Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Mrs. Brenda's wagon got its picture in Street scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 325w, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Just got the July issue. Mrs. Brenda's wagon got a nice picture in there. Page 120.

2. Thanks Dick,I got my copy about a half hour ago,Brenda hasn't got home from the shop yet but I'm sure she will get a kick out of seeing the car in Streetscene. HRP

3. Tell your wife congratulations on the photo. She deserves it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Scan the page and post it up.:)

5. Fordors

Fordors

Or just take a picture of the photo with your cell phone and post it.

6. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Well that's a nice feather in your cap :)

7. ...................or Brenda's hat!:D;)

Bowtie Coupe and Hnstray like this.
  8. topher5150

topher5150

pics or it didn't happen:D

9. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I saw it too, congrats. I made it 4 times in the past

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  10. Hombre

Hombre

Lets see that picture. I just got a 2 door wagon, and I am interested.

Bowtie Coupe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

now that is good news - Congrats to "The Boss" - all want to see the pic

12. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. 48stude

48stude

14. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

15. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

Thank all of you for the kind words. It is nice to know others appreciate the things you care about and put so much effort into. It is my car, and I did have to fight to keep my wonderful husband from hauling it to the crusher, but once he agreed to fix it for me he exceeded my expectations.

OahuEli, Budget36, wraymen and 8 others like this.
  16. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

Would love to see a picture of your wagon.

17. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

18. You’re very welcome ma’am.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. 48stude

48stude

You are very welcome! Bill

20. Hombre

Hombre

I never dreamed it would be a Ford Wagon. The one I just bought is almost the same car, mine is a 1953 Ford Ranch Wagon two door. I only wish it was a nice as your's but in time maybe. driver side.jpg passenger side.jpg

21. That's a good looking wagon,does it still have the flathead? HRP

22. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I had to look at my latest issue and check it out. That is a fine looking wagon

23. Hombre

Hombre

You know HRP I was never one to get into this type of car to much. I am much more of an open wheeled car kind of guy. Then I read a post here on the HAMB about shoe box Fords and feel in love with the look of those old Fords. So I went and bought a builder 50 Ford Coupe. My plans for it do not include the Flathead it came with. This old 50 Ford is a mess but it did come with a supposedly running flathead--yea I know we have all heard that before. Then this little 53 Wagon deal came about. My wife has asked me for a long time to build here a classic car for her to drive. She really likes this 53 so it was on. The wagon came with a 223 (?) six and a three speed.

I got the 50 Ford flathead loaded onto my test stand and after messing around with it for an hour or so it did in fact run and runs pretty well too. I believe ( someone correct me if I am wrong here) that this flathead from the 50 Ford Coupe is pretty much a bolt in for the wagon. If that is the case my plans for the wagon are to install this flathead and do a transmission conversion to a C4 automatic for her.

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Hombre, I like your '53, and it has a lot of potential. The '54 has the advantage of the ball joint front suspension, but otherwise the 53 and 54 are only different in trim and other minor stuff.
    In '59 I bought a '53 Tudor Mainline with the 215 cid 6cyl. and 3 on the tree. The engine was expanded to 223 in '54.
    Drove the hell outta that car for several years and never found a stock flathead that could outrun it! In about '63 I wrapped it around a Chestnut tree and pretty well finished of the body and frame. Sold the engine to a guy who put it in a plumbing service truck and drove it on for years.
    The V8 was Ford's big feature and they just couldn't bring themselves to let it be known that the 6 cyl was faster!

25. Hombre

Hombre

Old Man , That is interesting. Reading between the lines here, Are you saying that this is a 215 Ford 6? I personally don't have a problem with the 6 in "THIS" car because it is for the old lady. Problem is that 3 speed tranny. Anyone know if I can adapt a C4 maybe to that 6?

Bowtie Coupe and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Hombre, as far as I know and remember the 6 cyl. was a 215cid in '52 &'53, then upped to 223 for '54.
    Also vaguely remember that for the Mexican road race in one of those years they ran the 6 cyl.
    That basic engine ran for a lot of years but after going so many years with easy interchange, Ford got bad about changing bolt patterns on the rear of blocks, etc. so I dunno about C4 use.

27. I'm not aware of any company that manufactures a adapter for a 6 cylinder Ford to a automatic. HRP

Bowtie Coupe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Brenda's wagon has so much history starting with her grandmother to her dad to her.
    danny & dave did a great job bringing that wagon back to life.

29. Way to go Brenda & Danny!

30. wicarnut

wicarnut