Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curbspeed Coupe. "Holy Hell" 10/4/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Dec 19, 2010.

1. verde742

verde742

'68 Volks convert is very similar, and looks old.....[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Shadow Creek and loudbang like this.
  2. I got up on the roof of my house to take those pictures Tim. I wanted to get the full effect of the flamed insert.

brEad, Stogy, Shadow Creek and 2 others like this.
  3. As much as I looooovvvvee the outside .... that tasty interior is even more heart throbbing. Great f#cking job man !!!

brEad, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  4. IMG_1274.JPG Give it a rest Rob. Is your interior done yet? I'm ready to see that. Just look at the wicked curbspeed of that aerial.

5. Thanks man, I have yet to put a bunch of really neat stuff inside yet. I have to get the battery/future A/C box behind the seat area. When that is in I can set the seat track in and seats/grab bar. I'm really happy with the way things are going. Got to keep pushing. Good things are about to happen.

6. catdad49

catdad49

Looks like it's got a lot of neat stuff in their already! Staying tuned.

brEad and loudbang like this.
  7. Hooked up battery cables yesterday and I am finishing the fuel lines up today. Then on to wiring and firing.

8. brianf31

brianf31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm digging that exhaust.

What fuel tank are you running?

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  9. Fuel tank is a antifreeze tank off a Vietnam era plane. 20 gallons. IMG_1288.JPG IMG_1287.JPG Rob the window garnish moldings are painted red to match everything else. Finished fuel lines completely today. I just need a fuel pressure gauge and I'll be set. Battery, Battery box/AC box(future) and cables are done. Tomorrows job is making up spark plug wires using Seal Tight plug ends and making up my Mallory cap. Then I'll start on wiring my EZ wiring kit. Glass is not cut yet. I still need to make up some patterns. I have two patterns done for the quarter windows. I'm picking off my list. My goal is to fire by the 1st of August.

mgtstumpy, AHotRod, brEad and 6 others like this.
  10. loudbang

loudbang

Car looks great and it was fun following your build. :)

But the car would be much safer if before you did any "testing" like burnouts :rolleyes: and if you can make some time if you replace the rubber fuel hose in the bellhousing area and rear of the carbs with some steel fuel lines. ;)

2.JPG

11. Copper lines are right below this. Firewall to filter needs to be flexible. Rubber hose down toward frame is getting some flame resistant heat shield line wrap near header. It will be safe. I don't want a fire as well. Thank you though. I appreciate it.

509garyd, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  12. Rob, I have not contacted Pat Swanson about the gauge. He's too high priced on stuff.

Xman and loudbang like this.
  13. End of the month.

14. Tonight's progess. Seat track, seats ,grab bar/armrest, NOS seatbelts from 1953. Wiring starts on Sat. IMG_1292.JPG IMG_1290.JPG IMG_1293.JPG IMG_1294.JPG

mgtstumpy, kiwijeff, Tuck and 12 others like this.
  15. loudbang

loudbang

DAM getting better and better :)

enloe, ls1yj, brEad and 3 others like this.
  16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The talent involved in the membership leaves my jaw on the floor many times...this is one of those moments...maiden voyage soon @curbspeed...

brEad, curbspeed and loudbang like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Careful that could provoke a new antenna location...:D

18. Don't tempt me bitch! Ha! I might just do it.

loudbang, 509garyd and Stogy like this.
  19. HA! HA, I knew I could get a rise out of you Roberto!

loudbang likes this.
  20. I've been under the dash all morning. It's slow going. My buddy from work who is our mechanic was going to help me this weekend but he's moving into a new house. I was hoping to start it but I'm behind the schedule. Maybe tomorrow

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Very well done and well thought out. Congrats!

curbspeed likes this.
  22. CGkidd

CGkidd

Stogy likes this.
  23. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

curbspeed likes this.
  24. AHotRod

AHotRod

The Coupe looks Spot-On !

curbspeed likes this.
  25. Working on it again. I took a little break to catch up on my honey-do list. Should have an update after this weekend.

CGkidd, bct and Stogy like this.
  26. Getting glass put in it at the moment. Raised the rear by adding leaves back into it. Next thing is to address front axle issues. Problems all around. Just taking them one at a time and not getting to excited about anything.

brEad, loudbang, ls1yj and 5 others like this.
  27. Got a couple pieces of glass in today. Back roll down window(hard to make work on a chop this hard) and a 1/4 window. I'm going to do some paintwork to make them look better later. Ok for now. The white behind the red garnish moldings will go away soon. IMG_1477.JPG IMG_1475.JPG IMG_1473.JPG IMG_1474.JPG

mgtstumpy, kiwijeff, brEad and 6 others like this.
  28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:

W O W

Stunningly Awesome Hotrod

Not much better than front row seats from my standpoint...

Won't take very long to roll that window down...:D

loudbang and curbspeed like this.
  29. alchemy

alchemy

Does it take about a quarter turn of the rear window winder to lower it all the way?

brEad, Stogy and loudbang like this.