Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bermuda Bell?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chili Phil, Jul 24, 2007.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

A photo would prove that!:rolleyes::D

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Here ya go....DING DONG....ha ha!!!!

[​IMG]

3. my ding aling my ding aling she loves to play with my dingaling

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Question for the custom guys that were there in the mid-fifties....where did they normally mount the bell?

5. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

Under the floor.

6. RDR

RDR

The first thing 16 year old Larry Watson did when he bought his 50 Chevy (which became the Grapevine) was to mount a Bermuda Bell under his floor so he could step on it with his heel.... that's what he told me.....they sound like a service station bell if you've ever heard one of those...

7. That's the original!!! Non electric is the way to go... all you need now is the train whistle, Wolf whistle and the you'd have "ALL the BELLS and WHISTLES"!!!!!!:D

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

ha ha.....yeah I need all the noise makers. I talked to Muttley's Dad and he said some would put in front of the left corner of the seat and push it with there hands.

9. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

10. I posted several months ago on this thread. I found one on eBay NOS and have mounted it into the floor of my '34 Terraplane. There had been one on the car so the floor was already drilled. Perfect. Just apply screwdriver and it was a done deal. Its a trip down memory lane.

11. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

Damn, I gotta get one of those! I'm not a youngster, but I've never heard of one before. That's loud! What's the purpose for it?

12. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

I use mine like a horn ... but it's a lot more friendly sounding. A couple of months ago, I got an NOS bell from Crestliner after putting an ad in the classifieds here on the Hamb.

13. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks to Sancho, I just picked one up on EBay. Here is what it sounds like....

Chili Phil, Ron Funkhouser and Sancho like this.
  14. I have one in the roadster! The old guys like it.:rolleyes:
    ROADSTER 002.JPG 004.JPG

15. Gman0046

Gman0046

I'd rather just install red dingle berries above the windows and call it a day.

Frankie47 likes this.
  16. Oh good. I was waiting for that......

straykatkustoms likes this.
  17. Fixed it for ya.

18. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

DON'T LAUGH BUT on my unrestored, 29, phaeton i never have washed it in 21 years , i have an exhaust whisle, wolf wisle cow horn,bermuta bell and ooga horn and a duck call. and fart machine. bought another bell last year for $35, is on my T-V8. mine are all aluminum, my buddy has a brass one,

19. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

OH! i forgot, i also have red dingle balls and a coconut head on the top bows, and a tin cup like albert & costello had when their model A was under water in movie ""NO INDIANS PLEASE"", and my boyscout whistle.

20. "Needs more cow bell."

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  21. Gman0046

Gman0046

Nothing beats a bolt on Lighted Swan hood ornament, red jeweled mud flaps, lakes pipes that are not hooked up, venetian blinds in the rear windshield, bolt on port holes and a furry mirror muff.

22. My day is complete.

wraymen likes this.
  23. How do you make a venetian blind.........poke em in the eyes.

Sancho likes this.
  24. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

wizard, i forgot that i have a BIG cow bell hung from the rear. there are so many custom accesories on the car i can't remember them all. has tiguana upolstry job don in the 50's, i only sewed it up in a few places.