

Remember the good times and cherish the time spent with your friend, Danny. I’m sorry to hear of your loss.

6. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

That’s a shame, if the club would be OK with it maybe the members can organize a nice cruise day in his honor and make it a fun day to remember and honor a great hot rodder. Maybe have one of his family members or someone he would trust drive one of his cars along the route. Possibly raise money for his favorite charity or organization in the process.

A few weeks ago we had a cruise by for a local hot rodder fighting cancer, he took a turn for the worse so a cruise was organized so he could sit on his porch and watch the cars drive by, over 150 cars showed up for it, mostly classics with some newer Vettes and Porsche’s thrown in.

He looks like a nice guy in that picture. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  7. We've got a cruise-by planned for Monday evening for one of our fellow rodders. Will be meeting in a parking lot, then drive by his home to acknowledge his family left behind, then out for a short drive. With social distancing in place here in Ontario, we can still honor our friends.

chryslerfan55 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  8. trollst

trollst

Sorry Danny, this is happening all too often to us old farts, the friend I posted about when I drove the road trip woke up two mornings ago, unable to get out of bed. His cancer has gotten to the point that he's hospital bound now and won't be going home. He is a really nice guy, extremely knowledgeable, gonna be a great loss to his friends. I'm glad you could honour him. For those of you who know him, Bob Skilling is in a bad way, not likely gonna last long. My # is 250-295-3818 if you'd like more info. LeRoy.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sorry for your loss, prayers going out to his family and friends.

Bob

10. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Sorry for your loss Danny, just try and remember all the good times. Unfortunately we are getting to the age that this happens frequently.

11. Condolences to all. The big club in the sky gained another great guy. I know my buddy Brad is up there too.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Tri- City R & C members Steve, Mike & I served as half the pallbearers & 3 gentlemen from the Early Ford V8 club made up the other members to carry Andy to his final resting place.

The people at the mortuary said there would be no funeral procession, the only exception was the pallbearers but Andy's son Steve drove his dad's cool Hemi powered Hudson hot rod with his mom and his wife, nothing wrong with using one of Andy's own car for the family car following the hearse.

[​IMG]

One of Andy's grandson's drove his pickup seen in the earlier photo and his other grandson drove Andy's 46 Plymouth coupe.

I drove Brenda's wagon, Steve drove his 51 Ford truck & Mike drove his 41 Oldsmobile sedan, the members of the V8 club drove a 40 ford sedan. a 41 Ford stake bed truck and a '61 Imperial.

I was amazed at the turn out and it was apparent Andy was well thought of, with most gatherings we were required to wear mask and use common sense with social distancing, apparently the minister hasn't had a congregation in a while and the eulogy was appropriate for the man . HRP

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  13. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Has been happening way to often here lately.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. Thank you Gary. HRP