Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Official 60-66 C-10 Chevy Truck Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, May 8, 2006.

1. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

I have one of these that I have driven for 17 years. I like these trucks but they do NOT fit into a traditional hotrod/custom forum. This forum has really gotten away from its purpose and is allowing many types of cars that do not belong.

Slazzen said, the HAMB needs a streetrod forum. Yeah and an 'everything else' forum, too.

jchav62 likes this.
  2. All real good trucks yaaaah

my 60 shrt big window need some finishwork no pics yet...
    6 split ex running jeep alum wheels big littles not lowered yet
    have nos painted grill would like a chrome one

have found a 60 series chrome +rusty with the 60 emblem tho

anybody tried to put late small (cavilier) model headlites in the eyebrows ?

3. Eryk

Eryk

Just took some pics this afternoon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. mugsy

mugsy
    from San Diego

Sorry, just couldn't let this thread die. Finally got my truck ready enough to take pictures. I was still turning wrenches until 9:00 am or so on Friday morning so I could drive it to Paso. And it's a C20 not C10. Bit more of a challenge finding good wheels/tires.
    [​IMG]

5. Eryk

Eryk

I saw your truck parked by the theatre on saturday. I was checking out the grill.

6. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

That truck is looking good Mugsy. Gives me hope for my C-20.

7. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

8. "HOTROD"

"HOTROD"
    from Seattle

The 65 GMC is a SWB project that's on the back burner, I've redone all of the front brake parts, and replaced the underhood wiring and electical components, It has a Chevy 350 and 3 on the tree,

The green 65 Chevy, LWB has been my daily driver for the last 10 years,
    it has a hopped up 283 and 4 speed,

the pic of the 2 of them together is in front of my garage that I just finished remodeling so I can work on my 30 Model A coupe project now!

Dan

Attached Files:

9. mugsy

mugsy
    from San Diego

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with how the grille turned out.

Zealot, like I said, the hardest part is wheels and tires. There are 15" 8 lug rims but, they're either retarded looking or too wide. In a 16", you've pretty much gotta do radials. The 6.00-16 is good overall diameter but too skinny. The 7.50-16 is good width but too tall. I decided on 8.75-16.5 Denman's. Good size tire for these trucks I think. [​IMG]
    -David

10. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

this one is coming along really nice. belongs to Low66

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine is just a pile of parts right now...

12. jon_p

jon_p

'64 longbed c10. Not as low as others, but some body changes to make me happy. Now If only I could get it assembled again...

Attached Files:

13. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

I dig those tires. Nice choice. Ill have to pick your brain one of these days. Sweet grille too bro.

14. This is such an interesting point of view. Seriously.

I do understand and appreciate it as well. I look at the HAMB for the variety of great cars done in the tradional sense as it has evolved over the years. Thanks Ryan for all you do and your crew too.

MANY sweet rides have been shown here to those of us who can only dream of ever being behind the wheel of such a car.

As it turned out I have been working on old Chevy trucks for too many years now and I still do. Having said that I also love to see what's on the HAMB when I'm done in the garage.

While I'm up, I'll say the HAMB is incredibly fascinating to say the least. I've been peeking in for years and occasionally post too. I'm usually very entertained by the wit (germ used to frigging kill me/should have been an author) and so impressed with the wide range of creativity that abounds here. Think about it for a second. There are some very special people here folks.

I've been over to the Showdown... they even let me and my 62 C10 in for the show. Thank's Larry. You and your Showdown rock. Met Clark (incredible builder), Duck, Tommy (cool), Fuzzy, etc. etc. ALL VERY NICE PEOPLE.

I've had a truck or two from this series and I still love to see them. Hats off to all you for your hard work and the balls to "invade" with a pic or two. I enjoyed the peek and some of these trucks are really cool as hell with some good ideas too. (taking notes)

You could post them at a truck site and you should too, but the HAMB feels right doesn't it? Like your favorite chair.

I have a 64 C10 short step that will be a 283/4speed in black primer (because I like it, can afford it, and mostly because I don't know how to paint yet).

I also have a 63 GMC shortfleet waiting in the wings for it's turn (brown primer I think).

I'd still really like to see your truck if you ever get time to post a pic or two. Perhaps I'll even follow your lead with a pic of mine as well.

What the hell, it's all for fun right... sorry to go on like that.

Remember our Veterans!!!

15. My grandfather always had one and when I was a kid, we traveled the world with my mom and dad in a 1966 GMC with a Chasis mounted camper. Here are some pics of my 62. I hope to get it back together for my son when he is 16.( he is 13 on Satarday). Time to drag him away from mom and get his fingers dirty.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. specialk

specialk

Here's mine (actually, my 17 y.o. son uses it as his daily)

Attached Files:

17. Mugsy,
    Where did you get the bullet center caps at? :) I've been looking for a set of bullet center caps that will fit the stock rims on my '62.
    TIA,
    David

18. jasonrmorrow

jasonrmorrow
    from Calgary

Wow i know someone whose gonna be excited to see his truck in someones post...heres a few more pics of that little blue and white airbagged stepside...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. mugsy

mugsy
    from San Diego

I got 'em at Go Kat Go. http://www.go-kat-go.com/
    I had 'em on my '54 Pontiac hubcaps and put 'em on the truck for some added chrome since everything's black. Using that size, you have to modify the anchor nut inside so you can fit 'em over the dust cap.
    -David

20. blue57ford

blue57ford

There are some nice trucks here. I wish I had one. These years are good looking though I am partial to the wrap around windshield years.

21. Thanks David. :)
    How do I go about modifying the anchor nut?
    TIA,
    David

22. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

Heres a picture of my latest purchase a 65 Chevy 3/4 ton Longbed.

Attached Files:

RustyDogg likes this.
  23. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

My '62 Suburban.
    Drove it 1,000 miles home and have driven it every day since (about 4 months now). There isn't a straight panel on it, and more than 50 misc. holes have been drilled all over it to mount mirrors and other junk, but it's 95-percent rust free; front floors, and the bottom inch of the driver's quarter behind the wheel opening.
    Plans call for some lowering, suede black and white paint, an interior, power steering and disc brakes, and BBC/Turbo 400 to tow my '57 Chevy race car.

-Brad

Attached Files:

RustyDogg likes this.
  24. mugsy

mugsy
    from San Diego

Brad54,
    That sounds just like my truck. It was unbelievable how many holes there were.

leadfooted,
    I basically cut it, added some metal to make it deeper and reattached all with small sheet metal screws. Might make more sense if you were looking at the inside of one.
    -David

25. lostinthe60s

lostinthe60s
    from Midwest

DiRtY SanChEZ ---See Ya in INDY YA ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

26. Dooce

Dooce

here are some pics of a truck i might be buying soon. is this anyone's on here? if i dont buy this one, it will be one like it and be done like this one.

its a 66 c20 with 283 and 4 on the floor. cut springs in front and i think blocks in the back. looks awesome.

Attached Files:

27. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

Right on bro. Welcome to the C-20 club. Not to many of us, but we few are proud.

28. mugsy

mugsy
    from San Diego

Hey weldit,
    Curious to know what tires those are on the C20.
    The front end geometry looks pretty jacked. Too much coil cut without the use of spindles I'm guessing.

29. NORTH30FORD

NORTH30FORD

Here's mine this last March. Maybe Santa will bring a garage this year.

Attached Files:

30. NORTH30FORD

NORTH30FORD

One from the front...

Attached Files: