Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Had a car or trailer stolen in California lately?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choffman41, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Just saw this on local police/fire facebook page. No details other than what is shown.
    n.jpg

INVISIBLEKID likes this.
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. Thanks for the links. Didn't realize all the victims had been contacted.

4. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

Anyone with information on his, the chop shop owners whereabouts, I'm gonna make a wild guess and say south.

5. Now, why in the world would you think that?

6. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Wonder if they found the Roadkill Mazdarati ?

slamnfreak likes this.
  7. slamnfreak

slamnfreak
    from Washington

Wouldn't that be something, if they did!

8. That was my biggest concern when I bought my used 20' trailer to haul my Mysterion clone. Read that 30% of trailers in the US are broken into or stolen every year. Then I went to YouTube and saw many videos showing how easy it is to defeat every commercial trailer security device. Thus I made my own security devices.

"Secret" door lock
    safe trailer 1.jpg safe trailer 2.jpg safe trailer 3.jpg safe trailer 4.jpg safe trailer 5.jpg safe trailer 6.jpg
    clean trailer.jpg

Hnstray, Driver50x, The37Kid and 4 others like this.
  9. bchctybob

bchctybob

There's a helluva lot of rural desert real estate in California. I'm sure there's all kinds of stuff going on out there uncaught unless someone provides a solid tip. This doesn't surprise me at all.

10. uncle buck

uncle buck

But you also advertised what was in the trailer. That seems like a invitation for trouble to me.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

da34guy and INVISIBLEKID like this.
  11. tractorguy

tractorguy

And for the perp.......warrant issued......whereabouts unknown......yawn. Previous arrest.......dismissed.......yawn

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  12. Paint silliness on it. Point is make it stand out like a sore thumb so it is un-hideable. Even paint something on the roof so planes can identify it. Doubt a thief would want to try to fence a Mysterion and all the fence-able parts are messed up making them not useable on snything but a Mysterion.

As mentioned, if they want it, they take it, all we are doing is making it irritating for them to do so.

Hnstray and kidcampbell71 like this.
  13. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Phelan area of the San Bernardino high desert has always been home to all sorts of criminal activity. I don't know if your trailer was a flatbed or enclosed but if it was enclosed I'm surprised that they hadn't use it to cook meth in. Enclosed/toyhauler trailers are stolen and used for a mobile meth lab in the middle of no where and then abandoned when the cook is done. Of course the trailer is now trashed/contaminated along with the surrounding desert with all the toxic chemicals dumped on the ground. Glad you and other owners got your stuff back.

14. "In November of 2017, the suspect and his wife Joselyn Gutierrez were arrested for operating a chop shop out of their home in the 11400 boock of Shaphaptian Avenue in Hesperia. Alberto plead not guilty to Buying/Receiving Stolen Property and his case was dismissed" (ie; California) .....Oh come on...well he said he didn't know who put all those stolen vehicles on his property...well then all we can do is take his word for it & turn him loose....

15. You have to live in California to really appreciate the laws. They are letting guys out of jail so the virus doesn't spread but threaten to put you in jail if you get caught socializing. Land of fruits and nuts.

16. Many of the plain white or plain black trailers that are stolen are then turned into "Mobile Meth Labs"

A lot of those meth heads dump the cars off in the woods, just to have the empty trailers!

Mine is custom painted & when not in use is always stored inside my shop. Also during customers transports, I sleep in the truck , so nobody bothers anything.

God Bless & Happy Easter!
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

IMG_20170204_093851867 (800x450).jpg

17. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Is it a good idea to write on the side of the trailer what's inside?

18. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

32 stolen vehicles on the property. Pretty bold. Makes you wonder how many more vehicles had been previously stolen by the ring.

19. Budget36

Budget36

Sure "1954 Corvette inside"....

That'll scare them away:)