Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

A guy told me about some old cars on a piece of property he owns and said I could check them out if I wanted to. This is what I found. As you can see they have sit for a while, there are a few parts but nothing great. The one behind the windows is a 53 Buick Super HT. Someone has already robbed the side trim, probably running around somewhere on a chopped Merc. The only one even close to saving would be the ot Buick Electra ragtop, but not a easy or cheap project for sure!! The hubcaps in the picture is just a sample of what is around there, mostly 50's -70's. DSCF0674.JPG DSCF0675.JPG DSCF0676.JPG DSCF0677.JPG DSCF0678.JPG DSCF0679.JPG DSCF0680.JPG

2. Squablow

Squablow

^^ That '55 Chevy handyman would be the ideal donor to make a 4 door Chevy wagon into either a handyman or a sedan delivery. If I had access to that I'd be all over it, even if I had to take it out in big chunks. They all look like parts cars, but they all look like they've got really good stuff to give.

3. The 53 Buick could be worthwhile for parts. I think the glass and some body parts are good for 50 to 53 Cadillac coupes and converts.

Bowtie Coupe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. tinsled

tinsled

Not much to donate left in this donor, though. Looks like even the roof has holes all around the drip rails, not to mention around windows, wheel wells and tail lights... No floors, nor anything to keep it together if you try to move it.
    The nature has taken it back...

chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  5. As much as I like 55 wagons. that one is pretty far gone. I could possible use some of the garnish molding around the windows?

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I usually always look at 55s but I havent really paid that much attention to which one would be the most valuble in comparable condition, I like the 4 door wagons best especially being that it is a wagon, so I do wonder is a non nomad tri five 2 door wagon worth more than a 4 door?
    I bought a rough 4 door wagon once with intentions of fixing it up but got sidetracked on another 55 and it never happened but anyway.....I remember the guy I bought it off of saying
    " That would be a good one to make a sedan delivery out of"
    and I thought, I would never do that, I like what it is a lot better...I personally would come closer to making a opposite conversion:D
    I do like em all but I am curious, Is a 2 door tri five wagon any more valuable on the unbiased market than a 4 door one?

7. Of course a 2 dr will always sell faster and bring more money than a 4 door of comparable cond.

Bowtie Coupe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I would have agreed without question 30 years ago, but I do wonder if anything has changed when it comes to wagons and this day and time? You are probably right but Ive seen some pretty pricey 4 door wags out there.

9. Squablow

Squablow

I'd only be speculating based on the one I had and others I've seen for sale but I would expect a 2 door wagon or delivery project to bring about 2x what the equivalent 4 door wagon would bring. A $4K 4 door project would be $8K for an equivalent 2 door wagon or delivery in the same shape, ect.

The conversion takes a lot of time but it would cut the up-front project car cost in half (or close) to someone who is willing to put in the effort.

And there is definitely enough left of that '55 pictured above to serve as a donor, a conversion doesn't use any of the actual roof skin and you can buy replacement door shells if those prove too far gone. The '55 I cut up to do my '57 conversion was rougher than that wagon for sure.

10. Sitting, rotting and now probably gone from a yard in Oceanside, California.... Oceanside yard.JPG Oceanside yard2.JPG Oceanside yard3.JPG Oceanside yard4.JPG Oceanside yard5.JPG Oceanside yard6.JPG Oceanside yard8.JPG Oceanside yard7.JPG Oceanside yard9.JPG Oceanside yard10.JPG Oceanside yard11.JPG Oceanside yard12.JPG Oceanside yard13.JPG Oceanside yard14.JPG Oceanside yard15.JPG Oceanside yard16.JPG Oceanside yard17.JPG Oceanside yard18.JPG Oceanside yard19.JPG Oceanside yard20.JPG Oceanside yard21.JPG

11. 31 Dodger,...wow, cool stuff, check out the driver's side door on the 50 Plymouth coupe,...it's suicide!

12. Anyone notice the 32 5 window, and the 32 Sedan? And what's up with the suicide door on the Plymouth as rusty1 pointed out?

31Dodger, Spooky, WB69 and 4 others like this.
  13. Some very cool stuff, Lincoln Zephyr coupe, 35 Willys Sedan and love the 38 Studebaker p-Up, but i don't see a 32 5w Coupe.... unless its not a Ford. JW

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  14. scotts52

scotts52

Wow! A town and country convertible. Lots of cool rigs in that one yard

15. Gastrap

Gastrap
    from Tama, Iowa

16. Gastrap

Gastrap
    from Tama, Iowa

17. First photo.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  18. utahdodge

utahdodge

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Which one would you pick? I’m told “we are thinking about selling them all.”

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. I still doubt its a 32 Ford 5w, the A pillars and cowl look wrong. JW

20. Yes, it was a 1932 Ford 5 window coupe body.

21. DAMN.....a Coupe Express Stude....grandpa had one as his shop truck in Sacramento....lotsa good stuff - that was there ?

Spooky and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Nothing real good but a couple of trucks in the local pick a part yards around here. The 54 GMC was stripped but the remainder of the cab wasn't all that bad. The unibody was a short bed. 20190913_120547.jpg 20190913_120539.jpg 20190913_120532.jpg 20190913_120707.jpg 20190913_120730.jpg

23. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

24. xxmarcoxx

xxmarcoxx

25. biggeorge and chryslerfan55 like this.