Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Painted the 351 that will be going in the F100.

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  2. NOTHING! Weather is for crap today, Sunday hot humid and rain on and off.:mad: I take that back, I did cut new line for my weed wacker. :p Also straightened up my work bench so I could see it.:rolleyes:

61Cruiser, bob b. and Deuces like this.
  3. IMG_20180722_120950015.jpg Took the Chevy for ride. Through town then blasted around the country side a bit. Some guy in a Toyota shook his head at me. Laughed at him, too funny to even flip him off!

4. Deuces

Deuces

I would've flipped him off.... :cool::D

Metaltwister, pat59 and chevy57dude like this.
  5. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got the last of the exhaust parts put together on the '37 coupe. And, I watched a couple of roofers nail tar paper all around my house and detached garage. A pretty good hailstorm happened Thursday afternoon and beat the crap out of both roofs. Several hailstones were the size of baseballs and most were golf ball sized.

The insurance adjuster is coming in the a.m. That ought to be interesting.

6. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cleaned off the work benches, moved the woodworking equipment out of the way so I could get on to my next project, decided the whole shop needed cleaned up, got out the leaf blower. Forgot about the 400 mph air blast coming out of the thing, tripped over something that was in the way, air hit the open half full 5 gallon bucket of old motor oil and blew oil all over the shop. Cleaned up that mess, and me. Started up the 46 Merc that has been sitting outside while I'm trying to get organized, backed it down the driveway and forgot about the stump. Got out and turned the air blue around me while I looked at the damage I'd just done to the right rear fender. Put the Merc back in the shop, closed the doors. Not one of my better days.

7. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Probably good that you passed on cleaning your firearms.

8. WTF really

WTF really

Wow what a day. On the good side the car is back inside.

Metaltwister likes this.
  9. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Tore down and inspected this y-block after a 15-20yr slumber in someone elses care. Seems to be okay. New timing chain, dust off the oil pump plate on the surface grinder, lap valves and throw it together and hope for the best. It's just an interim engine until I find time to build another. I would like to hit at least a few fall shows this year with my Unibody.... 20180723_100917.jpg

10. X-cpe

X-cpe

Wouldn't want to stop you from counting to 21.

11. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

went to garage,
    uncovered the '57,
    looked at thermometer in garage... 109 @ 11:00
    covered '57 up,
    seeing what is on T V now.

12. Sorry to learn of your terrible experiences. That just sucks. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

alanp561 and chevy57dude like this.
  13. Right now, it is extremely hot and humid, quite unusual for this neck of the woods. I am almost finished clearing the ground for the garage footings and foundations.
    I have learned that I have don't have the stamina I once had, and managed to work myself to exercise induced exhaustion. I couldn't keep a teaspoon of water down for two days.
    It wasn't a lack of water, and it was scary. As a result, I am taking more rests, and have dialled back my total output for the day.

Regarding the new engine for the 55, I sorted through my options, and have decided to go with the 454, and stay with my old faithful TH400, with the Transgo comp shift kit, Hone-O-Drive overdrive, and 12 inch 3.73 rear end.
    I have a 9 inch 31 spline that needs narrowing, so I have decided to get the truck back on the road before I swap the rear ends again.
    I have also decided to stick with the stock front Chevy axle.
    Old age sucks out loud.
    Bob

Metaltwister, alanp561, F&J and 3 others like this.
  14. Cooler, in the mid- to upper 80s, and cloudy, so I got to work on the floorboards in the '29AA. My work is crude and asymmetrical, but it will be solid when I'm done, covered in insulating mat and provide as much room as possible in an already cramped cab. I've also been working on a tilt column. Both projects have been long-time work, but I'm getting these cheap, time consuming things out of the way while I save up to rebuild the 351 Windsor. Someday.

15. Progress in any form is far better than a stagnant project. Those Model A & AA cabs need all the room they can get. Really big guys just don't fit!
    Ford in a Ford, good stuff.

osage orange and Metaltwister like this.
  16. Wow! A favorite thing of mine is to scan the background of all the shop pics on here. You have it going on there - Nailhead, early Hemi, oh, a couple of W's....

charleyw and Metaltwister like this.
  17. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

^^^^Not all are mine....but we like to play...

18. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Got up at o dark thirty Rolled the 37 off the lift in the side yard , rolled it down the street and fired it up so as not to piss off the nieghborso_O. Had a wonderful day at work in 95 degree high humidity weather ....Came home and put my daily driver 56 PU on the rack and changed the blown out collector gaskets, still in 95 Degree shit ass weather:( Good news is I had a blast driving my tunnel rammed 406 5 speed 37 to work! In my easy chair now , and a couple of cold beers later...LIFE IS GOOD.

19. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been finishing up the body work on this '46 GMC pickup cab I chopped. Seam sealed the back side of the weld joints and used rubberized undercoat inside the cab to prevent future rust. One door had some major damage due to both rust and vigorous sandblasting, so I re-skinned it using my new English wheel.
    20180718_024139.jpg 20180718_025854.jpg 20180718_050506.jpg 20180721_045215.jpg 20180722_074749.jpg 20180722_074607.jpg 20180722_075827.jpg 20180720_070746.jpg 20180716_205743.jpg

20. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Yesterday ended up at 115 degrees, supposed to be 116 degrees today. :eek: The plan is to get out parts books and figure out what I need on the '57 and place some orders until money allocation for month runs out.:rolleyes:

Metaltwister and UNSHINED 2 like this.
  21. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How very well done. Really like it.

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  22. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

EB3C3293-BF81-4C8A-95F6-D5C29387568F.png Paper work and melting... its going to be ultra hot in the shop today and with a 400% energy surcharge... maybe the beach this afternoon?

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  23. Latigo

Latigo

I hang a couple of sighs every time I see your avatar!

24. WTF really

WTF really

Haha glad you like I thought about changing it.

25. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

That is some damn nice work!

26. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

My daily driver finally arrived this morning.
    Took the 35 mile ride to the Idaho Transportation Dept. to register it. I guess it was around 100 deg today. The Flattie ran nice and cool at 190.needs a valve adj and a small ex leak. But otherwise this old Ford is tight. No rattlers or squeaks even on the dirt roads. IMG_3529.JPG
    Stopped for lunch and I noticed these on the wing windows
    IMG_3532.JPG
    I couldn’t wait to get home and razor them off.
    Every time I take out one of the old cars I meet at least 2 or more people that have old cars.
    I’m only a little bummed, my Olds Caps won’t clear the centers on the Ford wheels

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    61Cruiser, alanp561, JOYFLEA and 5 others like this.
  27. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Good day to get in the truck with the AC blazing and check out what our new proto type 35/36 tudor bucket seats look like with new skin on them! Im pleased... we are making replacenent zig zag seat spring replacements that bolt into your original seat frames or we can supply you with the whole frame and inserts to the original configurations.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. 34Larry

34Larry

Been getting up at 4:30, and making coffee going out on the front porch, drinking a cup or two while the sun makes an appearance, just me the passing paper boy and a few mosquitos, reading paper then getting the lady of the house out of bed. (Most peaceful time of the day.)Have a bowl of oats, more coffee. Today we went and placed flowers at growing memorial for a policeman killed in the line of duty trying to capture a three teenage hoodlums Saturday night. They were running, he deployed stop sticks and was struck and killed by a pursuing officer of the same force. So darned sad it hurts. The pursuing officer was injured also when he hit 3 other cars, but he will be ok. Gonna really be tough for him to live with, the communities heart is hurting for the deceased officers family and the officer who hit him. Kids, two 16 one 15 driving daddy's truck were at a Sharie's dealing/buying, fired shots, cops came gave chase and that's how it came down. Kids crashed doing 95, rolled dads nice truck, two ran, driver apprehended other two caught later. 15 year old did the shooting, and was dealing, no one hit. Consequently a father of 2 girls, a husband and damned fine officer dead. Damned punks.
    Came home did a little clean up in the garage and installed some windlace on the doors and called it a day and kicked back with a ide tea and have been on my ass the rest of the day.

29. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Nice, clean car!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.