Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Looks like an R-model binder to me.

Old wolf, rusty valley and egads like this.
  2. In the 1960s, the owner of this Studebaker used to drive over to visit my gearhead uncle. I used to think this was the coolest ride - this guy had someone hand-paint the words "Golden Fantasy" on the rear fenders. He parked it in his back yard a few years later and there it sat until he went into a nursing home a few years ago. As of a few months ago, it was sitting in front of this local body shop, much the worse for the wear. The blurry single b&w photo is from the 1960s when he was still driving the car.

40two, mgtstumpy, nightmoves and 10 others like this.
  3. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

4. rusty valley

rusty valley

by golly, i think lost angel is correct, not a mack but a binder. beg your pardon

chryslerfan55 and LOST ANGEL like this.
  5. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

7. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

YES!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Ron Funkhouser and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Where is the Plymouth at? How on Earth did it sink so far?

9. Not sure. Just a photo I found while surfing the net.

chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  10. oldengine

oldengine

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  11. raven

raven

biggeorge and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. chrisp

chrisp

And most importantly a Renault Frégate:D.

13. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I would rock this Renault station wagon all day long!
    [​IMG]

14. Anyone want to venture a guess what the car could be?

15. It was in the 60's today. So I took a little road trip. I spotted this old Packard. I had to stop and, talk old car talk. Lol The story is, it was bought new by the gentlemen's parents. He starts it up ever so often to keep it alive. A nice guy with a great car and story too. Ron...... 20190311_143238.jpeg 20190311_143736.jpeg 20190311_143653.jpeg 20190311_143332.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

mgtstumpy, Latigo, Bleach and 9 others like this.
  16. Well, the chassis and rear bumper match 1929 Chrysler Model 65, but the cowl doesn't match. Looks like the steering column was messed with, too. 1929 Chrysler coupe green.jpg

17. The engine in the rusty hulk chassis looks like a 1929 Chrysler engine, too.... 1929 Chrysler engine.jpg

40two, mgtstumpy, Bleach and 7 others like this.
  18. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Let's put a Hemi in it!!!

19. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Soon as the snow melts I’ll go out and get some pics of cars I actually see with my own eyes.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  20. rusty valley

rusty valley

cool pics mr ratamahata, keep em commin. whats the story? too close to the sea? dam broke? river changed course?

czuch and j hansen like this.
  21. For decades, Villa Epecuén was a favorite getaway for Argentina’s wealthiest. During its heyday, the town of just 1,500 could accommodate at least 5,000 visitors. This all changed the day a dam broke and flooded the area under 30 feet of water, submerging the town for over 25 years.

Villa Epecuén was founded in 1921 as the most exclusive tourist village in the country. Built around the salty waters of Epecuén Lake, the town thrived off of the many people who yearned for the water’s therapeutic effects. Located some 370 miles away from the city of Buenos Aires, next to the border with La Pampa, it rapidly became one of the trendiest destinations in the country and was especially popular among the rich and famous. Not only was it family-friendly, but it also attracted visitors with the alleged health benefits of its mineral waters, which were said to improve skin and rheumatic conditions.

These waters were often compared to the ones from the Dead Sea and were touted as “miraculous,” further promoting the town as the perfect vacation spot. In the late ’70s, Villa Epecuén had up to 280 businesses, which included hotels, lodges, guesthouses and a wide range of stores that served the 25,000 tourists who visited in the summer months between November and March each year.

Yet, even though officials poured a lot of money and effort into expanding the accommodations, no one focused enough attention or resources on the containment dam that separated the lake from the town.

On November 10, 1985, the dam broke during a storm due to a series of strong winds that made the otherwise calm waters uncontainable. The water rose at a rate of half an inch per hour, and after two weeks the wall gave up for good. Locals had to be evacuated, and homes and businesses were abandoned.

It took almost 25 years for the water to recede to its original level, but even today a few blocks remain underwater. Currently, the town still has streets flanked by half-torn businesses and houses. The great hotels and lodges from yesteryear, surrounded by rusty cars and overgrown trees, make for a post-apocalyptic sight. Nowadays, tourists from all over the world, extreme sports enthusiasts and photographers come visit the ruins of Villa Epecuén.

Sent from my Mi A1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

40two, charleyw, biggeorge and 14 others like this.
  22. rusty valley

rusty valley

great story! thanks for the reply

23. rusty valley

rusty valley

click on the link he provided

24. Not that, anything !! JW

25. chrisp

chrisp

I've got the waggon and the hemi but I'm putting a '60 Cad 390 in mine, it's not a big car to American standard, it's at least 1ft shorter and 5" narrower than a' 49 Chevy.