Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Ok, ok, I'll start.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BLUSHU, Mar 19, 2020.

1. I want all you fellow Hambers & Hambettes to know that I appreciate the diversion that this site provides in these fucked up times.
    Stay away from the boob tube! 5 minutes max per 8hrs.(or you'll go crazy).
    Now go to the garage and self isolate.
    There's probably beer out there.
    Sure would love to go burn up some of that cheap premium fuel!
    Maybe tomorrow.
    Take care all!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    pitman, HOTFR8, mad mikey and 11 others like this.
  2. rusty valley

rusty valley

i got rid of the tv about 8 years ago. most of it is an insult to your intelligence. get some news and documentary's on you tube, thats it

3. toml24

toml24

Many years ago (not currently) I sold VHS tapes of transferred 8mm color home movies of jalopy races during the 1950's in Southern California. I had a customer buy all 12 hours and he told me he held a "Jalopy moviefest" in his garage. He invited all his buddy's over and he claims they sat through all 12 hours in one day in his garage. That is simply off the charts amazing! I laugh myself silly whenever I think about that. That must have been a incredible day and night!

MO54Frank, mad mikey, Hnstray and 4 others like this.
  4. Stay away from the boob tube you say? What do I do if see boobs on said boob tube ?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. [​IMG]
    Spicoli says he' fine....

6. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

Happy Vernal Equinox!!!

However, it's usual accompanying event, the First Day of Spring Celebration, has been tentatively postponed, till a date to be determined later.

7. Yea, I won’t even step close to a tv lately...

And, this is about as close as I get to social media.

My company is trying to get as many people as possible the ability to work from home in all this mess. I have plenty of work to do at home right now...

53FAFEF2-9511-4DB2-9F8E-E20A4F1972DC.jpeg

MO54Frank, Lil'Alb, mad mikey and 7 others like this.
  8. southcross2631

southcross2631

For those of us that play. Golf is a great way to get away. you are outside and mostly distanced from other people. Beating up a little white ball seems to help.

9. pretty much nothing' has changed in regards to social distancing for me. my associates( if I may use that term to describe them) and I have socially distanced our asses off for decades. In fact it's a wonder we even talked at all....Yet, the communication of ideas and plans, most of which have been totally demented and deranged, in terms of automotive concepts has flourished.....strange....very strange indeed

pitman, catdad49, raven and 4 others like this.
  10. I didn't have much company when I lived in town. Now I get zero, no big deal I really don't like most people anyway.

Been too cold for the shop, am still recovering from frost bite. I spend some time on line, I'll be back in the shop soon enough. Or not.

11. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

I'm an introvert...….Finally someone is demanding what I'm good at, I've been preparing for this my whole life.
    Now go away and please leave me alone.

12. Wanderlust

Wanderlust

495D91DF-1FEF-40BD-9E5E-DBBEFBDF72A5.jpeg Have not had tv for 20 some years, rots your brain. Back out to the garage.

13. I guess being a loner is finally paying off. I don't see much difference in my situation now or before. Social distancing has been my way of life.

weps, cktasto, mad mikey and 10 others like this.
  14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

good that the H.A.M.B. is here to keep us all connected without getting too close and personal - take care

15. topher5150

topher5150

Unfortunately for me my garage consists of an ancient maple tree and a couple of tarps, and it's been rainy and, or cold the whole time. Yesterday I went to Lowe's and got a tap and some more screws and chased the threads in my dash trim. I did some calling around and the two junkyards that would have any parts that I need are either closed or don't have their yards open. Maybe I'll try my dads cousin he probably has most of what I need.

16. raven

raven

That’s what you get for peeing off the front porch...
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

17. C605D1A4-E274-41D9-B5EE-B906768523B4.jpeg BBBC9256-F35A-49FB-A9F3-BACA662AFD1F.jpeg 531D387C-B85E-4AD4-ABE7-8191D84EB2F0.jpeg C55E032C-3864-42B6-BC2A-9135C1AD0FB4.jpeg F6AD85D1-44AB-4470-BDAC-52A84A8B3FEA.jpeg No time for the garage right now
    I’m self quarantine in my new old house!
    Built in 1954 I’m by myself doing renovations
    Ahhh alone with the radio and a hammer
    Good times

18. Just got word today....we will work from home starting next week....yea....but my job is kinda ITish we support stores....like grocery's....and those pesky credit card machines...

19. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WARNING: SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION FOLLOWS

For golfing Hambers that need a diversion, I recommend reading my book, Winter Rules. I think you'll find it pretty damn funny. You can get it on Amazon.

51wg-8maL+L.jpg

Link to book: https://amzn.to/2wnTQUw

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    tb33anda3rd likes this.
  20. Getting crazy out there, call volume at the firehouse is picking up, everybody convinced they have the virus, makes you look forward to getting back to the shop! What do non car people do to keep from losing it?

21. rusty valley

rusty valley

vandenplas, i hope the new house came with a macho garage!

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  22. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tell your she's blocking your view of the TV and go put her damn shirt back on! Women! They don't handle confinement well, makes 'em horny.

23. What makes you think they haven't lost it already?????

24. I only watch later in the evening and most of the time my TV watches me sleep. My little cat actually sits and watches with me, my fat cat in my lap snores...

25. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I don't think there is any where that I haven't peed from, onto or behind at my property.. I think I pooped in the bathtub once..What were we disusing?

26. Speaking from experience are we?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. catdad49

catdad49

Pretty much an introvert and now retired, so the new routine is my old routine. Never watch the news, very rarely watch tv in real time, and I just told the cable company to get lost. Keep your distance, keep your senses and say your Prayers. Later, Carp.

28. clem

clem

they don’t, hence the increase in your calls.........