Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My First Hot Rod

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Idealclassic, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Idealclassic

Idealclassic

The first picture is the dash that was in it. The second is what I’m putting in it. Yes that is a round radio with Bluetooth so I can cruise with tunes. Also came with usb plug I can mount under seat to charge phone. I don’t want anything to stick out.

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmm, the USB might not stick out but that tuner...I like music too but the vintage experience is lost to a degree...can you mount that in the glovebox with a remote fob to switch it on the fly?...wireless stuff makes hiding the new gizmos easier with no lapse in function...

Just an opinion of course...

3. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I must say I like the dash panel that is in it better than the planned replacement! Hiding a radio would keep the look better and more traditional. Just saying :rolleyes: By the way, I love the stance of your rod and the other changes look very good to me!

Finn Jensen, Fitnessguy and Stogy like this.
  4. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

x2... tunes are important and i know you do t want to hear this since you just bought that but it will make it harder to squint on a country road and pretend its 1948

5. 392

Nice ride.

6. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

you had me till the dash change . cool car tho !

HerMink likes this.
  7. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

I think you maybe making a mistake with your dash change, but it is your car and make it what you want. I have a good stereo in my roadster but it is controlled by an old ford radio control. If I can find a picture of my dash I will share it. Gary 27 roadster dash 002.JPG

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Idealclassic I was snooping around and when I saw this I thought of your Roadster...So it actually historically gives a size perspective on a true back in the day lettering...I remember and always get a chuckle over one Hotrod which actually is a Hamber's relative and he has Sex Machine on his cowl...:D

[​IMG]

This pic is on Page 20 of this thread below with Credit to @woodiemike...
    Ideal I encourage you to check this thread out...It is priceless...and Woodie is one of those who truly Did and continues to do the Walk...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/lakes-pictures-p-r-c.943878/

BambooHotrod3.jpg

hfh likes this.
  9. Idealclassic

Idealclassic

More progress today. Finished the wiring up front and moved horn and light switch up from under the dash. Hopefully next week I can finish painting the front end parts.

Attached Files: