Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Finally happened

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coilover, Dec 12, 2018.

1. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

Always read about ones running onto a fantastic barn find or scoring a super deal but have never had a horse shoe in my butt like lottery winners and others. Finally a guy came by the shop and asked it I needed three 5hp compressors--cheap. Told him not really and he then noticed my 34 Chevy Master 5w coupe and asked if I needed another one like it. I asked if it had steel running boards which he didn't know. The guy had bought what had been a boat/storage facility to re-develope and had put the required post in the paper for people to come and move out their stuff. What was remaining had not been reclaimed. My nephew and I went down to look at the 34, which turned out to be a 2dr with fiberglass running boards and 1 $1200 price (bad wood) so I got back in my pickup to wait on my nephew who was checking out the underside of the 34. He came back and said to pull 1200 out of my billfold because the 34 had a Progressive Automotive chassis under it; probably runs in the 12k to 15k price range. PA chassis is now under my coupe and home made one under the 2dr. Only took about 50 years to make a "score".

treb11, belair, czuch and 11 others like this.
  2. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Good one too! Maybe you should price what else is there

Hnstray likes this.
  3. brady1929

brady1929

Congratulations

4. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Cool! How about some pictures of your score and your coupe?

And I suppose running boards for these are like hens teeth??

Blue One likes this.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

x2

6. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

8. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

Okay guys,
    Here are my THREE termite farms. My coupe being re-done for the third time (bought in 1967 for $600) and started out with a 215 aluminum Olds Jetfire engine, then a 4 cam Mercury Marauder 4.6, now a 400 sbc, and a future Hamb unfriendly 5.3. After a 400 one that gets over 20mpg will be welcome. Decided to give it a major face lift to go along with the snazzy chassis. The blue one is a regular 2dr and factory stock. The last one is called a town sedan and has an integral trunk---a bit rare and kinda reminds me of a Ford Victoria. This is the one from the storage facility that has now had a lot of work done on it.

IMG_4685.JPG IMG_4686.JPG IMG_4688.JPG IMG_4689.JPG IMG_4686.JPG IMG_4687.JPG

9. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

And now you know why I don't post pics. The double shot of the town sedan was supposed to be a rear view of my coupe. 82 years and high tech don't jibe.

10. Good score. I could never understand why people put valuables in storage and then forget about them. Maybe dementia or death I guess. Wish I knew were I left my 59 Vette......

11. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like you can put golf clubs in the trunk of the town sedan. :D