Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods "THE WALL OF SHAME"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by duncan, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Deee-lux!!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Fordor Ron, loudbang and Bleach like this.
  2. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Did somebody say an inch of mud. Plastic tubing for grille bars. See the carpet hold down with the barbs on it. Scan0354.jpg Scan0386.jpg Scan0387.jpg

3. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Luckily this never made it on the roads of America. A shortened frame. Scan0690.jpg

mgtstumpy and loudbang like this.
  4. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

More mud and metal laid over the top of existing metal. One door weighed 13 pounds more than the other. Both were very heavy. Scan0740.jpg Scan0741.jpg

mgtstumpy, brad2v and loudbang like this.
  5. Nobey

Nobey

I'am laughing so hard, I have tears in my eyes..... Good stuff Guys.

vetteguy402 and loudbang like this.
  6. Oh wow!! The shit I posted looks pro, compared to this stuff.

j hansen, loudbang and 56don like this.
  7. Johnny99

Johnny99

Panhard bar "mount"
    DSC00681.JPG DSC00680.JPG

mgtstumpy, chriseakin and loudbang like this.
  8. See this nice 63 starfire? When I bought it as asked the owner "Did you cut the rear coils to lower it?" and he said "Er...yeah"
    Got it home and looked in the trunk to see it was full of busted up concrete blocks!
    63starfire.jpg

mgtstumpy, junkjunky, brad2v and 2 others like this.
  9. I got someone in the U.S. to check out a 48 Chevy Fleetline for me, car looked good, lowered, etc. When he went to the guy's address, he got there in time to see the owner taking out 4 X 50 lb bags of cement "lowering kit"from the trunk.
    I drilled into a "C" pillar once, and was greeted by a fine white powder. Thinking I had hit a couple of kilos of Columbian gold, I kept poking around until I figured out what I had just found - Dry, white bread, with a layer of bog over the top, and painted. Should have used that high-fibre stuff instead, they say it's good for you.

brad2v and loudbang like this.
  10. I was told a story by my late cousin many years ago that a friend of his was fixing a dent so big that he used a loaf a bread as filler and then spread bondo over it.

loudbang likes this.
  11. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

That straight 8 exhaust is a true high flowing exhaust you know... LOL

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  13. 62rebel

62rebel

The more I see, the better I realize I am at what I'm doing even though I often don't have a fuckin' clue

BigO, vetteguy402, Saxman and 2 others like this.
  14. I'm no mechanic and that scares the hell out of me!

Sent from my Pixel XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Tomincanada and loudbang like this.
  15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Those square-tube headers on that blown tunnel ram are pretty sweet...:confused: Bet they flow like the wind.

Fordor Ron, loudbang and 62rebel like this.
  16. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Ive done just about everything the wrong way! Oh well I,m having fun! IMG_3077.JPG

46Chief, mgtstumpy, benke and 5 others like this.
  17. More like breaking wind IMO.

loudbang, flatheadpete and 62rebel like this.
  18. 62rebel

62rebel

Where are your booger welds? Bundles of mechanic's wire, or better, coat hanger wire? Pieces of 2x4? Cushions off the couch your neighbors threw out?

19. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

20. topher5150

topher5150

2x4's were covered on page 2:D

21. Welded Tie rod end,, IMG_4601.JPG

mgtstumpy and loudbang like this.
  22. How about a lawn chair?

[​IMG]

mgtstumpy, loudbang and 57JoeFoMoPar like this.
  23. I've seen this kind of stupidity in the past, I was working with the NSRA safety teem in Knoxville, Tennessee and a guy from Virginia wanted to get his car inspected, when we saw it we ask did he trailer it to the show and he said no he drove it from Virginia.

This was a wreck waiting to happen, he had bought the car and never looked under it.

We sent him to the MHRA Rod repair shop and they spent several hours making the car safe to drive, those guys a the great unsung heroes at the individual shows they attend. HRP

24. Lots of good ideas here, can't wait to get back to the garage and try some of them.....o_O

Oilguy, 62rebel, RICH B and 12 others like this.
  25. RDE

RDE

LOST ANGEL likes this.
  26. Thats badass!

belyea_david and brad2v like this.
  27. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

no pix but a bigshot riddler builder from Tenn put the seats in a guy's car by velcroing them to the carpet. crap job....

loudbang likes this.
  28. '50 Chevy I had had been redone by someone ages ago.

I knew it was bad but since it looked okay I was working on making it a driver.

The right rear fender had an obvious vertical 4 inch gap where two layers of metal didn't meet and had been sort of matched up with filler, I presumed the guy cut panels out of a 4-door to patch it up. The wheel arches didn't match side to side, let alone to correct, and I could see a couple layers in there.

The front fenders the headlight areas had as much as an inch of filler over pop-riveted pieces and he'd started redoing the bottom panel below the trunk the same way, riveting on little squares to lay filler over, but never finished. Where they like to rot over the splash guard, one side also had a patch. And it looked like he'd changed the front clip save the hood and both doors from at least two donor cars.

I ended up selling it to a guy who took it apart to do right and he took this big jagged shaped patch panel out of one side, I wish I'd saved the pictures, it was the damnedest thing I ever saw. It didn't even make sense how much of the fender it covered, both sides had been patched way up high, the right side up to where the trim went around it.

On the bright side, he has the car almost finished, although with a custom chassis and a Corvette suspension and drivetrain in it. Chopped it, too.

loudbang likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.