Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Would there be any interest in a Wisconsin Hot Rod hundred?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Jun 30, 2016.

?
  1. Finally, I have been waiting my entire life for this event

19 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nah, I would rather stay home and watch Wheel of Fortune

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. There is a hotel in Jefferson and Watertown. I would look there or you can camp in my yard:p:D.

Roothawg likes this.
  2. I'm just a tad east of there, and there's always cold beer here too....

T&A, we need to cross paths one of these days...i'm New Berlin, with hopes of moving this summer out your way

leadfootloon likes this.
  3. 1pickup

1pickup

My band is playing in Madison at 9pm evening. If any of you are staying in the city, I'd be good for a beer, if you stop by. Check us out on FB @hankkimballandthecountyagents Unless you have a problem with Hank Williams (I, II & III), Dwight Yoakam, Ernest Tubb, Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash, Cash himself, etc.

leadfootloon and bobwop like this.
  4. @PBRmeASAP are you going to make it this year?

5. Your band sounds like my mp3 player in my shop @1pickup there's no way I can pull that off that night. But I will get out to hear you band.

6. Very possible...always conflicts this weekend for me...but going to try

leadfootloon likes this.
  7. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

For those heading to the area on Friday, head on over to the Kiltie Drive In.

Address: N48 W36154 Wisconsin Ave., Oconomowoc

It's really not far from Jefferson.

They are having their annual spring cruise in. If the weather is good, there will be a couple hundred cars.

image.jpeg

PBRmeASAP, bobwop, MMM1693 and 2 others like this.
  8. Roothawg

Roothawg

Got the new improved fuel tank installed this weekend. It adds 2 more gallons....hey it's another 30 miles. Maybe, more like 100 since this one doesn't spill out at every corner.

bobwop, MMM1693 and leadfootloon like this.
  9. If your still thinking of going on the run registration closes at the end of April.

10. Not going to make it this year. :(:(:(:(

11. I'm going to miss you Jim. I've been going crazy trying to get my Dads 55 ready. A small look into what what's been going on by me. Frinds amd family have been a big help. The last picture is my father in law teaching one of the twins how to wire he really likes it and he's 13 and has been soldering for the past year or so. Learning the right way to wire a car. This weekend is the steer column put the inside back together amd put the front clip on I hope. 20180331_103658.jpg 20180331_164247.jpg 20180415_154525.jpg 20180415_155105.jpg

12. :D

13. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ronny, things look like they're progressing very well. Nice work! Jim, this is a real bummer of a read for Saturday morning.:(

14. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

Just got our room booked, talking to Brenda at the Suites helped a bunch. Looking forward to the ride through the woods!!

guthriesmith likes this.
  15. Looking forward to meeting you both.

16. gene-koning

gene-koning

There are woods in WI? LOL! We are ready. Is it time yet?

The coupe is going in for an oil change and check up Thursday. I do my own maintenance, but once a year, at the beginning of the cruising season, I take it to my buddies shop, get the oil changed and levels topped off (I have a hard time getting gear lube into the 5 speed laying on my back). He gives it a once over with a fresh set of eyes, knowing we will be driving it several thousand miles again this summer. There have been times he has caught things I have missed. I believe its just a good practice and has resulted in many trouble free years of driving. Gene

cvstl and leadfootloon like this.
  17. 1pickup

1pickup

Now that registration is closed, my bro decides he might want to go. Can he just show up, or does he need to contact somebody, or is he S.O.L.?

18. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Shoot me an email: [email protected] with his info, shirt size and how many for lunch and I'll fix him up.

19. upload_2018-5-15_13-55-4.png
    Will soon be over... We will have a few extra shirts & lunches.
    Hot Rod Hundred – Wisconsin

May 19, 2018 Reliably Drive

It is all about The Drive, Go a hundred or go home…

The Registration

• The focus of the event will be for cars and trucks 1964? and older. That said we are not police or dictators. Bring a newer toy and we will still talk to you.
    • All pre-registration entries must be received by April 30, 2018 to receive the event T-shirt and box lunch. You may still register after April 30th, but the T-shirt and box lunch won't be included.
    • The organizers may choose to cap the number of registered participants accepted.

The Start Point, Comfort Suites Johnson Creek

HRH Wisconsin 2018 host hotel is holding rooms especially for you, until April 25. When booking be sure you are aware of the 48 hour cancelation policy. Johnson Creek Outlet Mall is close at hand.

Whether staying at the hotel or driving in, check-in will begin at 7:30AM at the Comfort Suites parking lot. Look for the RV parked on Resort Drive. 8:45AM driver meeting at RV, 9:00AM departure.

The Drive, 115 miles of Wisconsin back roads

Follow your GPS and the interstate and you can be at Indian Lake in less than an hour and just over fifty miles. Follow our directions with few highways (none divided) and it will take about three hours and 115 miles. We are certain that you will drive where you have never been before and see views you never saw before (even if you are Wisconsin born and bred). Be sure to follow your map, right up to the end. If you think you know the way, you are sure to miss some great curves, hills and views.

The End Point, Indian Lake County Park

Gather here around noon; for bench racing, fellowship and food. At 483 acres, Indian Lake County Park is one of Dane County's largest parks. A winding trail leads to a historic chapel built in 1857, located on a hilltop with a breathtaking view of the lake and surrounding valley. HRH reserved shelter, pictured below, has 22 picnic tables and there is plenty of Hot Rod parking.

http://www.hotrodhundred.com/wisconsin.html

1959Nomad, gonmad and David Gersic like this.
  20. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Found out tonight that the cruise night at the Kilte Drive In is cancelled in case anyone was planning on going.

21. Thanks for letting me know, as I had planned to attend.
    See everyone on Saturday.

Phil

22. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Thanks. Was thinking about it. Maybe I’ll go anyway, gotta eat somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. A Boner

A Boner

Might go anyway.....here is the Kiltie Drive In phone # 262-567-2648

24. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

We may go to because I bet there are a lot of local guys that still think is on.

25. A Boner

A Boner

Everyone call a friend......see you there, this Friday the 18th, 3:00- 8:00 or so.
    Hwy 16 just east of Oconomowoc Wi.....exit Brown Street.

David Gersic likes this.
  26. Trophies are done and landed in WI today. Wish I could be there running the route with you all, but will be praying for safety and a great event overall.

IMG_3042[1].JPG

Thor1, 1959Nomad, gonmad and 2 others like this.
  27. any idea why?

28. gene-koning

gene-koning

My wife and I will be getting into the area a little after 1pm Friday. Is there anything we should see while we are in the area?

My experience with this part of WI pretty much is Janesville, Madison, the Jefferson swap meet, and years ago my parents had a trailer park on the Rock River in Nevill (I think). A few years ago we did the outlet mall, that was probably enough of the mall.

So what recommendation do you have that we should do until we lock ourselves into the hotel for the evening on Friday? We will be heading home after the cruise Sat because our grandson graduates from High School on Sunday. Gene

29. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

We'll be leaving here about 9 AM tomorrow, we'll get there whenever, we like to take the back roads and if we fell like stopping we stop, if not , we don't. Looking forward to a fun weekend. Jan wants to stop at the House on the Rock Sunday, then on to her Cousins house in Red Wing, Mn. for the nite. Off to Our House Monday morning, knock the Bugs off of the old girl and get ready for the next trip. Safe travels to all!!

guthriesmith, 1959Nomad and gonmad like this.